Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

Primax, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Micro AmigaOne and SCSI
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to install a SCSI card on the Micro A1's PCI slot? Is SCSI supported? I got my hot little hands on an Adaptec AVA-2906 card. I would venture a guess that this card is from the mid/late-90s. It has a 50 pin connector on top and 25 pin connector on the rear. I would like to transfer some files from my A3000 hard drive to the Micro A1.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Go to top
Re: Micro AmigaOne and SCSI
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@graffias79

I know that work Scsi card with Symbios chip. The Adaptec do not know.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Fogg_80

Hmm I will try it and report my findings. I hope it goes better than trying that SB Live card. I didn't know I could hear that high of a pitch!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@graffias79

I don't think you will have any luck with an Adaptec card. The SCSI driver in OS4 is for LSI53C8xx chips, and only cards with one of this series will work.

I've been using a DC-2976UW card from DAWIControl in my A1 XE G4. You should be able to get this to work in any A1.

For what it's worth, I also used to use a SB Live! 5.1 sound card in that machine, and that worked fine too (well, within expectations for that card at least ), so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you. What went wrong? (Is there another thread where you discuss it?)

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Well I just had one I rescued from a dead PC and thought I would give it a try. It did not like when I used the internet. When listening to any audio and accessing the internet simultaneously, it would crash and give a horrendous high pitch squeal through the SB card. I am ok with the onboard audio.

I am hoping for the X1000 to come out soon and be affordable. I love my micro but it is hard dealing with the 32MB video ram.

As for the SCSI card I will see what I have. I have a lot of old PC parts.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

I found what seems to be a Diamond Fireport card from 1997 that has a large chip that says: SYMBIOS LOGIC 53C875J.

I installed it in the PCI slot, but the computer does not dectect it.

It looks like there is an lsi53cxx.library.kmod file in kickstart already. I did not even see the drive available in the early startup control screen. The drive should be fine and have 3 FFS partitions from the Amiga 3000 on it.

Is there some setting I have to change in uboot or devs to get the card to be recognized?

Of course it could be the micro being a snotty princess again.

Thanks,
Jamie

Go to top

Register To Post