Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 112

amigait, Lio, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)
Anonymous
Re: Simple wishlist for next AmigaOS
@vox

The above WarpUp library increases WarpUp compatibility, but since there is a lot of powerup software also, porting this library to PPC would be useful

PPC Lib Emu

http://wup.aminet.net/package/util/libs/ppclibemu

With last PPC library, if it helps
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24731

It would give acess to some WOS and PUP software that might have not been ported

http://wup.aminet.net/search?arch[]=ppc-warpup&sort=date&ord=DESC

http://wup.aminet.net/search?arch[]=ppc-powerup

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@vox

I sincerely hope you don't intend to just post that to Hyperion. It repeats itself, insults them and includes items that frankly don't belong on a top-priority wishlist.

Cut it down to five seriously major things that they haven't just announced that they're working on, and drop the accusation of managerial incompetence. And try to word it so that you don't just annoy the developers. Remember, they are having to make optimal use of very limited resources, so they'll be prioritising certain things over others. Additional PCI card drivers and firewire just aren't going to be a priority for in-house development.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@T-J

As well as wapros-warpup support imho too. Because support of warpup make no sense absolutely, and support of warpos make sense only for 2-3 games and 2-3 demos (what are already pretty old, and when mesa port will be done, we will have tons of much better games and demos).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

However it's a shame to not be able to use decently these games, i get continuos freezes trying to playing WipeOut 2097 on my Sam Flex (and it is also very slow!), FreeSpace, another original game that i have doesn't work (it freeze as well) and maybe others too

Surely it didn't encourage me to buy other "new" WarpOS games just for the box ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

However it's a shame to not be able to use decently these games, i get continuous freezes trying to playing WipeOut 2097 on my Sam Flex (and it is also very slow!), FreeSpace, another original game that i have doesn't work (it freeze as well) and maybe others too

Imho developers not need to spend their time on warpos (2-3 games) support at all (i mean core-team. If it will do someone else, why not). Because imho better to have hl, quake (last ones), doom (last ones), tons of 3d shuters like Cube, Penumbra and many others kind of games, when mesa will be done. Its for sure will be much interesting, modern and playble in compare with just old WipeOUT and FreeSpace, in which we will plays only because of some nostalgic reassons or kind. For sure after Mesa port we will have no problems with games. Well .. not as on win32 of course, but all open-source and big games will be avail for us, which mostly better of all that warpos games :)

Quote:

Surely it didn't encourage me to buy other "new" WarpOS games just for the box ...

Is there any "new" warpos games ?:)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Well they only need to appy some workarounds in WarpOS lib to make them working, i think they not need to rewrite mutch things.

Quote:
Is there any "new" warpos games ?:)

Yep I use the "" for a reason

BTW: WipeOut it's not nostalgic, is surely the best 3D racing game on Amiga, maybe one of the best Amiga game ever ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79 Quote:
I get continuos freezes trying to playing WipeOut 2097 on my Sam Flex (and it is also very slow!)

Someone needs to reverse engineer (or politely ask for the source of) the MorphOS patch for WipeOut 2097, which removes debug code that was accidentally left in WipeOut 2097, and causes crashes (and possibly slow speed - at least it slowed it on MorphOS dunno about OS4).

I gather that freezing only happens if you start loosing (but can also happen in menus so you need to leave the menus quick).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Don't know how to fix but atleast WipeOut runs fine on AmigaOne (fine = it's fast but with no audio and with some texture problem using Radeon cards)

Conversely on ACube machines it's just crap ...

Go to top
Anonymous
@T-J

What in demand would be insulting? And that 3 out of 5+ priorities the same is nice. However, please cut it down to your suggestion

WarpOS and PowerUp compatibility was kind of expected, at least it was AmigaPPC code. Its good most of code is converted now, and OK if its unecessary now. Bring those few patches for games and some apps and we would be all happy and you might sell some games and old software too

Would love if some of it can make to Power2People if not Hyperion.
http://www.power2people.org/projects/overview/

As you say, it`s just couple people, but then again AmigaOS style is also featuring quality 3rd apps, so you can also improve OS that way. Also, OS gains more value as it delivers more features for its price.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)