Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 128

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Ibrowse status?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Anyone knows how its going towards a version 3 of ib? Been silent for a long time. Do hope it comes soon as its still a good browser.

X5000
Go to top
Re: Ibrowse status?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Yeah,good question...I like this browser...but it need big update...

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Antique,

No sleight against OWB (actually, I've not used it yet) but it would be soooooo nice to have an actual "made for Amiga" PPC compiled web browser.

I regularly use AWeb, and it starts in FOUR SECONDS! AmigaOne 800 MHz. (Heh, I cheat, it's in the RAM: drive. BUT I use an ATI 7000. It would probably be faster with a 9250.)

It's TOTALLY APALLING and HUMILIATING how long it takes Opera and/or Firefox to start on my 2.26 GHz P4, 1 Gig ram, nVidia 4600 GForce 4 w 128 Megs, striped RAID hard drive setup. How can anyone programming for windos show their faces in public???? micro soft is a travesty, especially when I hear garbage from them like; "we've spent $2 billion in SW R&D" etc. etc.!!!!

As far as I'm aware, it's still not possible to buy IBrowse2.4 or the key file. I don't use IBrowse because of the 30 minute time limit. I tried to buy it a few months ago.

I eagerly look foward to IBrowse 3.0 (for PPC) being released.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Atheist

You can't compare Opera, or Firefox to Aweb or IBrowse. So you can't compare their loading time. Anyway Safari on my Mac takes like 0 seconds to load, quite istant. OWb on SAM is very fast too, i think it load in 2-4 seconds and it is based on KHTML.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

To me it's the ultimate browser but yes it needs to be updated. I'm currently using only OWB most of the times since it's fast and works pretty well most of the times.

But IBrowse 3.0 is like a wet dream ... Just like v1.0 and 2.0 was and also the updates... It's *the* browser to me. It is simply too good to die.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
yeah, we need ibrowse 3.0!

i hope the ibrowse team is working on version 3.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
ikir wrote:

You can't compare Opera, or Firefox to Aweb or IBrowse. So you can't compare their loading time. Anyway Safari on my Mac takes like 0 seconds to load, quite istant. OWb on SAM is very fast too, i think it load in 2-4 seconds and it is based on KHTML.

Hi ikir,

Don't let imuc deceive you.

My computer is an 800 MHz with ram that isn't even DDR1!!!!!

PC 133 MHz ram, 800 Mhz G4 with what 256K or possibly 512K L2 cache VS. 2.6 GHz DUAL core? 2 gigs of DDR2 ram??? L2 cache of 2 Megs per CORE?? ATI 7000 vs. nVidia 9600??!?!?!!

At 4 seconds, AOS is THE SUPERIOR OS.

If the G4 ran at 2.4 GHz and had probably even DDR1 ram, it could start in 1.3 seconds AT LEAST.)

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

I believe that they are currently working on v2.5 before going onto v3.

Also I gather that v2.5 will have an OS4 native version too which should sort out the occasional instabilty with OB on OS4.

Bill.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

I believe that they are currently working on v2.5 before going onto v3.

Also I gather that v2.5 will have an OS4 native version too which should sort out the occasional instabilty with OB on OS4.

Bill.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BillE

Where did you find that info?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ikir

Its not that fast for my sam?

Wonder what you did to get your sam running and loading OWB that fast?

Also, I find using it to browse the net is a tad slowish?

But I have also heard that 3.7 has bugs, and that this may be a reason for my little delemas?

Cheers

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gebrochen

Quote:

Gebrochen wrote:
@ikir

Its not that fast for my sam?

Wonder what you did to get your sam running and loading OWB that fast?

Also, I find using it to browse the net is a tad slowish?

But I have also heard that 3.7 has bugs, and that this may be a reason for my little delemas?

Cheers

OWB loads quickly on my SAM too, perhaps you need a faster HD Gebrochen or your settings could be optimised.

Browsing is fine also, perhaps your net connection isn't the greatest? revise your roadshow settings and/or modem/router settings/firmware.

Anyway, I really don't understand why you and a few others like you need to keep pushing this bloody vantage point every chance you get, this insufferable ideal to coat the world in negative reinforcement flying the flag of realism at all costs; even if truely it is governed by individual perception.

I don't expect much from my SAM and it delivers to me everything I want... I suggest you start appreciating the SAM and OS4.1 for what it can do or simply just ditch it and be done with it!

I don't know where the old Spirit of the Amiga Community has gone but sadly it has just gone.

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Caveman

The IBrowse mailing list.

ibrowse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Yes I still have a soft spot for IBrowse as it was the first graphical Amiga Browser I used.

I still use it quite often although I'm using OWB more for general web browsing. On PC's etc I use Firefox exclusively.

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Any new news on this?
Even if IB will never have full CSS support etc. I would still very much like to see a bug fix update of it to get rid of all these annoying crashes, especially around the javascript.

I believe they said ages ago that they fixed the "startup bug" and other JS bugs so why haven't they released these bug fixes? What's the problem really? I mean it needs a keyfile anyway to, so no problem with releasing "public full versions" or anything...

OWB crashes too sometimes but it can atleast be restarted. IBrowse is a MUI "exclusive" application which sucks when it crashes, thanks to the commodity that can't be removed with any tool

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Atheist

How can AWeb take 4 seconds to start for you??

OWB takes 3 seconds on my XE.
IB takes 0.5 seconds
AWeb takes about 1 second.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Deniil

It would be about time for a v2.5 release of IBrowse.
In December, it's been 3 years since the last release.
As far as I can gather, I believe Oliver Roberts is hacking away on IBrowse and fixing/adding things.

I hope the new version includes configurability
hand pointer etc. Much like the Open Amiga pointer
package.

There is an IBrowse newslist on Yahoo Groups, where
you can see the occasional snippet about the development
of IBrowse.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ibrowse/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Deniil

The startup bug has never been fixed, as its never been reproduced by us - what appears to have fixed it, is the port to PPC and the elimination of Petunia from the equation.

The problem is the distribution of 2.5, as there are still people that apparently want to buy it, so when the update is released, we will be back to square one again.

I am not sure whats happening, but we have had some discussions recently about things, and I expect there will be some news in the not to distant future.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Vader

I'm suspecting that IBrowse will be no more what it has been...

My guess ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Vader

I do hope you continue developing ib. I like it,even though i'm using owb. But I will buy it if you continue to develop it. And i think even more people will do the same.

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »