Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Sans-Labs closed ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Trying to go at translate.google.com. There is some strange scroll-bar line at bottom. When i move it, memguard say "box scroll start". In owb there is no such scroll-line at bottom. Also words "translate" (in russian its "перевести"), in OWB at the same place where to/from language choice, in netsurf, it jumps over it. Here is 2 screenshots of it:

OWB on translate.google.com
Netsurf on translate.google.com

Also, in OWB, it translate automaticaly (i not need to press on "translate" buttons), while in netsurf, i need press on translate button. Also in OWB, you have button over translate text, for write it on Latin, but in netsurf, no button, just latin text without ask. And buttons itself looks a bit like "os3.9" look, while buttons in owb looks a bit modern and more smooth/crisp.

On the main google page, buttons looks the same and nice, but few marks in netsurf are not present and not works at all. For example in OWB, over the "settings" i have in owb little dropdown icon, pressing on which give me some more settings. I think its JS again ..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crhis
Or for example i check my current mail on www (russian site called "yandex.ru"), and while all looks ok, the name which i write , not centered in netsurf (but in OWB is it), but if i resize the main netsurf window, then name start to be centered. Example screens:

Netsurf on yandex.ru
OWB on yandex.ru

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Trying to go at translate.google.com. There is some strange scroll-bar line at bottom. When i move it, memguard say "box scroll start".

That's a known layout issue caused by lack of a dynamic layout engine. The "box scroll start" is some debug I inserted way back when I started this project, I finally know when that is called, thank you

Quote:
Also, in OWB, it translate automaticaly (i not need to press on "translate" buttons), while in netsurf, i need press on translate button.

Javascript.

Quote:
And buttons itself looks a bit like "os3.9" look, while buttons in owb looks a bit modern and more smooth/crisp.

That's down to the page using default CSS for those elements. If you look in Resources/amiga.css you will see the design code for the buttons (there may be others that aren't present - have a look in default.css - don't update them there though). "select" is the one you are referring to.

Anybody who fancies tweaking those to look a bit more "OS4.1" is welcome to do so. However, I will say that I'd like the drop-down selection gadget to not look like an ordinary button. Send me the changes or post them here...

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Your quick test describe why previously i decided to avoid opening tons of commits in bugtracker :-/

Aniway, maybe at this point we can start, luckly Chis is always friendly and availible ...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79

Out of the six posted so far, there are only two which need raising - the BBC box location issue, and the Yandex input box text centring. Both are pretty minor layout issues and probably easy to fix.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
Also try plz to go at http://reviews.cnet.com/ in netsurf and in owb. In owb all looks good -looking (with white background), but in netsurf, some background over all the categories. And banner which is near of categories by the right side, a bit not on the same line as categories (in owb all they on the same line).

@samo79
Dunno.. Of course bugs are good to post always, just to make developers more in details how it works currently, but real interest will be here to catch all the problems, when JS will coming. And for sure, some bugs we not need to report for now, because they are known by developers, just because almost every site have some mistakes there and there (not big ones, but still).

@Chris
If you as developer of os4 version in interest, i think i (and saimo) can posts all the problems in that topic which we will found, but you need add it to bugtracker. Not that i are lazy or kind, just you know better how describe all of this and so on.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crhis
Issues with cinema.com (at bottom netsurf messed all data). screens:

OWB at cinema.com
Netsurf at cinema.com

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
Out of the six posted so far, there are only two which need raising - the BBC box location issue, and the Yandex input box text centring. Both are pretty minor layout issues and probably easy to fix.

Well if so it's better than i expected !

@kas1e

Quote:
And for sure, some bugs we not need to report for now, because they are known by developers, just because almost every site have some mistakes there and there (not big ones, but still).

Exactly tovarish, this is the difficult part, we need to understand well which bugs have to be reported and which not yet (cause already know as NetSurf limitation, lacks of Javascript and so on..)

BTW: Chris for the next release is it possible to use by default a bigger font for NetSurf, the one availible on OWB is quite good

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

reviews.cnet.com: yes, needs reporting.

cinema.com: mmm, not sure about that one. It is splitting the links over more than one line because the search box gets in the way. The search box gets in the way because the spacing is handled by a Google ad (which gets called by Javascript and thus doesn't show in NetSurf, losing the spacing). I think this is dumb coding on the website, and not anything NetSurf is doing wrong.

Quote:
If you as developer of os4 version in interest, i think i (and saimo) can posts all the problems in that topic which we will found, but you need add it to bugtracker. Not that i are lazy or kind, just you know better howdescribe all of this and so on.

I know as much about the NetSurf layout engine as you do (ie. nothing at all). My reports will be identical to yours.

@samo79

Quote:
Exactly tovarish, this is the difficult part, we need to understand well which bugs have to be reported and which not yet (cause already know as NetSurf limitation, lacks of Javascript and so on..)

If they've already been reported they will be on the bugtracker already. If it's a Javascript thing the way to tell is to switch Javascript off on the other browser you are using to compare.

Quote:

BTW: Chris for the next release is it possible to use by default a bigger font for NetSurf, the one availible on OWB is quite good

There's nothing wrong with the font , it's DejaVu Sans which is guaranteed to be available under OS4 (well, unless the idiot user has deleted it ). You can change it to Arial if you wish, but that's not necessarily installed.

You can tweak the font and size in preferences under the font tab. The initial sizes are set by the core, I do recommend bumping the "default" and "minimum" sizes up a bit though - 14/10 works well here, but I'm still on 1024x768.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
Quote:

There's nothing wrong with the font , it's DejaVu Sans which is guaranteed to be available under OS4 (well, unless the idiot user has deleted it ). You can change it to Arial if you wish, but that's not necessarily installed.

I second with Samos suggestion : by default OWB have nice sets of font size/names (and i think they all also default for OS4). That not big deal of course, but just when you run netsurf frist time, everything are so small.. Its just about "first impression from users".

PS. If you have fixed memguard-crasehs on exit (which happenes btw as well as with graphics version, and with cairo one) , can i get it from you by mail or kind ? (so i can do some more testings in free time, and commit bugs on bugtraker).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
If they've already been reported they will be on the bugtracker already. If it's a Javascript thing the way to tell is to switch Javascript off on the other browser you are using to compare.

I can't with OWB but it's possible with Firefox, but also without Javascript Firefox tend to show the pages very well, evidently isn't only a Javascript issue

Quote:
You can tweak the font and size in preferences under the font tab. The initial sizes are set by the core, I do recommend bumping the "default" and "minimum" sizes up a bit though - 14/10 works well here, but I'm still on 1024x768.

Yes infact i use 14/10 settings, 14 for "normal" font is ok, but 10 for small fonts isn't that good, expecially with my video resolution (1680*1050)

Now you can say, increase the small to 11 or 12 !

But if i do it, then the small fonts become too big and tend to change the original layout of the page too mutch ...

Conversely OWB from this point of view is quite perfect

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
PS. If you have fixed memguard-crasehs on exit

I haven't. After many months of blaming my scheduler code, I've decided it's probably a core issue. I need to log it.

@samo79
Quote:
Yes infact i use 14/10 settings, 14 for "normal" font is ok, but 10 for small fonts isn't that good, expecially with my video resolution (1680*1050)

Now you can say, increase the small to 11 or 12 !

No, I wouldn't say that, I'd say increase the "default" some more.

The "default" size is the size used for text at "normal" sizes. All other font sizes are calculated from this initial value, so changing that value changes the size of all text. The minimum value just stops text being any smaller than that. You don't want to raise it too close to the "default" or small text won't be any smaller than the rest of the text on the page.

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Maybe we should continue about NetSurf in the right topic and go back talking about OWB in this one

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Anybody interested, check this out.

http://github.com/weissms/owb-mirror

ciao

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mausle

Thanks, now to have the latest 3.30 changes we need only the diffs from Joerg

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

I am interest in OWB.
And I want get more info from the site http://www.sand-labs.org/
But I can not visit the site.

Do you have some info about the OWB.
Mainly about the Linux OS Doc and source.

Who have the whole OWB's source.

Who can tell how to get the OWB's source?

Edited by bright07 on 2010/10/31 9:50:23
Edited by bright07 on 2010/10/31 23:52:47
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bright07

First, welcome on Amigans.net

Quote:
Do you have some info about the OWB.
Mainly about the Linux OS Doc and source.

AFAIK, docs was in Sand-Labs site, maybe try with Google. sorry can't help too mutch ...

Quote:
Who have the whole OWB's source.

Who can give me a copy?

Link above contain the very latest source code except some recent Amiga files

Eventually if you are interested the MUI version of OWB (with source) is availible as well at:

http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/src/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

First Thank for you reply.
And Thanks the Amigans.net

I am a beginner for OWB.
Sorry for some simple questions~~

Quote:

docs was in Sand-Labs site, maybe try with Google. sorry can't help too mutch ...

I have searched with Google,but can not find any info about OWB's docs.

Quote:

Link above contain the very latest source code except some recent Amiga files

I have downloaded the source
But I don't know how to make it on Linux OS.
Who can give me some advice or some info.

Quote:

Eventually if you are interested the MUI version of OWB (with source) is availible as well at:

Is link above for morphos OS?
Or not for special OS? I can use it on Linux OS?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bright07

Quote:
First Thank for you reply.
And Thanks the Amigans.net

np, we are are for this

Quote:
I have searched with Google,but can not find any info about OWB's docs.

Yep maybe because the OWB site is down ... :-/

Quote:

Is link above for morphos OS?
Or not for special OS? I can use it on Linux OS?

Don't know if it contains Linux code too, but yes this is the MorphOS source, if you need help with Linux i think that Amigans.net isn't your forum, this is an AmigaOS website only

Did you try to contact Mario Bensi ?
Mario is one of the main OWB developer, you can find his mail on the various changelog (check the ChangeLog files in archive)

Hope that help

Bye

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »