Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Anonymous
Re: Its over! Hyperion won!
Questions that spring to mind:

1. Does Amino, itec Amiga Inc and all the merry band of keen litigators now have shares in Hyperion?

2. Now Amiga Inc etc doesn't have to pay lawyers are they going to actualise the stock options of the Amiga Anywhere development team members?

3. Now Hyperion has the rights (exclusively ?!?) to AmigaOS3.1 are they going to play nice with Cloanto, and are they going to suddenly get all musclebound over those that might have infringed on the copyright and IP?

One would hope that everyone has learned from this sorry mess and they will just get on with porting AmigaOS4 to ARM and x86. No more wasting time and effort chasing down also-rans, parochial "competitors" or dodging McBullets.

On verra.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DaveP

Quote:
1. Does Amino, itec Amiga Inc and all the merry band of keen litigators now have shares in Hyperion?

Has Hyperion even mentioned stock? Or do you refer to an "interest in Hyperion" with that comment?

Quote:
2. Now Amiga Inc etc doesn't have to pay lawyers are they going to actualise the stock options of the Amiga Anywhere development team members?

I wouldn't mind seeing our Davy getting paid, or Bolton either for that matter. But if Inception Real Estate is 1st in line for their debts, what are the chances?

Quote:
3. Now Hyperion has the rights (exclusively ?!?) to AmigaOS3.1 are they going to play nice with Cloanto, and are they going to suddenly get all musclebound over those that might have infringed on the copyright and IP?

As I've posted several times from @AmigaPhil:

Quote:
Yes. The Boing Ball logo is one of the things that Amiga Inc. (Delaware) has deposed to the USPTO.
For the story, the status of this trademark is somehow "on hold", as it has been opposed by Hyperion (but both Amiga Inc. and Hyperion VOF are in negociation about this now for the upcoming months).
I think you won't be sued right now, but you could be later (Amiga Inc. has opposed the "Amiga Forever" trademark deposed by Cloanto. They are also in negociation.)

This would seem to indicate there is more going on here than meets the eye, no?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DaveP

1. There are no American shareholders of Hyperion Entertainment prior or after the settlement nor any option holders.

3. Hyperion and Cloanto have an excellent relationship and in any event the settlement agreement does not affect Cloanto's rights.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@HyperionMP

Now that you have control over OS3.X will you include a pre-configured E-UAE setup whit AmigaOS4.x?

Edited by LiveForIt on 2009/10/19 1:05:23
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Really great news...hope to see new Hardware and features soon!

With Firefox coming up, the remaining features which i need before i can buy os4 hardware:
-good office suite
-usable flash player
-possibility to play hd videos

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@the_dude Quote:
With Firefox coming up, the remaining features which i need before i can buy os4 hardware:
-good office suite
-usable flash player
-possibility to play hd videos

Dont forget:
-something difficult, to ensure you can always justify not buying os4...
-the moon on a stick

I mean, does OS4 really need to do *all* those things you mentioned *right now* before you can use it for some things? i.e. Does it *really* need to be a complete Windows replacement before you will even try using it? It's that sort of thinking which IMHO means you're always going to find *some* reason for not buying OS4.

(That's not to say I think you should get OS4 even if it does nothing you want. I just think you should try lowering your expectations a bit.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@HyperionMP
Quote:

1. There are no American shareholders of Hyperion Entertainment prior or after the settlement nor any option holders.

3. Hyperion and Cloanto have an excellent relationship and in any event the settlement agreement does not affect Cloanto's rights.

good to hear. thanks for clarification. good luck!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

I agree with you and if everybody would think like me hyperion wouldnt be able to develop anything...
but i cant afford a computer only for simple tasks...my pc would have to run in parallel all the time and i would have to switch every time i want to see a webpage with bigger flash animations, edit an xls with macros, view a video...

I would love to have an amiga again and it isn?t a problem to turn on the pc from time to time for things the amiga isn?t able to do, but right now its not practicable for ME...
Im lazy ....and so i don?t want to switch (and wait minutes for the pc to start) alll the time :(

I think that my wishes are not too big...i don?t want actual games, 3d stuff or special applications like photoshop...
just the basics... :-/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

He isn't the only one that feels that way and therefore these remarks should be addressed at some point and not dismissed.

Go to top
Anonymous
@HyperionMP

Thanks for the clarification. Usually during some horse trading horses get traded. Sounds like they were rustled ;)

@number6

If you read the PR its obvious a shareholder got added (or more than one). My hope is the stakeholders are those that deserve it - or someone with money to burn.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
But ACER still OWNS Amiga.

Has Amiga Inc any current/future plans relating to Amiga OS, or are they not interested in the Amiga platform ?

Do Amiga Inc and Hyperion share the SAME or different Amiga OS, Amiga related right/assetss ?

In terms or rights/assets are both companies on equal footing ?

Does Hyperion have to pay anyone Royalties for Amiga related stuff ?

Have any money / technology / assets exchanged or to be exchanged ?

Has Hyperion management changed from the beginning to now ?

Is Hyperions goal for Amiga OS changed now and/or more determined ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
After all this time, I think I still need some one to pinch me to make sure it's real. Congratulation to Hyperion and here's looking forward to the future of AOS.

Plaz

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@angelheart

Here's my best interpetation...
Acer owns the Commodore patents and I would beleive the copyright for AOS1.x - 3.x. Gateway gave exclusive rights for AOS to Amino (now Amiga Inc.)

The patents would expire after 21 years. When did Commodore file patents? 1984..94? Some patents would have already expired and the rest will be done by 2015. I don't think any of the current parties are going to be affected by those.

The copyright ownership of AOS could be another story. If Acer ever wakes up to the fact they may indeed own AOS and they decide to make a lega challenge, then we could be in for another strange time in Amigaland.

Plaz

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Plaz

Quote:

Plaz wrote:
@angelheart

Here's my best interpetation...
Acer owns the Commodore patents and I would beleive the copyright for AOS1.x - 3.x. Gateway gave exclusive rights for AOS to Amino (now Amiga Inc.)

The patents would expire after 21 years. When did Commodore file patents? 1984..94? Some patents would have already expired and the rest will be done by 2015. I don't think any of the current parties are going to be affected by those.

The copyright ownership of AOS could be another story. If Acer ever wakes up to the fact they may indeed own AOS and they decide to make a lega challenge, then we could be in for another strange time in Amigaland.

Plaz

And of course Acer could be Hyperions New Partner

not that I think they Are but stranger things have happened

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Plaz

I don't think they own the OS and they certainly do not own Commodore (not logos not operations as both were sold to other companies as per Wikipedia).
I am under the impression they sold the OS to Amiga inc and kept HW patents that's all.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@HyperionMP

Is Hyperion charging Cloanto any money to distribute OS 3.1 ROMS and workbench with Amiga Forever?

p.s. Congratulations on your justly deserved victory over the evil AI!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DaveP

Christmas is early this year, really :)

About changing type of company.

VOF:

A VOF is a company that is involved in trade under a common name. A VOF can be set up by a private agreement.
The shares in a VOF are not unilaterally transferable. However, all partners are severally and unlimitedly liable for the debts of the company. The bankruptcy of the VOF therefore entails the bankruptcy of the partners.

CVBA

A CVBA is established by notarial deed. The partners are only liable for the amount of their contribution. Therefore, they can easily join or withdraw.

CVBA gets personal liability away from owners. You can only loose yor investment, not whole life. It is from my point of view vice move.

And makes easier to get new investors to company if/when needed.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Outcast

Your so gonna get a slap!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
/me Teary eyed

MAJOR MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS, HYPERION ENTERTAINMENT from me!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was always in your corner! (Luckily, seems I was right. )

You deserve everything that you've gotten, as it's you that has accomplished it!

Stick with AOS (like you won't?!? ), I think that the value of it is going to be immense in the coming few years from now and for many, many, many afterwords!!!!!

Now for the dancing bananas?

How about dancing and bananas???

Oh yeah, this below never gets old.... just substitute the name in the background with the appropriate name!

No one partys like THIS guy guy!!!!!!

Oh and....

This juicy fruit !!!

Could also look up "We Will Rock You" and "We are the Champions" while you're at it.

P.S. Outcast, nearer.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi DaveP,

I want to discuss anything in that regards, but we should discuss it in another thread as it could easily end up needing this thread to be moved to "Too Hot to Handle".... You know how us Amigans are.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »