Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »
Re: Help port GStreamer
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

You can found the Joerg's mail address on the about window of OWB

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Rigth.

@TSK
found the mail ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I knew that email address already.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Re: Help Joerg
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup and Joerg

25% compiles now, I'm having some problems whit

/Pukapuka/BAL/Graphics/WebCore/AmigaOS4/BCImageAmigaOS4.cpp:34:
error: 'BitmapImage' has not been declared

I know BitmapImage.h is included, and I know its declared so really don't get this error at all.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

I think AWeb wouldn't be the worst solution for a "GUI and stuff"-framework - it already uses Classaction/Reaction - and it is still my favourite browser on OS3.9.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

Quote:

I knew that email address already.

So you write him mail already like "hey joerg, here is DL manager code, please add that to OWB" and have no answer from him ?

If so, maybe we should wait while LiveForIt will compile it (looks like he close to build for now), and then ask from Joerg latest sources and add it ..

Joerg, give us answer about plz. Can you include TSK's DL manager code to OWB yourself or you can give us your latest source ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

I think the problem was wrong name space, but I?m no expert on C++, it looks to me as if the source code is really broken, missing a lot of #ifdef etc.I guess I know when I get to the finale linking stage.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

I believe Firefox good browser, but I think it?s dangerous to just bet on one horse, that?s way having OWB as backup is nice, also not every web page is displayed correctly in Firefox always.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hyperion and everyone else

It?s unlikely we be able be able to keep up whit all the development tools and configures script in the Linux world, as a result we are where likely get stuck whit a cross compiler and Linux or Cygwin host.

I think Hyperion should think about making the SDK easier to install on Linux and Cygwin hosts because of this.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/7/28 17:04:11
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I hope to upload my changes to Sand-labs CVN depository, so if someone quits or decides to do something else for a while someone else can continue the work.

OWB supports a lot of things that?s not currently supported by AmigaOS4 or MorphOS port, like dragging pictures and objects, and lots things, I think OWB as a lot of potential.

I think about making my own download manager or work whit Antique on this, I know he has some great ideas for ctorrent that might be possible to combine.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

The problem (as i know for now), is just Joerg not upload latest changes to SVN for about half of year. But for sure, we need to works on his latest changes, because 3.29 are very stable. Joerg also say, that everyone can write mail to him , and ask for latest sources. Can you write mail to him about ? Then you can compile his latest version, and then add DL manager to main repository and we all will be happy.

And yes, you 100% right. Make all the beat on FireFox not so good idea, because it have (and will have anyway) bugs and problems, which OWB does not have. Personally i like OWB a lot, and preffer to use it, but, the only problem for me - download manager.

Also i agree 100% , that Hyperion should prepare some "cross-platform" SDK. I already think about it yesterday (And i even have in mind, that maybe possible somehow to create some "virtual aos4 machines only for testing purposes", so, x86 coders can compil aos4 bins, and test it somehow on their x86 boxes". To that cross-platform SDK will be cool to include Valgrind and alt.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

OWB supports a lot of things that?s not currently supported by AmigaOS4 or MorphOS port, like dragging pictures and objects, and lots things, I think OWB as a lot of potential.

It's not really OWB itself having a lot of potential, but WebKit itself. OWB is just an API layer over it, showing how easy webkit can be integrated, basically (and sometimes OWB additions are even more a burden than helpers :)).

WebKit as an engine supports the most recent stuff, even more than Gecko, and is an insanely active project. See the history of just a couple days at: http://trac.webkit.org/.

And it's true both OS4 and MorphOS ports don't support all the engine features, like the new HTML5 drag'n'drop feature (i'll implement it soon), websockets, webgl, JIT javascript, accelerated composition (i don't mean hw cairo here, but something else), and a couple more.

So, even if Firefox is a good thing to have, WebKit is at least equally good, but it obviously requires more work on the UI side (which is trivial work in comparison of what the engine does in the first place).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

32% of OWB Compiles today,

ContextMenuItems needs some work, I can see if get it working again,

I think most things works, like Grpahics and Fonts, Timers, Network, so I'm hoping that every thing will compile whit out hazel soon.

I now know how the Cmake/CCMake system works, its makes a big difference and makes it easier for me to fork the source tree where needed.

Current errors:

/BAL/Widgets/WebCore/AmigaOS4/BCContextMenuAmigaOS4.cpp
In file included from /cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:34,
from /Pukapuka/BAL/Widgets/WebCore/AmigaOS4/BCContextMenuAmigaOS4.cpp:32:
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenuItem.h:133: error: 'String' does not name a type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenuItem.h:144: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'String' with no type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenuItem.h:144: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenuItem.h:156: error: 'String' does not name a type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenuItem.h:157: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'String' with no type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenuItem.h:157: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenuItem.h:159: error: 'PlatformMenuDescription' does not name a type
In file included from /Pukapuka/BAL/Widgets/WebCore/AmigaOS4/BCContextMenuAmigaOS4.cpp:32:
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:47: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'HitTestResult' with no type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:47: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:48: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'HitTestResult' with no type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:48: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:48: error: 'WKAL::ContextMenu::ContextMenu(int)' cannot be overloaded
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:47: error: with 'WKAL::ContextMenu::ContextMenu(int)'
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:59: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'PlatformMenuDescription' with no type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:63: error: 'HitTestResult' does not name a type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:66: error: 'PlatformMenuDescription' does not name a type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:67: error: 'PlatformMenuDescription' has not been declared
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:69: error: 'PlatformMenuDescription' does not name a type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:72: error: 'HitTestResult' does not name a type
/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/ContextMenu.h:75: error: 'PlatformMenuDescription' does not name a type
/Pukapuka/BAL/Widgets/WebCore/AmigaOS4/BCContextMenuAmigaOS4.cpp:49: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'HitTestResult' with no t
ype

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

I can't really check, but i suppose Reaction also uses similar macros to MUI.
String() in particular might conflict severely with the internal Webcore String class.
You can either #undef String macro somewhere at the top of this file (and redefine it with another name if it's really needed for Reaction purpose in that file) or deal with namespaces.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Joerg, give us answer about plz. Can you include TSK's DL manager code to OWB yourself
I'd have to see his code first to be able to answer that question, but unless it's written for the OWB classes it's very likely more work integrating something from someone else in OWB than implementing it myself.

Quote:
or you can give us your latest source ?
If someone would have sent me an E-Mail until last week asking for them it would have been no problem, but I didn't make DVD backups of the OWB 3.29 diffs yet and now they are only on the HDs of my dead A1 and it will take some time until I can access them again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Sorry, I've forgotten this thread. It has been too hot to stay indoors and in front of a computer much lately.

Quote:
So you write him mail already like "hey joerg, here is DL manager code, please add that to OWB" and have no answer from him ?

I sent him a question if he will need any help once but didn't get any answer. But I didn't ever send that other email with any source code as attachment. Sorry, I've been using wrong wording in my posts. I mean, I made simple progress bar window rather than a manager. I made it in a couple of minutes so I guess Joerg could make his own one in a couple of minutes too.

@joerg
Quote:
now they are only on the HDs of my dead A1 and it will take some time until I can access them again

That's really bad luck.

Quote:
unless it's written for the OWB classes

It's not.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All
Nice to see peoples enthusiasm to take OWB further,

@TSK
Quote:
I think Sand-lab website even says it should be easy to turn OWB into a library (if I remember). Could somebody turn OWB into shared library or datatypes class ? That way anybody could build their own browser around it. Or use even Multiview.

The ability to embed a simple browser into for example a hollywood project would be cool, I could see a use for that.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
If someone would have sent me an E-Mail until last week asking for them it would have been no problem, but I didn't make DVD backups of the OWB 3.29 diffs yet and now they are only on the HDs of my dead A1 and it will take some time until I can access them again. .

From time to time you should have uploaded it to OS4Depot.net.
or synced the source code whit the CVN.

No I don't go around begging for source code, you have my e-mail address already.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joerg and Fab

What's the WKAL namespace?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
What's the WKAL namespace?
The old WebKitAbstractionLayer used in OWB Robespierre, Blastoise and Doduo, it was removed in OWB Galekid.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »