Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: anybody excited about the possibilties of sam
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yep!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Very excited. I really hope to run AmigaOS 4 someday. I just need to find an affordable solution. I really hope this is it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A little update from m3x:

Posted on 31-Oct-2006 8:58:08 at AW:
Quote:
Target price for the 667 Mhz, 256Mb ram including OS4 is Euro 450 + local taxes.

Posted on 31-Oct-2006 9:41:00 at AW:
Quote:
The target price is for the "end-consumer" version.

About the "developer-version" we're planning to release a number of free boards to interested developers.
More info on how to apply for a free board will be released in the next weeks.

Sam440EP is more a plattform then a single motherboard, it will be available in various versions.

Right now it's possible to choose:

- 3 different cpu frequency (more when AMCC will release higher frequency models),
- 2 gfx chips (M6 and M9),
- 2 ram configurations (256Mb and 512Mb),
- 4 different sized FPGAs,
- various optional peripherials (CCTalk, Disk On Chip, etc...)

More, it's possible to license a sub set of Sam440EP, for example, a customer doesn't need gfx and sound, we can design a smaller, and thus a cheaper motherboard.

Posted on 31-Oct-2006 10:10:50 at AW:
Quote:
The price for such a system without OS4 is max Euro 350, at the actual estimated production volume, Euro/USD exchange rate, and DDR ram price.

Linux and Amiga market are different, there are different needs, and therefore they need different configurations.

Posted on 13-Dec-2006 10:53:59 at AW:
Quote:
Dev boards will be available in the following configurations:

- 400 Mhz, M6, 256 Mb
- 533 Mhz, M9, 256 Mb
- 667 Mhz, M9, 512 Mb

Thanks Max Tretene and sorry for the crossposting but as it
seems that you guys are very busy this is meant to help you a bit.

Thanks, Dirk.

Edited by Dirk-B on 2006/12/14 3:33:23
A1G3-SE + OS4.1 u1 iso (x2)
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Dirk-B
Great summary of various postings there. Thanks!

We should all keep in mind everything is subject to change without notice so please don't hold these postings against the guys if things end up changing in the end.

I'm looking forward to helping get OS4 going on one or all of these various boards any way I am able.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Think i'll have a try at the sam,any thats faster than my A1SE 600Mhz G3. The price for me is not that important as i'm old( ) and i know that hobies are expensive.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
A peculiar question that could get me kicked out of here, BUT, could the FPGA emulate an 8086, 8088, 80286, or 80386????

80486?

This would make for some very interesting possibilities.

Even some others, like the Palm, or some of the pocket pc handhelds could be emulated, perhaps?

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

anybody excited about the possibilties of sam

Well for me who really wants AmigaOS on mainstream hardware (yes x86) for the very simple fact that I really believe it is very likely to bring back more old Amigans that have left over the years. I have several friends that all use to be Amigans with me in school, but could not realistically afford a complete 2nd system just to run Amiga for fun. Myself included unfortunately.

But... that aside... SAM does REALLY excite me. I have to admit it would be fun to have a 'special' system that only runs my AmigaOS again. If I can afford it, I would LOVE to by something like this. I really want to run AmigaOS4!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There is JavaVM in FGPA(JOP) - hows that for possibi-
lities? Totally hardware as well(see:opencores.org)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

Very excited, especially if it will provide an option for a potable/laptop Amiga running OS4.0.

I rellay like Amiga Forever/AmiKit but it's just not an Amiga when it's running under windows. Plus I can't get to play with OS4.0 on my travels with a Windows based laptop!

TrevorDick

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello, merry Christams and happy to meet you since this is my first post!

Well, I have done many thoughts about this subject for allready.

If it is true that a system with a 667 cpu, M9, 512 MB, HD, and AOS4.0 preinstalled (or just with the capability to be installed) touches the price of 450-550 euros is almost ok. The price isn't SO high as it isn't also SO cheap!

BUT, i don't know how will this system match up with a high spec A1. Because i don't wanna stay forever with a computer that will just make the work of serfing the internet and replying my mails. I would like in a couple of years to be able to play some (ANY) 3d game (e.g Gorky17) or work under a 3d app at last!

As far as conserde myself I will buy even if he price is higher because i do not own an A1. I don't know if i am gonna wait for panda to come out...

Sorry for my rusty English..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
We understood your english just fine.

Welcome to amigans.

I'm personally waiting for Panda so I hope it doens't take too long.

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, let me count the ways . . . SAM is very expandable for such small machine. But after it is released everyone, me especially will want OS4 to use multiple processors so I can have 2 667MHZ cpu's . .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@SoulAssassin

absolutely, any new hardware for us Amigans to sink our money into is welcome as long as it will run OS4 and beyond.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@SoulAssassin

yes, I'm definately waiting to get one.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@wolfe

Quote:

wolfe wrote:
Well, let me count the ways . . . SAM is very expandable for such small machine.

Jens Shoenfeld said that a buster chip could be implemented on the FPGA, allowing for thord party Zorrow slots to be added. I wonder if a video slot could be implemented to allow the use of a Video Toaster.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I already have an A1-XE G4 and I wont buy into something with lower specs unless it's something portable!
I want an Amiga laptop so badly..

Personally I would prefer OS4 on the PS3, cheap and more available hardware (in March).

But for Amiga classic users, developers and embedded use the SAM seems to be a great board.

I hope this new board will get more developers on board but whether it will be enough to experience a boost in available applications is to be seen.

If the situation between Amiga inc and Hyperion betters and ownership becomes clear I hope to see companies pick up both SAM and OS4 for embedded use.
If OS4 will be used for embedded stuff it will give some money for further development and might even help 3rd party developers and developments might even be useful for desktop users.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@wolfe

Quote:

wolfe wrote:
Well, let me count the ways . . . SAM is very expandable for such small machine.

Jens Shoenfeld said that a buster chip could be implemented on the FPGA, allowing for thord party Zorrow slots to be added. I wonder if a video slot could be implemented to allow the use of a Video Toaster.

I smell a tower design in the mist . . .

That would be

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)