Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Epistula, any news ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Is there any news on Epistula? It's been very quiet around that project recently, I'm really looking forward to a new version with a usable MSN plugin :)

Go to top
Re: Epistula, any news ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've been extremely busy with my real job lately and I've just lost any motivation to continue programming when I get back home so progress has been slow.

I have however finished emoticon support, and added the ability to use 32bit PNG icons for the GUI elements with a new MCC I've written, which in turn has allowed me to use AISS from Mason.

Automatic 'Away' support is being added currently, along with the various lists to show who's blocked, allowed, added you to their lists etc.

On the MSN plugin front, I've added some new features and have been busy fixing some broken code and completing MSN v11 support.

I'm afraid the next version won't be released until at least OS4 final is out, or an update 5, due to new features of the operating system I've integrated which aren't public yet.

Registered OS4 beta testers might get an update soon though, to at least get some testing done before a fulll public release.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slash

I'm an OS4 betatester, so I'm looking forward to stuff to test

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Glad you're still progressing with it Slash, even if only slowly. Keep up the good work, your efforts are very much appreciated and eagerly awaited!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
It sounds to me a good progress anyway.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Slash
good to hear your making progress looking forwards to next update

and welcome to amigans too

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ slash,

take your time...but not to much time though :)

keep up the good work with updating.

Defender of the faith - AMIGA computers, except no substitute!!!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Wow!! and that in your spare time and without motivation.I do not imagine what you could do in full time and motivated 100% keep the good work!!!

"A man is only as old as the womans he feels"
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Agreed.

Hey Fransexy. Good to see that Avatar of yours again.

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This would be a nice app also for AOS3.x owners.

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DJBase

Sorry, not going to happen I'm afraid

The plugins may compile for 3.x but the main Epistula application certainly will not.

I could help someone build a 3.x application to communicate with the plugins though if that would prove useful. That way someone could build a nice 3.x messenger in ReAction or through the console?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DJBase

Maybe you can update Jabberwocky

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DJBase

We need the OS3.x owner to upgrade some how; Hyperion and Amiga Inc need to find a way?
Back porting should not be necessary in an ideal world.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Nice idea but I think it is more easier to made a new app instead of hacking the modules into an Jabberwocky.

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Yes, sure but I don't think people will upgrade just because of an IM app. On the other side there are people who won't upgrade to anything and stay classic, there are UAE users too. Is Epistula still shareware? If so he could also make some extra bucks (the PPC-Community is still the minority). Think about it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I tried Epistula several times but I have to say what I need is a better support as a MSN client. Epistula is already great !

I hope users will go to PPC because there are not only Epistula but many programs that only exist on PPC or are much more usable. And this will continue. Each time a great program is available for PPC, 68k users ask for a 68k version. I won't be possible until the end of time ...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@corto

Well, at the moment nobody can switch to PPC because OS4 is only available for A1s. If they can not get the software for 68k they switch to Linux, Windows, MacOS or whatever and are lost forever.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DJBase

Quote:
If they can not get the software for 68k they switch to Linux, Windows, MacOS or whatever and are lost forever.

The problem is that most have already switched to Windows, MacOSX, Linux, BeOS, there might even be less Classic AmigaOS users then AmigaOS4 users this days, that?s scary considering how few AmigaOne computers where sold, so if AmigaOS is to live it needs to stay on it own tow feats, every one need to get onboard or the platform is dead in few years time, that?s how I see it.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DJBase

So the development of Jabberwocky is stopped ? :-/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Well, there wasn't much developing for the last 12 months.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »