Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Lightwave
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello,

A friend talk to me that the newteck make a lightwave for free for amiga classic users a some years a go.

it is true ?

and if yes, do you know were to get this ? I look in the newteck site and no more amiga informations in the site.

Tkz.

Ice2642
www.gsv8.com
Go to top
Re: Lightwave
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ice2642

Are you sure he doesn't meant TVPaint?

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@cha05e90

not surre.

maybe I am mistaked, or he talk me misteked.

Tkz.

Ice2642
www.gsv8.com
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ice2642

As nobody said the obvious, I will:
there are no free version of Lightwave for Amiga platforms.

(yes TVpaint is free)

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Elwood

o yes but...
Why dont release it???
Someone will still buy LightWave for Amga???

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Tuxedo

I would buy lightwave for current Amiga hardware.

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm sure I've got a few versions of LW. Never used it and can't sell it on either, it's a curse Amiga, I tell ya... heh

I know I have version 4.x on CDRom etc but wasn't the last latest up to version 5?

I just want full blown PPC Imagine, you can have Lightware, Imagine is fun to use!
\

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I do not know wy this companies that now are just making things for PC not make free the last amiga version of their programs.

Newteck for example won very much money from the amiga cominity. I believe it not will make difference for this company make free the lightwave.

some others companys the same.

I am plan to make free a game for you amiga users, if acube and hyperion want to join to this, the game, sorry not english site version www.gsv8.com

Best regards.

ice

Ice2642
www.gsv8.com
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gebrochen

Quote:

Gebrochen wrote:
@Tuxedo

I would buy lightwave for current Amiga hardware.

I mean the 68k Lightwave version that was really outdated and, I think, out of commerce from many years now...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
i think a current lightwave version for amiga is pretty much out of question. i have lightwave9 for pc and if i recall right it costs around 900eur. i dont think anyone sane would buy amiga software for this price currently even if it was available. especially if available hardware is able to assure only a tiny fraction of rendering speed known from x86. besides two parties here in forum are already working on blender. i dont know much about this soft but judging from the screenshots it looks like adequate succesor.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@wawa

ho yes but...
Blender was under "porting" from about 2 years...I wonder when i will be released(i think the current OpenGL implmentation wasnt so fast/good to support it in adequate manner...)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Tuxedo:
probably you refer to hyperion here, but i believe these people are just totally overworked. ;)
broadblues however seems to be very active on his project.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well, after having used Blender on the PC, I can say that it's definitely not a replacement for Lightwave. It's really difficult to get it to do even simple things, I can't imagine doing serious projects with it. It has a very steep learning curve.

On the other hand, I'm sure Newtek would not make any considerable amount of money selling Lightwave for next-gen Amiga platforms. However I don't see why it would be so difficult for them to at least release the last 68k Amiga version for free if there is some interest in it still. People can't buy it anymore, so unless you already bought it ages ago, the only thing one could do if they wanted to use Lightwaven on a current-gen Amiga is to get a pirated copy from somewhere.

Perhaps a petition could be made, with people signing it, and then an email be sent to NewTek, asking them to release the last Amiga version of Lightwave for free.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

COBRA wrote:
....Perhaps a petition could be made, with people signing it, and then an email be sent to NewTek, asking them to release the last Amiga version of Lightwave for free.

..sounds good but i have V3.5 (stand alone without the toaster) and it needs a dongle to run..that might be an issue for Newtek?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:

Well, after having used Blender on the PC, I can say that it's definitely not a replacement for Lightwave. It's really difficult to get it to do even simple things, I can't imagine doing serious projects with it. It has a very steep learning curve.

I've never used Lightwave so can't compare with that, but I found blender tricky compared with Imagine for a while. But once used to it, I've got a few quite complex projects underway, including a complex animation of a cartoon character playing guitar, currently I've spent so much time trying to get it working under OS4 that my projects have been largely aborted, but I have blender in a workable state now, can't release yet due dependencies on pending fixes in minigl etc. Given that it's free you'll not see anything better for while I think....

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello

I have Lightwave 3D 5.0 for Amiga, bought to NewTek USA directly, with dongle in the parallel port, and he works very well in my Amiga 1200, but I cannot prove it in my Sam440ep, because the Sam doesn't have parallel port to plug the dongle.
Does somebody know if exists a PCI card with parallel ports that it can be plugged in the slot PCI of the Sam?

A greeting,
Lisardo.

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fernecho

Quote:

Fernecho wrote:
Hello

I have Lightwave 3D 5.0 for Amiga, bought to NewTek USA directly, with dongle in the parallel port, and he works very well in my Amiga 1200, but I cannot prove it in my Sam440ep, because the Sam doesn't have parallel port to plug the dongle.
Does somebody know if exists a PCI card with parallel ports that it can be plugged in the slot PCI of the Sam?

A greeting,
Lisardo.

i'd like to know that too !

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@328gts

You can use a PCI card with the same chip that controls the parallel port on the A1 and Pegasos. Now what chip do they use? Anyone?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Elwood

And, just as pertinent, would that software be able to read an A1's parallel port in the same way? I mean, it's quite possible that old versions of Lightwave simply PEEKed and POKEd the standard Amiga parallel port in order to access the dongle. God knows I've accessed my own hardware that way! Anyway, if that's how it worked, it probably won't work on a next-gen Amiga, regardless of parallel port chip...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ice2642

Perhaps there is some confusion with the open video toaster project where the code for all the Amiga video toaster utilities were released for free. You can see the list of included utils here.... http://www.openvideotoaster.org/

You still have to buy Lightwave however. They don't list Amiga specific Items on the site any more, but if you call them you can still buy some Amiga products. About 8 months ago I bought a copy of VT4.5 CD and a ribbon cable needed for interfacing the toaster and flyer cards. You need to ask to be certain, but I think Lightwave is included on the VT4.5 CD (~$25US plus shipping). You have to have a toaster card installed as a "dongle" for it to work though.

Don't be suprised if you have to go through more than one rep on the phone to get the right info. Amiga toasters are probably older than some of the folks answering the phones at newtek these days. And the Amiga toaster is refered to as "generation 1" or "gen 1" cards with some of the folks you may talk to.

Plaz

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »