Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 14 »
Re: Initial port of new Paint app.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I've also put the file here, just to make downloading a little easier:

LodePaint

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Chris wrote:
@ChrisH

Also, none of them are truly OS4 native.

Photogenics and PPaint work nicely* under emulation.
GIMP is native but needs AmiCygnix.

* Actually Photogenics is horribly unstable, but if you save regulary and are prepared to reboot, it works nicely

Chris I actually find Photogenics pretty stable, the odd DSI on start up, but I also get that with other OS4 specific software
What version are you running?

But as for a new graphics program, the more the merrier

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I have just tried Lodepaint on my MicroA1 - running OS4.1 Update2.

Besides crashing on exit, when I run Lodepaint my Workbench screens begins to flicker, sometimes some graphic corruptions occurs. As soon as I quit Lodepaint flickering is gone...

Also Lodepaint froze the whole system when I tried to load a PNG image for editing...

But anyway it is a nice step for a good Paint program :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
When I click on "Save file to your PC: click here"
It re-load the page for lodepain
but no DL is launched ...

[Edit]
Fixed ... I closed IE and 30 sec after ... an ie popup window to save the file appeared .. strange :p

Saved :)

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@freddix

The easy fix seems to be not to use IE

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AJS

The latest one.

It nearly never crashes outright, just certain windows stop responding to commands. Last time I used it I was just trying to crop, resize and touch-up a JPEG. I managed one of the three operations, and trying to save it showed promise but failed to deliver (the new MPs we've elected may have a similar trait ), the image I was trying to save I then couldn't do anything with, although other stuff worked. I was only saving it at that point anyway because the resize was doing the same thing.

I must have tried it about five times before it finally worked, and even then each step needed a save because the next one would crash. I'm sure it wasn't this bad before Update 1 though... haven't tried Photogenics since installing Update 2.

Haven't tried LodePaint at all yet, but I have downloaded it now, which is a start.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @etho

Thanks muchfor the link! I'll give it a go. I'm a -FXPaint2- 'fanboy' myself.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels
I rarely use Internet directly from my Amiga :p
My Amiga is 99% devoted for development :p

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ALL

For everyone in interest, there is a new version of LodePaint for AOS4. Many new functions was added, many changes was done (not by me, by original author). And the most important - he clean up a code a bit, which help me to detect where crash on exit happenes exactly and i can fix it.

Here (in archive) also a new manual/docs and alt as well as full changelog og just for everyone who in interst about "what exactly was done from the last times".

Also it compiles now with all that enabled optimisation (-O3) and such, so, it also must be faster than the first version.

Because programm are works normally now (i mean have no crashes on exit), i upload it on os4depot, and for now you can grab it here

Enjoy, have fan, and report any bugs here.

ps. thanks to Yannick, he upload my changes related to aos4 also to sourceforge, so, now it mostly download trunk/compile/test work.

Edited by kas1e on 2010/5/29 21:33:20
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

thanks to you & Yannick for th update..will check it out soon

update:
ok just loaded it up and it is a big improvement!..no crahses or lock ups and is much quicker...still slugish when loading up large jpg files but very useable on my Samflex@800....will play with it further this weekend when time permits...thanks again

Edited by 328gts on 2010/5/29 17:14:08
mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts
Yep, its indeed more or less usable now. I can do at last those primitive and simply thinks with alpha channels, rotating, resizing, cropping and such in modern style. Of course its for now far from "perfect" as in terms of speed, and in terms of some bugs (which i think 100% here, just not detected very fast by me).

I think if some day we will have new Mesa about we all talk in last 1-2 years, without that Warp3d layer beetwen, then it will "fly" even on 600-700mhz cpus and rare video cards :) But even for now its imho good to have. It was boring for me always swith to mspaint or to photoshop when i need to do not so heavy (but still not allowed on any amiga pain apps) thinks. Now i can do all of this with lodepaint :) Hope programm will mature more and more.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

yes indeed I'm sure it will be quicker with newer updates too..in the mean time its nice to have a good quality paint app native to OS4.1..Gimp for AmiCygnix is also great once it has more plugins ported to it (loading up jpg files etc.)

btw, i noticed a bug in the lodepaint in that the system crashes when the program is left open for a while and the screen saver kicks in

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts
Looks like some OpenGL collisions .. Maybe not enough video memory ?

Btw. Right now do with lodepaint that nasty thinks:
loaded picture, add alpha channel on it by some manipulations, resize it, and save as png = have normal transparent icon. Good that at last i can do such easy but from time to time need it for me fucntions in one app on aos4.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@328gts
Looks like some OpenGL collisions .. Maybe not enough video memory ?

nah doubt it as I have no other programs running and I've got 128MB vram on my Radeon 9250

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ALL
New version in the Upload query on os4depot for now. New since the last (rev30) build:

-- new toolbar look (now it looks really modern, and not like before with win3.1 like look). Its not AISS, but still, very nice.
-- internal clipboard support (so, now all those copy/paste/cut menus are works). Amiga-specific ctrl+c and ctrl+v are not supported at moment, so, only internal usage in the programm itself for now.
-- Added "gradient line" tool, it can only draw lines of 1-pixel thickness, but with gradient from left to right color
-- Made the add/remove borders and rescale filters support all 4 color modes
-- Fixed another color slider bug

Enjoy!

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

that was a fast improvement!..thanks

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

It worked here,but eats all cpu on my sam. Just opened a jpg picture and quit. No problems other than speed.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Not sure that we can radically speedup it with our current OpenGL (slow) realisation (which also use Tranformation, Lighting and CLiping in Software Mode all the time). Also that Warp3D layer beetwen, which overhead our MiniGL very much. But author try to do more and more optimisation, so, very possible it will be faster in future (still, it will be indeed fast when we will have MESA and x1000 :) ).

EDIT: btw, try latest build (where i fix resizing), and for make it works a bit faster, resize it as small as you can (it will be 640x480), and on my 1ghz its can be called "fast". Yes, not so big area for work, but for some simply load/save/change/crops/alpha-change/etc tasks will be more faster.

@All
New version in upload query on os4depot. For this time i fix resizing bug (now it works fine). And looks like that is bug of our SDL implemetation in combo with SDL_SetVideoMode + resize/opengl flags. With depth = 0, all works as must. But if you set depth 16 or 32, then it just works wrong. When i will sure that is bug in our SDL, i will inform it deeply on sdl page.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Initial port of new Paint app. NEW VERSION #3
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

thanks to pointing me to this cool app;D. can you tell me what exact changes did you apply to the source to work under os4? i have compiled it for os3 and have it nearly working but there are problems with rendering the ui. i have either icons and gadgets showing correctly up winuae/wazp or backgrounds and bindowbars with slightly distorted text on hardware w3d (classic/voodoo).
you may answer either on utilitybase thread or even better per mail, not to hijack it here.

Go to top
Re: Initial port of new Paint app. NEW VERSION #3
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@wawa

If you use GCC, better just download latest trunk, and search in all the files on words amigaos4. It will be defines with AROS together, so, you just need to add there aos3 define for saying to compiler to do the same. So, that will be all the "major" changes. Minor ones refers to just wrong includes, some undifined types and such. But if you compile it already, then imho you need check all that amigaos4/aros defines and add the same for os3

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 14 »