Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 110

sailor, Raziel, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

myX11Setup language and opening programs from Workbench DefIcons
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello all,

Can anyone help...

1) How do ccan I change myX11Setup to english as the options on mine are in german?

2) Is it possible to start an AmiCynix program form a DefIcon, e.g. when double clicking on a Worddoc it would open in AbiWord?

Thanks.

Go to top
Re: myX11Setup language and opening programs from Workbench DefIcons
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

Quote:
1) How do ccan I change myX11Setup to english as the options on mine are in german?

I guess, there is something wrong with your installation. Normally the english catalog is installed by default. It should be located in "Cygnix:Catalogs/english" (myX11Setup.catalog) and the program "myX11Setup" should be in "Cygnix:". When the program is moved to an other place, it cannot find the catalog.

Quote:
2) Is it possible to start an AmiCynix program form a DefIcon, e.g. when double clicking on a Worddoc it would open in AbiWord?

Yes, it is possible, but it is a little bit tricky. Reason: AmiCygnix programs can only handle Unix style paths, DefIcons uses of course Amiga style paths.
AmiCygnix contains a command for translating paths. You could use this script for opening Word documents with AbiWord:

;
; $VER: Start_abiword_DefIcons.bat 1.0 ? 30.09.2010 Edgar Schwan
;

.bra {
.ket }
.key FILE/A

Cygnix:Software/AbiWord-2.6/Start_abiword.bat `Cygnix:CygnixPPC/bin/amiga2unixpath {FILE}`

Download: Start_abiword_DefIcons.bat

I suggest to store this script to "Cygnix:Software/AbiWord-2.6". Then create a project icon in "Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys" called "def_worddoc.info" and set "Cygnix:Software/AbiWord-2.6/Start_Abiword_DefIcons.bat" as the default tool and select "start with Shell".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@cygnusEd

1) Checked installation and looks ok (myX11Setup in CYGNIX:), deleted all but English/GB catalog, still has German buttons though?

2) Thanks for the script, set up a deficon for worddoc like you said, but getting following message now when trying to open a worddoc from Workbench:

EXECUTE: Parameters unsuitable for key "FILE/K"

Any idea, what I've missed?

Thanks for your help.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

edit the "Start_abiword.bat" script and delete "/K" right after
Quote:
.key FILE

save and it might work.

should look like this:
Quote:
;
;
; Start_abiword.bat
;
; $VER: 1.0 2008-12-15 Edgar Schwan
;

.key FILE
.bra {
.ket }

Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin/IsXRunning
If WARN
execute Cygnix:s/Start_XGeek.bat
Else
Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin/xscreen2front
wait SECS=1
EndIf

stack 500000

instead of

Quote:
;
;
; Start_abiword.bat
;
; $VER: 1.0 2008-12-15 Edgar Schwan
;

.key FILE/K
.bra {
.ket }

Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin/IsXRunning
If WARN
execute Cygnix:s/Start_XGeek.bat
Else
Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin/xscreen2front
wait SECS=1
EndIf

stack 500000

both files ("Start_abiword.bat" and "Start_abiword_deficons.bat") should have the "script" and "executable" protection bits set.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

Quote:
1) Checked installation and looks ok (myX11Setup in CYGNIX:), deleted all but English/GB catalog, still has German buttons though?

Did you select "english-british" as your language? If yes, then myX11Setup doesn't find the catalog. Please duplicate the drawer (and it's content) "Cygnix:Catalogs/english" and name it "Cygnix:Catalogs/english-british".

Quote:
2) Thanks for the script, set up a deficon for worddoc like you said, but getting following message now when trying to open a worddoc from Workbench:

EXECUTE: Parameters unsuitable for key "FILE/K"

The argument template should be "FILE/A" or simply "FILE" as Amigo1 said. This is a bug in my current AbiWord package, sorry.
And yes, please set the script flag!

Go to top

Register To Post