Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How Do I.... ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
.. change the Pointer in 4.1 update 1?

I can open the Pointer preferences and change it, and save it, and the changes are still there when I open Pointer preferences again... but the computer isn't actually USING that pointer.

This probably falls under the category of Missing The Obvious, but I'm stumped!

Anyone else got any 'duh' questions? :)

-jbni

Go to top
Re: How Do I.... ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jbni

Rename/delete envarc:sys/def_pointer.info

I think that should do the trick... try to move/rename it and reboot...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@hotrod

That worked, thanks!

Edit: Need to rename def_busypointer.info , too.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@hotrod
Thanks for the tip! Never would have worked that out myself. Looks like a "bug" to me (looks like Prefs/Pointer needs updating).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH
I was having the same problem. I notice that all the pointers that came with the OWB downloads are now in ENVARC:Sys. Why clutter ENVARC: with a bunch of icons whose sole purpose is a container for an image? I guess if you want to change your pointer you're supposed to open def_pointer.info and load in a new image. They changed the WBStartup to a prefs editor and changed the Pointer prefs into some load an image into an icon scheme. It's certainly not consistant and makes no sense to me.
I'll save my custom pointer image from Pointer Prefs, touch it up and load it into the def_pointer.info file and see how that works.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@xenic

When this feature was added, support for 32-bit pointers this was how they did it... it's been there a while (since 4.0 I think). There are a few 32-bit pointers available for download at os4depot.net and to use them you simply copy the info files to envarc:sys/ . If you're not intrested in 32-bit pointers simply rename/move/delete the files from envarc:sys and the pointers from prefs will be used (up to four colors).

Go to top

Register To Post