Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »
Report your 'AmigaOS 4.0 Final' bugs here!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Problem: The swedish locale is still broken, Right Amiga tpgether with . does not clean up icons.

Solution: I guess you could edit the locale yourself. But it should get fixed.

Problem: Moving windows is slower.

Solution: None, Use 16bit screens if it really bugs you.

Problem: PPaint opens a requester saying 'Attention: Memory Save Mode'

Solution: Edit your Startup-Sequence, the setpatch line should look like this: C:SetPatch ADDCHIPRAM 2 QUIET

Problem: Working with PPaint in low resolutions (320x240/320x256) and few colors (anything less than 256) doesn't work, as the BG color is always set wrong.

Solution: None, Cloanto has been contacted though, and work is being done to PPaint!

Problem: When working with low resolutions in PPaint and zoom mode, the pixel you are drawing with moves around a little depending on where you point at the screen, it's not in the center of the marker as it should be.
Solution: It's a little bit better if you set mouse speed to 1:1, but the active area of the pointer is still offseted to the right.

Solution: None

Problem: When you hit the left side of the screen in PPaint with your mouse pointer, trash gets drawn on the screen.

Problem: No network using adsl modem (same was with upd4).
[2006-12-24 18:49:20] ERROR: Could not broadcast PPPoE active discovery initiation packet (Inappropriate state, Transmission failed - too many retries
[2006-12-24 18:49:22] Connection attempt failed
[2006-12-24 18:49:22] (Resource allocation failure, Transmission failed - too many retries)

copying over devs/internet and devs/netinterfaces drawers did not help, copying all 3 devices from upd3 did not help (that did the trick on upd4)

Solution: Install a router, or check the following;
Is your A1 directly connected to an ADSL "modem" or to an ADSL router with integrated "modem"?

In any case this smells like being just an MTU/MSS related problem. If you can, get the correct default MTU and/or MSS Settings from your provider and set your settings accordingly.

For Ethernet connections (i.e. your A1 is behind a router with local IP address) the MTU should be 1500 and the MSS 1460.

But for direct connections through an ADSL "modem" this values might be different. E.g. for British Telecom the recommended MTU is somewhat around 1458, but 1430 has been proven to be the better value. The MSS should always be MTU - 40 bytes. E.g. if your MTU is 1500, MSS should be 1460.. if MTU = 1430, MSS should be 1390.

The MTU is controlled in your interface file in Devs:NetWorks. Open it with an texteditor and add a line like:

mtu=1492

The mss is controlled by the tcp.mssdflt setting of roadshow, you can either change it during network runtime with RoadshowControl or via an env variable, e.g. create the file ENVARC:Roadshow/tcp/mssdflt with the MSS as content (e.g. 1460, if 1500 is your MTU) and restart the network or reboot.

Problem: Final writer Gurus, nothing seems to help.

Solution: It doesn't work with newmem, try with these patches; http://stephan-rupprecht.de/downloads/hacks.lha

Problem: SGrab complains; Not Enough Memory

Solution: Download the updated SGrab from OS4 depot.

Problem: Snoopdos won't snoop.

Solution: Wait for an updated Snoopdos, try Snoopy in the meantime.

Problem: The video is changing to black in DVPlayer when dragging the screen. Maybe an overlay issue?

Solution: None, this depends on your graphics card, try contacting ATI and get them to release the needed docs...

Problem: AmiPDF still hurts if zooming too much. (out of memory error)

Problem: BarsnPipes doesn't work for me anymore.

Solution: None, wait for an update?

Problem: Not a bug, but the file requesters in ibrowse have black background, can that be changed? it looks so 1986 dos when they are black.

Solution: None, All ASL SAVE requesters have a black background as default it's not just IBrowse, Several of the beta testers have tried to get this changed but the developer doesn't want to change it. :(

Problem: The checkmark image in the default mui theme seems to be missing?

Solution: Chose one from another set for now.

Problem: Shell crashes

Solution: You most likely have installed AOS4 from a corrupted CD.

Problem: Please look on the Preview button at sys:Mui/Mui!
It displays a 5 plane screengrab but the colors are broken.

Solution: If you tweak the workbench so that the mui (magicwb) colors are right and then open another screen where the mui-colors are not right then go to screens in prefs and add the new screen then set everything to "like workbench" and "always".
Hmm, seems that those 5bit screens are white, so i have set
the MultiView screen to use 32bit and "always" in prefs/screens
and now it displays the colors right.

Problem: Gradients on buttons in mui doesn't work when vertical is chosen.

Problem: I have set destination to ram: in the unarc icon, but when i double click any archive it doesn't fetch the tooltype. however when i double click the unarc icon it fetches the tooltype.

Solution: Edit the tooltypes of the def_icons. Change them to include the full path to unarc.

Problem: It seems that "ClickToFront" commodity doesnt work still. It ignores "NUMOFCLICKS or similar tooltype (not at my A1 atm.) I have set it to 3 but it brings up on second click..

Solution: Use NUMCLICKS

Problem: Mui screens, I'm unable to create a MUI custom screen with WB colors and GUI.
I want to run IB on it's own screen but when i open that up, it just look absolutely terrifying. What happended to it?

Solution: Try clicking Flags/system default in the mui screens edit window (untested).
Use MUI or RGB colours NOT Colormap as they depend on a palette which changes between screens or you can just use images instead of boring colours.

Further info on screens:

On AmigaOS4 you can use Prefs/Screens instead to create public screens, for example for IBrowse:
- Start Prefs/Screens
- "Add" a new screen
- Change the Name and Title to "IBrowse"
- Make sure "Open/Close automatically" is enabled
- Change "Apply" for the "Screen Mode" and "Font" to "Never" (or select the screen mode and font you want to use if you want something different to what you use on the Workbench)
- In the "GUI" tab change "Settings" to "Like Workbench" ("Use GUI pens" = "As default", "Ignore application's GUI attrs" disabled)
- In the "Palette" tab change "Settings" to "Like Workbench" ("Use defined colours" = "As default", "Don't lock defined colors" disabled)
- "Save" the settings.
- Start IBrowse, use menu Settings/Screenmode... (or something similar, I don't know how it's called in the english catalog), enable "foreign public screen named", enter "IBrowse" in the string gadget and use "Save".
- Iconify and deiconify the IBrowse window (or quit and restart IBrowse) and you should get a usable screen which looks exactely like your Workbench screen.

It should be possible to get the screens MUI creates itself working correctly as well with Prefs/Screens, by starting it when they are open, using "Insert open screen..." and fix their settings, or even by changing the "<<Default>>" settings (but since that changes all screens it could break other software), but I didn't try that yet.

Problem: GLQuake and XMoto are very slow under OS4 final. Both seem to get gradually slower until finally locking up completely. Anyone else have similar problems?

Problem: my USB flash-card reader is no more recognized. I enabled it in UBOOT, where it gets recognized (it flashes and stays on), but when the Kickstart is loaded, it goes to sleep, all lights off, and I can no more access it.
USB inspector doesn't know it is attached. And yes, I tryed to give the commands ubsctrl start and restart, with no results at all.

Solution: None, Supply more details, make, model, internal, external, how it's connected, SE / XE / ? etc.

Problem: I installed os4 on a new drive and kept the old drive as slave. This means that I have two dh0: dh1: etc. The dh0: from the old drive is called dh0.1:

However if I open a file in notepad it does not matter which one of the partitions I select (dh0: or dh0.1:), it always ends up on the first drive named "System:".

Solution: I assume both your partitions are named System? If so rename one of them to OldSystem or similar and you will avoid these kinds of problems.
Also go into MediaToolBox and edit the device names. the dh0.x is applied to drives in the order they're found so they 'could' change and cause problems.

Problem: With OS4 final when I use normal make (instead of gmake) to compile using gcc (like f.e. with my svg.datatype) I always get requesters asking for "/usr/local/bin:".

Never had this problem with update #4. If I cancel them it compiles OK. Very annoying though...

Solution: It's a bug in GCC trying to parse $PATH which didn't cause problems on Update4 since getenv() wasn't implemented yet (it always returned NULL). To get rid of the requesters I used "setenv save GCC_EXEC_PREFIX GCC:lib/gcc/" (the path is very likely wrong, I didn't check what the correct $GCC_EXEC_PREFIX would be for the AmigaOS4 native gcc, but this path works for me for getting rid of the requesters without causing other problems).

Problem: Whenever my A1 crashes, and I soft/hard reboot, my USB mac keyboard is dead. I have to unplug it for a while, hard reboot and then it works again.

Problem: Playing some WAV files freezes the hole system after a grim.
Maybe it's only on my system. If someone wants to try it out,
here's a link to a file which is played correctly on Win but
can't stand out OS4 wav datatype:
http://newmail.monsterserve.com/keepout/movies/marv_dep.wav

Solution: Install wave.datatype from OS4Depot. Unless the wav.datatype has improved a lot from update #4 then my wave.datatype is still better. If you have problems with my wave.datatype then contact me and I will try to fix them.
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... atatype/sound/wave_dt.lzx

Edited by spotUP on 2006/12/25 21:48:29
Edited by spotUP on 2006/12/27 19:05:56
Edited by spotUP on 2006/12/27 19:11:44
Edited by spotUP on 2007/1/17 18:25:40
Edited by spotUP on 2007/1/30 11:33:47
Go to top
Re: Report your 'AmigaOS 4.0 Final' bugs here!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
no network using adsl modem (same was with upd4).

the report log tells the following :

[2006-12-24 18:49:20] ERROR: Could not broadcast PPPoE active discovery initiation packet (Inappropriate state, Transmission failed - too many retrie
[2006-12-24 18:49:22] Connection attempt failed
[2006-12-24 18:49:22] (Resource allocation failure, Transmission failed - too many retries)

copying over devs/internet and devs/netinterfaces drawers did not help, copying all 3 devices from upd3 did not help (that did the trick on upd4)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Still tweaking but here goes:

1. AmigaAmp freezes the system at exit (will try a re-install

2. Final writer Gurus, nothing seems to help.

3. SnoopDos won't snoop (doesn't work).

4. Pagestream 4 won't load (library related, I expect to solve this today).

5. Digita Organiser doesn't load.

All in all just minor irritations, some which I expect will get sorted. On the plus side the system is fast and stable put that together with MPlayer, DvPlayer and Ibrowse 2.4 and this OS is going places.

ace

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@acefnq

1. AmigaAMP works fine here (no reinstall)
2. FinalWriter seems to Gurus indeed... Wordworth 5 start, complain about being unable to open some files, then close...
I will investigate further tomorrow...

6. SGrab complain about "Not Enough Memory"...

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I think we need a 3cag usergroup meeting with JurassicC and Rigo in attendance !!

hehe.

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
AmiGame:
did you try the new sgrab on os4depot?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

spotUP wrote:
The swedish locale is still broken, RAmiga+. does not clean up icons.

Moving windows is slower.

PPaint opens a requester saying 'Attention: Memory Save Mode'

Working with PPaint in low resolutions (320x240/320x256) and few colors (anything less than 256) doesn't work, as the BG color is always set wrong, it's purple when it should be black.

When working with low resolutions in PPaint and zoom mode, the pixel you are drawing with moves around a little depending on where you point at the screen, it's not in the center of the marker as it should be.

Moving windows: change to simple refresh or 16bit

ppaint: edit your startup-sequence and add 'ADDCHIPRAM=4' for 4mb of emulated chipram

ppaint2: iirc that's always been like that.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@spotUP

Sorted... (see other thread )

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

acefnq wrote:
Still tweaking but here goes:

1. AmigaAmp freezes the system at exit (will try a re-install

2. Final writer Gurus, nothing seems to help.

3. SnoopDos won't snoop (doesn't work).

4. Pagestream 4 won't load (library related, I expect to solve this today).

5. Digita Organiser doesn't load.

All in all just minor irritations, some which I expect will get sorted. On the plus side the system is fast and stable put that together with MPlayer, DvPlayer and Ibrowse 2.4 and this OS is going places.

ace

1. no idea.
2. finalwriter does not work with newmem, seems digita relied on an 'undocumented feature'
3. correct, iirc a new version is being worked on.
4. works fine here.
5. again works fine here, probably libs or fonts causing that.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
For Sgrab, download lastest version on OS4Depot.

Download TuneNet instead of AmigaAmp

@Lio
Are you sure you're using right parameters for your ADSL connection?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin and others

1. AmigaAmp works fine but just freezes the system upon exit. I'll leave that to last.

2. Finalwriter, thanks I have given up.

3. SnoopDos, great news that is one useful program.

4. Organiser - Correct that was the problem, all fixed and running.

I also had a few glitches with FXpaint, FXScan and VHI Studio, all fixed now. (Libs, Fonts and a couple of other files)

cheers
ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
- The video is changing to black in DVPlayer when dragging the screen.
Maybe an overlay issue?

- AmiPDF still hurts if zooming too much. (out of memory error)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Not necessarily an OS4 bug, but BarsnPipes doesn't work for me anymore.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Aaaah!... Thanx! PPaint works as it should now!
Thanx a LOT!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Not a bug, but the file requesters in ibrowse have black background, can that be changed? it looks so 1986 dos when they are black.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
the checkmark image in the default mui theme seems to be missing?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
MUI is ok here, but i use the fallback GUI with the
MagicWB-colors and the colors in GUI for halfshine
and halfshadow set to lightgrey and darkgrey.

Resized Image

A1G3-SE + OS4.1 u1 iso (x2)
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ SpotUP

Quote:

Not a bug, but the file requesters in ibrowse have black background, can that be changed? it looks so 1986 dos when they are black.

I think you'll find that they are SAVE requesters, and the black background is an ASL feature to distinguish the difference between load and save.

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ IKIR :

yes I am using the right parameters !

I tried creating new and by copying from my upd4 backup

I tried my router too and here it is a different pb : I can ping any site (IP and name), the route is displaying, I can adjust the time through pool.sntp.org BUT I cant surf the net with internet browsers ! It was the same under upd4 BTW ... My A1 is online but there is something that prevents me from browsing (and I am using the default settings)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Starting the Shell shows the GR, after clean install on a formated partition. The shell though works ok. Even booting from the OS4-Intall-CD shows the same GR.

The first GR-lines:

Crash log for task ""
Generated by GrimReaper 52.1
Crash occured in module CLI at address 0x7FBC0500
Type of crash: program exception

Register dump:
GPR (General Purpose Registers):
0: 7FBC04F0 6D3ECF50 EFEFDEE3 00000012 0144249C 0000002C 00003000 01B93370
8: 00000000 00000011 00000024 0121B9BC 51FEAF02 D3C3F96E 6D462247 6C737D80
16: 00000000 00000000 6D41A110 1B1CDFC4 6D59EE75 48442F22 00000001 012160E8
24: 6CC3D2C2 7FF8EAB0 69F1C0D4 012FB5D0 5D36012A 48444F48 00000000 01A927D0

FPR (Floating Point Registers, NaN = Not a Number):
0: NaN 2.2 0.45455 1.35004e-08
4: 4.01381e-05 -7.45058e-08 0.00826446 0.584962
8: -9.91957e-08 0.24686 100 0
12: NaN 1e-05 NaN NaN
16: NaN NaN NaN NaN
20: NaN NaN -7.84796e+298 NaN
24: NaN NaN NaN NaN
28: -1.40445e+306 NaN NaN NaN

FPSCR (Floating Point Status and Control Register): 0x82068000

SPRs (Special Purpose Registers):
Machine State (msr) : 0x0008D030
Condition (cr) : 0x48444F24
Instruction Pointer (ip) : 0x7FBC0500
Xtended Exception (xer) : 0x6000EE6A
Count (ctr) : 0x7FBC04F0
Link (lr) : 0x7FBC04F0
DSI Status (dsisr) : 0x40000000
Data Address (dar) : 0x00000004

680x0 emulated registers:
DATA: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
ADDR: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
FPU0: 0 0 0 0
FPU4: 0 0 0 0

Symbol info:
Instruction pointer 0x7FBC0500 belongs to module "CLI" (PowerPC)
Symbol: _start + 0x4E0 in section 1 offset 0x000004E0

Stack trace:
_start()+0x4E0 (section 1 @ 0x4e0)
native kernel module dos.library.kmod+0x0001dfdc

PPC disassembly:
7fbc04f8: 7f827014 addc r28,r2,r14
7fbc04fc: 7c0903a6 mtctr r0
*7fbc0500: 4e800469 .word 0x4E800469
7fbc0504: 7c0903a6 mtctr r0
7fbc0508: 4e800421 bctrl

System information:

CPU