Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
problems with new AmiUpdate
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I download 2 days ago new AmiUpdate, reinstall the whole, and now, have strange problem : downloading from first server happens well, but download from the SDK server just stopped all the time on 49% , and nothing happens, the whole OS going to wait-loop and 100% cpu loading.

I not post it before, because i think before that its just my setup is broken somehow, but yesterday i talk with SpotUp, he say that he have exactly the same problem on his PEG2 as well (i also have peg2 , if it make any sense).

Did someone else have such problems ? Its not about internet connection for sure, as with old version of AmiUpdate all works fine.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: problems with new AmiUpdate
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
No problem here with latest 2.7, but i create my own package from personal use only containing all very latest files, if you want i can send you privately

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
I was in hope, that just the latest archive on www.amigaupdate.net , its already fixed and working archive, nope ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Don't know, here all work as expected, also SDK url found and download files from the server without any problems, what URL did you use for SDK ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Default one, i change nothing after installation. And it found server fine, conencts, download from amigaupdate.net all the info fine, then connect to amiupdate.net/SdkServer, start to download from it , progress bar going to 46% , and then everything just stop. Noting happens, "abort" button not works. and i have "scanning for available updates" phrase for all the time.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Mmmm that's very strange ... i can provide my archive so you can try with it ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Check mail

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Same with your archive. Its just download stuff from first server, all is fine, then start to download from second one, going to 46%, and then stop. If i try to run anything, then workbench freezes as well , but 3 buttons works. In serial-log nothing.

The same problem have SpotUP as well with new amiupdate on his peg2, and old version works fine for me as well (sadly that i delete it already and cant swith back :) ).

@rigo
Have any clue ? Maybe have some test-versions for test ? Or debug-ones ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Well so it could be somethings related to Pegasos 2, don't know, for sure it works perfectly on my Flex

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have a problem with a recent update of CopyStore. When I try to download and install it via AmiUpdate it says that it's being used, so I cannot proceed.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In regard to the SDK server in AmiUpdate I have 20 updates which pop up saying path not found.

Ed. An update to the AAlib ASCII library is available. Not found on path.

Lotsa these date back to 2007/2008.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I have ver. 2.7 on my Peg2 and all is fine. It works as it should with no lock-up.

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Works fine for me and my SAMY.
The only problem it's the new LHA v1.5, always try to update, and the files are the same.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The SDKServer is a third party contribution, and is nothing to do with AmiUpdate per-se.

Any complaints should be directed at the maintainer for that database.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have the same copystore program problem as Phantom.
Being used by by a program therefore cannot be updated.

A1200 060/ppc Grex/Voodoo
OS 3.9

A1 G4/1Ghz born again thanks to Acube Systems.
OS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

And after that you will ask : why not everyone use amiupdate :) Just because it possible to have such problems and answers "write mail to mantainers of 3d party server" :)

Even if its not your server, and if problem is indeed in server (did server use some special ami-update-server-code which should be updated? ), then why it included by default in the settings of amiupdate. Calling it as 3d party server, while its by default there and saing to users "go and talk with mantainers of that server" .. dunno.

I mean if some changes need it in server code to new one, then why its not updated when new amiupdate released, and still included as default to settings ? And why it works for everyone , but not for me, and not for spotup ? Imho still can be bug somethere in the programm imho. Just because its freeze workbench (what i assume should be not happens because of server code, only if it send something to some buffer and amiupdate handle it somehow in wrong way).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The SdkServer is not included in the default settings when AmiUpdate is first installed, it's something you have to add manually.

Secondly, it uses exactly the same "code" as the other databases, which are working just fine.

This isn't the first time that problems have arisen from the SdkServer, and TBH I can't be bothered with it. It just makes so much sense to turn it off completely.

Simon

PS. Yes I'm aware of the CopyStore update failing, it seems it will have to be installed manually. I've no idea why it fails as nothing has changed that should cause it.

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo
Yes I run the installer (saved in RamDisk after checking the option) and everything went fine (otherwise it said copystore was already running).

On a side not it detects an update to the ".rar xadmaster" but when it tries to download it, it hangs there forever at 0% (until you abort the download) every other download went perfectly fine.
What's causing it?

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Yeah no worries from me, its called SDKServer for a reason right. :) And like you say AmiUpdate has a default setting.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo
Tryed today and same problem, the file "xad_rar.lha" won't download (progress bar at 0% eternally).

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »