Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
New version of Wet released [updated]
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've just uploaded a new version of Wet to OS4Depot.

Download

This fixes the wind icons (which I suspect never worked properly), and the ARexx problem on OS4 final.

The occasional crashes during use are not fixed yet as I haven't been able to track them down (they don't seem to happen if I use a version with all the debugging information intact)

Update 06/02/07
I've uploaded another new version to OS4Depot - this fixes the crash on exit, the odd infrequent crash during updating and the crash that occurs if you attempt to put in a blank ICAO code.

Chris

Edited by Chris on 2007/2/6 23:32:01
Go to top
Re: New version of Wet released
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

I gave it a try, but I get a DSI error when I quit the program. I had no problems with the previous version though.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@DoodooHead

Does it happen every time, or only under certain circumstances? eg. does the docky need to be active, does it crash only when it has been running for ten minutes, etc?

Thanks
Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Yes, it happens every time I quit the program. I don't use the Docky. It happens no matter if I run it for 5 minutes or over an hour.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@DoodooHead

I can reproduce it here, but it doesn't happen consistently. The crash occurs in newlib's exit routine, which makes it tricky to determine the cause. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything that would cause this (I only made a couple of minor changes), unless it's something I did some time ago and have forgotten about. Are you sure it didn't happen in the old version?

It may be something in the SDK that doesn't like OS4final, but again this would have happened in the old version.

Chris

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Chris

How comes the only monitoring stations are in Ghana? I doubt that the weather over there is going to be of much interest to us UK users :)

Simon

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rigo

Eh? They're not!

Try tapping in EGLL (for London) or - better - your latitude and longitude and click "find".

You can browse through locations here, and you can normally do this through Wet as well, but it looks like I didn't check the script, and there is still some problem with the ARexx port.

I'll get that sorted.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

I started Wet by double clicking on its icon. (It is not in WBStartup.) I waited for it to get the weather data from my local station. I then chose Quit from the project menu. I did this ten times with the old version and ten times with the new one. It crashed every time on the new version and not once with the older one.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@DoodooHead

OK, thanks. I'll have to locate my previous source code to find out what I've changed since.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Hi,

I like your WET program, but I don't understand what is
happening with it for a couple of days, it seems to
keep the weather condition of the Jan.24 at 04:22.

I try to change ICAO and it works for a couple of days then
it hang on a date and the weather is not refresh.

I don't have any error like (No Data Available).

Any idea?

Thank you.

Bye!

PS. I use the latest V4.18.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Pierre55

Do you leave it running all the time, or are you rebooting?

I must admit I haven't tried running Wet for more than a few hours (a day maybe) without rebooting, so there may be a problem there. Does the Grim Reaper appear at all? There is a bug (now fixed) that causes Wet to crash occasionally during updates, but just clicking continue will get past it.

Chris

Edited by Chris on 2007/2/1 0:14:54
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Wet is a useful program and I have it in my WBStartup. Just a few comments:
- I have an interesting bug. Every time I minimise the AmiDock and then maximise it, one more Wet icon appears on the dock.
- Deselecting show app-icon works fine, but when I click the minimise icon on the window, it minimises and the app-icon returns
- Is there any way that the forecast page can include temperature information? Or is this information not sent by the server?

Hans

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

I don't use it any longer. Lost my KDET connection back in May. Hope to get an ISP soon. Sorry I can't help check it out!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
- I have an interesting bug. Every time I minimise the AmiDock and then maximise it, one more Wet icon appears on the dock.

Hmm, that sounds like the same bug as TuneNet had. However, I can't reproduce it here (only a minor problem with the menu item not remembering its state). Anyone else got this one?

Quote:
- Deselecting show app-icon works fine, but when I click the minimise icon on the window, it minimises and the app-icon returns

This is intended behaviour. If you want to hide Wet without the icon showing, use the close gadget.

Quote:
- Is there any way that the forecast page can include temperature information? Or is this information not sent by the server?

Unfortunately it is not included in the data sent by the server.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

I just installed Wet and tried it for the first time in a very long time. It is a lot more stable for me than it was when I last used it (must have been a year ago or so). I also really like the docky. Thanks for a good program.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Hi,

Yes it was running all the times and the temperature was
updated but one day there is no update.

Well I just try again to see and it's working and now I have a
new update from Jan. 31 12:28.. (6 hours old though) very strange!

This morning (18 hours later) it still at the same date (Jan. 31 12:28).

Bye!

Edited by Pierre55 on 2007/2/1 12:35:37
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Pierre55

If you quit, restart and update it, does it update or is it still stuck on the old data?

If it doesn't update, the data on the server probably isn't getting updated as regulary as it should.

If it does update, it is probably a bug in Wet.

What site code are you getting data from?

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Hi,

The data on the server is certainly not updated, I just boot
my A1 and the date correspond exactly at the loading time of WET.

The site code I use is CYMX.

Thank you.

Bye!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Pierre55
Quote:
Well I just try again to see and it's working and now I have a new update from Jan. 31 12:28.. (6 hours old though) very strange!

I think Environment Canada is messing with the data feed. I have similar problems here in Calgary and I'm using the older version of Wet. Some Canadian sites are working fine while others are not.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ssolie

Same here in Adelaide SA. I used to be able to tune to Edinburgh RAAF Airbase (2km from me) but now I can only get Adelaide Airport (40km away and next to the sea) so the temperature variable can be significant (usually 2-8C)

Never the less it is still a very nice program.

ace

Oh yeah I get the Ghana bit too, mind you the temperatures are probably similar in my circumstances!

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »