Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: Codebench: Problems with 0.8 beta
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

This is already supported from Prefs/Input, although currently richeditor.gadget is hardcoded at one line, due to the user feedback being "nasty" when scrolling multiple lines at time.

You can use the SHIFT qualifier to scroll a page at a time, or the CTRL qualifier to go TOP or BOTTOM, just like the listbrowser gadget.

Simon

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

In an ideal world, the hintinfo would change as you roll the mousepointer over each tab, but that is currently not supported.

Once the tabs have shrunk to that extent, your option is then to use the project list. Each open file has a white background making it easy to see whch ones are open. Double click the one you want to make it current.

Simon

Go to top
Re: Problems with 0.8 beta
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

The installer fails if you try to install in a dir that already has a CodeBench dir.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Valiant

Erm, yes, I dare say it does. DOS cannot handle a file and a directory with the same name in the same path...

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

So you'd think it would give you the option of overwriting or choosing a new dir instead of simply giving up...

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Started a new project and added a .c-file in sources.
I then added the makefile as Other files (is there another way for easy editing the makefile?).

I copied some text from another makefile with Notepad (RAmiga+c) and tried to paste it (RAmiga+v) in the makefile opened with CodeBench. It then froze the entire system.

Anyway, it looks really good! Looking forward to upcoming versions! I will try it out more another day!

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@pjs

Quote:

pjs wrote:
Wouldn't that make each/every program run from the Shell
consume half a meg of RAM - whether it needed it or not?

In my shell startup I have a message echoing; Your stack is set at 1000000

ie

echo " "
echo " Your stack is set at 1000000"
echo " "

If this isn't a reminder that you could change it you could always add

echo "do you NEED 1000000 for this task?"

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Menthos

Yes, you don't need to add the makefile to the project. If you look in the Project menu, in the Build item is a sub-item: "Edit BuildScript". This will load the makefile into the editor for you.

This is all covered in the relevant sections of the documentation (which took me a long time to create, so you'd all better read it, or else!) :)

If you can reliably reproduce the DSI, I'd love to hear more about it.

Simon

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Valiant

When I tried to do this (only because I wanted to try and redo the browser prefs) It told me codebench already existed and reccommended I remove it first

The trouble I get in openurl is I can't open the preferences in prefs. It says something about unknown datatype. I tried to find out if openurl needed something but it doesn't appear too.

Is this an OS4.1 oddity?

and yes!

looks VERY NICE Rigo

where do we go to get the full deal?

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Valiant

In all honesty, what you are describing is not a problem with the installer. As for offering an alternative directory, I really don't see that spending time on the installer to workaround a minority problem is worthwhile. Wouldn't the time be better spent on the actual program itself?

My advice would be to install it into a directory where there are not likely to be any name clashes, just like you would with any other software.

Simon

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Slayer

The full product is still undergoing finalising, and as yet is not available.

Details will be released regarding the full commercial version when the time is right.

Simon

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Rigo

@Valiant
In all honesty, what you are describing is not a problem with the installer...
@Rigo
> The installer fails if you try to install in a dir that already has a CodeBench dir.
@Valiant
> Erm, yes, I dare say it does. DOS cannot handle a file and a directory with the same name in the same path...
Simon

You once asked me why i bother with Python installs? Well, it's not about installing, but Updating. Python writes over the files of the same name and directory, if they exist; uses 'shutil'. You can have Python write a Update log after the update; much like linux uses 'sys.log' Some examples of files constantly being updated or rewritten would be AISS, Ranger, or AmiSoundED. I haven't gotten around to your program, but I might take a look how to Python might 'grip' this.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Snuffy

I wouldn't bother if I were you, updates will be handled by AmiUpdate, so the installer is just that, an installer.

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

I noticed a problem with copying text within an editor window, only when the 'show TAB and EOL markers' is set in prefs:
If I drag highlight some text over multiple lines (dragging downwards) and select copy, it works as expected.
If I drag highlight some text over multiple lines (dragging upwards) and select copy, the text is not copied to the clipboard.

Can anyone else confirm this?

regards,
Martin

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@marty

Hmmm, thanks for that, I shall check.

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Few bugs

1) Text selection is not recognised correctly and prevents cut, paste, indent etc. from working correctly. This occurs when the start of the selection is on a line after the end of the selection. i.e you select up not down.

2) The scrolling problem can be caused by using moving to end of document, start of document, end of line or start of line basically anything that will cause the new cursor position to be offscreen. The line numbers etc. are correct but the scroll positions aren't updated and so the visible text remains the same until you scroll or move back into the visible text. After every change in cursor position, there needs to be a check to make sure the cursor is still on screen and if not the scrollbars need to be adjusted so that the cursor is on screen.

3) Text replacement doesn't allow an empty string as the replacement text. This is a perfectly valid replacement to make i.e. remove all occurences of. The replace buttons should be enabled when the replace checkbox is clicked, not because there is some replacement text.

4) The syntax highlighting doesn't cater for tabs e.g. a tab within a block comment should not cause the following text to be rendered as normal text. This one is really odd because if you scroll left and right the text will change to green and black as you scroll. To reproduce open a new document, goto line 7, column 3. Add a tab and then the text fred. Save the document as test.c Note that fred is in black but should be in green as it is within the comment block. Now scroll using the scrollbar so that the tab marker disappears off screen. Fred is now in green as it should be. Scroll back to the left and it is in black again.

5) Lots of dead project files that cause CodeBench to crash if they are opened. Not sure what I did that caused the corruption but I suspect it is related to the compilation process. I can send you the files if you like.

6) There appears to be a problem with the window message handling. To reproduce open a project item in the edit window. Close the edit window. Click on the Build button. Now try to close the build window. You can't. If there are any clickable entries in the build log double them. Nothing happens. Now open the editor window again by opening a project item. Now click on the build window. Finally the build window reacts to all that clicking.

Hope this helps

Best of luck with CodeBench but I'll stick with my own IDE ;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Did a bit of work on richeditor.gadget this morning.

The cursor disappearing oddness is fixed.

The syntax highlighting bug you talk about simply doesn't happen here...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

I tried to copy some text in the editor window and paste it in another place in the same editor window and it also resulted in a total freeze (mouse stops, no keyboard input)... Swedish keyboard layout.

Don't know what else to report for this problem. Weird that I seems to be the only one with this trouble...

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Menthos

Well, without, at the very least, a crashlog, there's not much I can do to pinpoint this.

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xeron

Switch on the show tabs and EOL markers and you'll see that the syntax bug does exist.

Another bug in the syntax highlighting - it doesn't handle escapes correctly. Try "\\" and #define wibble \

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »