Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Pixelartists, Mac users and maybe easy hollywood contribution needed for Softwareproject
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
EDIT: Consider Addslides as Beta, it probably works flawlessly already as plugin inside iBatch. It can now generate MAC slideshows as well (PPC Mac still untested though).

Hi all,
as you might know, I am the author of iBatch and some other little utilities. I am Amiga User since 1990. I need your help for a little softwareproject:

Resized Image

Addslideshow...

..is a little utility which adds a "slideshow executable" to a given image directory. Once you click the "slideshow executable" a slideshow will be started in order to show all images of the given directory. Addslideshow itself will let you choose several options:

1. different slideshow executables / modules (ranging from basic to slideshows with all bells and whistles)
2.Fading effect
3.Introtext
3.backgroundwallpaper
4.navigation buttons
5.Imageframes
6.delaytime
7. target architecture

Resized Image

This is how you can contribute to "Addslideshow":

0) betatest/support for Apple Macintosh (PPC/i86) "slideshow modules"
1) create/send me simple wallpapers/backgrounds in different resolutions
2) create/send me frames
3) create/send me a button set
4) if you are really into it, you could try to create your own "slideshow module" in Hollywood (or any other crossplatform system), if there is any interest I will puplish a workshop, you donnot need deep programming skills to do that (as long as you use "Hollywood"). It might be a good project for hollywood beginners.

However, here is an archive containing several things which might help you:
1) pdf doc with screenshots: this will show you, what wallpapers, buttonsetes etc. are about
2)addslides.lha: An alpha release of Addslideshow, in order to test your contribution (if you want !!).

addslides.lha
Donnot forget to download wizard.library (follow links from iBatch Website).

Thanx for your support, feel free to contact me via iBatch {at] web dot de

Gero (gerograph)

EDIT: you need wizard.library in order to run Addslideshow

Edited by gerograph on 2011/4/26 17:57:22
Edited by gerograph on 2011/5/12 21:54:06
Edited by gerograph on 2011/5/12 21:55:03
Go to top
Re: Pixelartists, Mac users and maybe easy hollywood contribution needed for Softwareproject
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just wondering. Did you have some request from Mac users?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Re: Pixelartists, Mac users and maybe easy hollywood contribution needed for Softwareproject
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I'm not sure what this post is about. Is it that the author is asking for help in porting a mac application to AmigaOS4? or is he asking for help in porting an application to Mac OSX?

Maybe its just me?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C
No, I am not asking for porting soft. I just need somebody who can betatest the Macintosh "slideshow executable" (Player) version, as I donnot have a Mac.
The "Addslideshow GUI" (AmiBlitz/Stormwizard based) just copies the chosen "Slideshow executable"/Player into the given directory, plus a settingsfile, wallpaper,... This enables you to run slideshows on different plattforms. The "Slideshow executables"/Players themselves are hollywood compiled.

@Ellwood
No, not having any Mac users interested. But once we talk about hollywood, why not add MAC as well...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gerograph
Quote:

No, not having any Mac users interested. But once we talk about hollywood, why not add MAC as well...

Maybe it was a bit badly structured in the topic name, imho something like "Help from any users which can run Hollywood binarys (aos4/aos3/mos/aros/linux/macos/win32) are need it !".

Because as it for now, its a bit hard to understand (i only understand what you mean after you explain it).

Related to topic itself: it is necessary to use Hollywood for you ? I mean its usually not so fast and have some visuall limitations and quirks.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Maybe it was a bit badly structured in the topic name

well, most important thing is to get some additional wallpapers, buttonsets and imageframes.

plus, if I get one or two MAC people who might help me with testing hollywood binaries, that would be great.

Quote:

it is necessary to use Hollywood for you ? I mean its usually not so fast and have some visuall limitations and quirks

No, generally it is not necessary. The "Addslideshow" GUI shown in the screenshot runs on Amiga OS3.x and OS4.x only. But the "Slideshow executables" or "slideshow players" should be able to run at least on Amiga OS and Windows. They only show images of a given directory with fancy transition FX etc.... BUT:
I guess for showing images, TransitionFX, crossplatform there is nothing better than Hollywood.

However, if you are getting bored with OWB MUI, you are more then wellcome to do an Slideshowplayer (AOS/Win) in C/C++,Assembler or whatever. Including mega fancy effects etc. This might help, to show slides on also 68k Systems in a reasonable speed, plus allows mega fancy effects on SAMep440...

greetings gerograph

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've got an Intel Mac. Do you need me to test something?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Samurai_Crow
Thanks, I'll come back to your offer. Send me a mail to ibatch [at} web dot de, in order to keep in contact.

greetings Gero

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Message sent.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Samurai_Crow
2MB of PM for you, including a 68k and Mac Intel "Player". The 68k Player needs a high spec machine (even a SAM will show this one a bit slow !). If you rather want to have AROS/OS4 native Player, tell me. However the MAC Player should be fast enough.

greetings Gero

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@gerograph

SlideAndFly just shows a black screen when I run it. If I run it from the command as SlideAndFly.app/contents/MacOS/SlideAndFly from the addslidetestdir directory it shows the same black screen and no error message. I think it's looking at the wrong place for its files.

Usually the current directory when running the SlideAndFly application from the icon is SlideAndFly.app/contents/MacOS/ and if you want to look at the directory outside the app bundle, you have to change directories to ../../../ and access your files from there.

I hope this helps you.

BTW, I don't have P96 installed in my work directory on E-UAE so I cannot view the 68k binary.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Samurai_Crow

Quote:
I think it's looking at the wrong place for its files. Usually the current directory when running the SlideAndFly application from the icon is SlideAndFly.app/contents/MacOS/

It just looks in its rootdir...
O.k., what happens if you shift the image files, #*.cmnt files, BGPic and frame into this directory ? Does it run ?

What would happen, if I just rename SlideAndFly ? (The Appdirbundle) Would it still run ?

Quote:
BTW, I don't have P96 installed in my work directory on E-UAE so I cannot view the 68k binary.

Good, to know. 68k binary has been tested already, next time I sent you an archive I'll do one without 68k binaries.

Thanks Gero

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

gerograph wrote:
@Samurai_Crow

Quote:
I think it's looking at the wrong place for its files. Usually the current directory when running the SlideAndFly application from the icon is SlideAndFly.app/contents/MacOS/

It just looks in its rootdir...
O.k., what happens if you shift the image files, #*.cmnt files, BGPic and frame into this directory ? Does it run ?

No, actually, it is still a black screen when it runs.
Quote:

What would happen, if I just rename SlideAndFly ? (The Appdirbundle) Would it still run ?

Yes it still works as showing a black screen when I rename the bundle.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
But you can view the included images with a simple image viewer (incl. BGPic)? Just in case they are somehow corrupted...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The preview program shows me the JPG images. The BGPic doesn't show because it doesn't have the correct suffix for the viewer to detect the type.

-edit-
The BGPic views when using the Open Using Google Chrome menu item from the context menu. It isn't corrupt.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@gerograph

The second test works well now.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Samurai_crow
You are fast... you didn't have to set the executable bit ?

However, I have to think a bit more about implementing it properly. I'll come back later. Thanks for help so far !

greetings Gero

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The permissions on the executable were rwxr-xr-x so the executable bits were already set.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Samurai_Crow
just send you a PM with another version to test, I added a workaround for our problem...

thanx Gero

@all
annybody willing to draw/paint a buttonset (nextpic,previouspic and exit) ? Contribution would be very wellcome, as my computer painting skills are not that good !

greetings Gero

Hey, and donnot forget to grap a AmigaFuture, it has iBatch V 1.2 exclusively on the CoverCD !!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gerograph
Quote:

annybody willing to draw/paint a buttonset (nextpic,previouspic and exit) ? Contribution would be very wellcome, as my computer painting skills are not that good !

Try to write mail to Mason directly (he always help me with all my projects all the time, so i think he will be in interest to help you with your one as well).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »