Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 94

LiveForIt, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Have a look in OS4Depot Uploads - Timberwolf Released
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ALL
As I mentioned over at AW, while you won't notice much on light-weight websites (although I noticed on AW that it loads the entire page with all the avatars in the blink of an eye, instead of slowly loading them one by one like OWB) rendering on heavy pages is FASTER than OWB and scrolling is smoother (not perfect yet, there is room for improvement, but if this is an Alpha, well we are in for a treat!).

Point in case: http://www.ign.com

It doesn't work right in OWB, scrolling the page vertically is almost impossible, and the main graphical rolling menu (where you get the thumbnails at the bottom and bigger detailed pictures in the main part) is dead slow loading all the different featured items.
On Timberwolf is very fast, all fancy menus work fine (and fast!) and scrolling....smooth! (aside that after a while you get some redraw glitches, but still smooth scrolling on IGN.com on Amiga? never seen this before!)

If the final version will be faster, well, the myth of Amiga making things fly on weak HW will be re-inforced ten folds

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@acefnq

It's very impressive how far they have managed to develop Timberwolf for AmigaOS4! Amazing stuff, really!

It's still an Alpha, but now we are getting somewhere, i would say.

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

Wohoooo... Thanx brothers ;) Test it and is working..in most case is faster than OWB on my microA1... But have the same problem like Kicko... And yes..I cant test facebook without it :P :)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

tested and run fine....

For an alpha, no DSI or crash, even with features not finished (open local files,...).

Some site work fine, some other like OWB and some verry slow because heavy site but this first Timberwolf alpha version work verry fine.... I'm impressed...

For sure with the redraw only one time for all time, timberwolf will be verry good on the Amiga

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Good news. Pleasantly surprised how well it works given the Alpha status, graphical 'blacking out' glitch quite evident. No crashes.

Cool icon, reminds me of thundercats!

Look forward to Reaction GUI and Flash (of course) in future updates!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Tested a bit and it looks great, just a few little note:

When I start it (double clicking on its icon), it open me TW in a very small window at the top (at top left) of the screen

About window, but maybe also others windows doesn't redraw/show any text, but you can show them selecting them with the mouse ...

Apart some glitch is an awesome work, congratulation !!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Experience same glitch with tiny window but does open out into a larger window on it's own accord, guess this is down to GUI elements taking a long time to load.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Timberwolf played first html5 demo video I tried at www.html5video.org, albeit slowly and without sound.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

Thats more than Safari 4.0.5 does... just see first frame of video then black screen... lol class

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
dupe

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

There won't be a Reaction gui, the GUI itself is a part of the layout and "fixed". Mason has been working on an AmigaOS theme though to make it look like the real thing, we just didn't get that into this release.

@samo79

The little window in the beginning is the default application window that Mozilla opens. It then loads the browser chrome which goes into it, which also re-sizes the window.

The user interface is actually mostly XUL with javascript bindings.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

Quote:

Daniel wrote:
Timberwolf played first html5 demo video I tried at www.html5video.org, albeit slowly and without sound.

I am writing this from a 2 GHz laptop, and I can say the same (although it has sound of course). Video playback here is pretty slow and choppy.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue

Very promising alpha release, thanks to you both

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daniel
Try this one too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Buck_Bunny

The exerpt at bottom of the page plays quite good on my SamFlex (no perfecion of course), just out of curiosity OWB greets me with this instead:
"Sorry, your system does not appear to have any supported player software. Please download a player."

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)