Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
OWB 3.32
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I didn't find instructions what to put into .netrc file and couldn't make it to work. Is that word "machine" required like in the example line ? Are those empty spaces tabs or spaces between "login" and "password" words ?

I don't know if I have some other problems with my computer right now but now it takes really long time to close tabs and OWB itself sometimes.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Re: OWB 3.32
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Indeed, when closing tabs CPU maxs at 100% for a while until the tab closes itself.

Regarding FASTSCROLL, I do not really understand what it is used for.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L

About the scroll thing, it's about sites using background-attachment: fixed attribute/value.

This kind of site is normally very slow, because everything has to be rendered again, even if you just scroll 1 pixel.
This option from WebKit just ignores this attribute, and was originally introduced for slow/mobile computers.

As for the wait+100%cpu at tab closing, i assume it happens while there's still network activity ? If so, it would indicate that this new threaded resolver implementation kind of busy loops when signaled to abort, which is really not something one wants.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
I don't know if I have some other problems with my computer right now but now it takes really long time to close tabs and OWB itself sometimes.

Confirmed - and switched back to 3.31.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There is a news item open already.... I've asked a question...

http://www.amigans.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1379

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
works just fine her, it start really quick, tabs a bit slow.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I wish the curl source was released. When I tried compiling it with a threaded resolver, it caused all sorts of problems crashing when it tried using pthreads.

Edit: Looking at the news story thread, modfr is having the same issue, and kas1e and Chris backs it up. So yeah. Problem isn't solved.

Can someone who has the 3.31 archive, upload it and post the link? I never downloaded it and stayed with 3.30, but I might as well get 3.31

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mick
--binary del--

Related to curl: when we will manage to fix curl normally (adding threading resolver which will not based on phtreads and fixing file.c to make URI works with amiga pathes), then i will upload it to os4depot for sure.

Sources of that version which use Joerg for now will not help for other developers much (until if he will fix that bugs and get rid off from pthread usage ,if not already). But if it will fixed and bug-free, sure will be cool to have one (to avoid working on the same).

Edited by kas1e on 2011/4/26 20:19:18
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for the binary.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I tried Rollback on AmiUpdate that was broken as well so couldn't revert back. ^.^

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

MickJT wrote:
Edit: Looking at the news story thread, modfr is having the same issue, and kas1e and Chris backs it up. So yeah. Problem isn't solved.

Actually I didn't try it (and I daren't now), but the crashlog modfr posted looks identical to the ones I was getting with your threaded DNS libcurl.

Its a bit odd that some people are fine and others are getting problems. IIRC the threaded DNS didn't crash consistently, so the people who are OK may just not have hit the problem yet.

The info that Roadshow has been updated is very interesting, and I look forward to retesting the threaded resolver once that is finally released. I daresay kas1e has a point about pthreads too, although I'm doubtful that would cause bsdsocket.library to crash.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

The info that Roadshow has been updated is very interesting, and I look forward to retesting the threaded resolver once that is finally released.

Where you got this info from? Sounds very interesting yes,

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Another bug I have come across is in the OWB Bookmarks, at some point double-clicking a bookmark no longer works so I have to close OWB and restart.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki
You shouldn't need to close OWB, just close & re-open the Bookmark window... (The Bookmark window is bound to the tab you were looking at when you opened it, and so when you destroy that tab it can't do anything. Wish it behaved more sensibly though.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
This is the reason why I use OWBAdressBook

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

Antique wrote:
Quote:

The info that Roadshow has been updated is very interesting, and I look forward to retesting the threaded resolver once that is finally released.

Where you got this info from? Sounds very interesting yes,

One of the comments on the news article.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Yeah, but that workaround no longer works anymore once the bookmarks have become unstable.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

had to punt on this release as well. the two biggest issues for me were the odd window redrawing behavior -- if i resize the window, the window itself resizes, but the browser contents remain in the previous position like some odd frame setup -- and quitting the tool takes nearly 30 seconds.

is joerg accepting bug reports any more? if he's still planning on making the odd bug-fix, i'd like to make certain i provide useful feedback.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Here's a solution to slow closing problem, by TheKorn, from the news thread:
Quote:
I was having the slow closing of tabs and/or closing OWB itself, with 100% cpu usage. I deleted the cookies file and it resolved this problem for me.

Edit: It looks like that didn't solve the problem for me.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@djrikki

I was having the same problem with the bookmarks.

Solved the bookmark issue by removing () from

(BOOKMARKCOMMAND=OWBAddressBook/AddressBook -%s) Tool type

Seems to work as expected if the Tool type reads as follows

BOOKMARKCOMMAND=OWBAddressBook/AddressBook -%s

---
redfox

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »