Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 84

MartinW, AmigaSociety, emeck, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

[SOLVED] AmiDVD problem...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi ALL!
I've masterized 2 DVDs with AmiDVD and have got a problem...
The DVDs wasnt readable from DVD-reader but only with DVD recorders...
And the second one was readable only weith recorder of my girl-friend...
On AmigaOS4.1 cant read it!!!!
It seems not,closed but still trying to close it it wont work...
Any idea?

Tnx in advance!

Bye!

Edited by Tuxedo on 2008/12/8 0:21:12
Go to top
Re: AmiDVD problem...
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tuxedo

Quote:
Hi ALL!
I've masterized 2 DVDs with AmiDVD and have got a problem...
The DVDs wasnt readable from DVD-reader but only with DVD recorders...
And the second one was readable only weith recorder of my girl-friend...
On AmigaOS4.1 cant read it!!!!
It seems not,closed but still trying to close it it wont work...
Any idea?
Which DVD type (DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD+R-DL) did you use and which drive are you using?

Especially with Pioneer drives and DVD+R[W] there are a lot of problems and the workarounds for Pioneer drives which are in AmiDVD already don't work for all Pioneer drives, but but DVD-R[W] should work even with Pioneer drives.

If closing the disc failed there should have been some error output from AmiDVD (in a console window, it doesn't have error requesters).

Make sure you use the correct media for your drive, unlike with CD-Rs where you can burn a 52x CD-R even with an ancient 1x burner your drive needs to support the speed of the media for DVD burning, for example you can't burn a 8x DVD-R with a DVD burner which only supports up to 4x DVD-Rs.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

Make sure you use the correct media for your drive, unlike with CD-Rs where you can burn a 52x CD-R even with an ancient 1x burner your drive needs to support the speed of the media for DVD burning, for example you can't burn a 8x DVD-R with a DVD burner which only supports up to 4x DVD-Rs.

Really?
Why?
I usually burn my DVDs with the slowest speed AmiDVD offers and never had problems.

Is that only true for DVD- or also for DVD+?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ZeroG

Quote:
Is that only true for DVD- or also for DVD+?
All types, incl. the RW ones, but for RW it was the case for CDs already: Ultra speed CD-RWs can't be used with CD burners which only support normal or high speed CD-RWs.
For most DVD burners there are firmware updates which enable using newer media. Of course a firmware update wont make it possible to burn 16x DVDs in 16x speed on a 4x burner, but it's required to be able to use them at all instead of just getting an "incompatible medium" error.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

mmm..
I've just bought a Philips SPD6005T with LightScribe support(ok on AmigaOS was useless unfotunately...) it support up to 22x dvd writing and I used a colour Verbatim 16x dvd...
All the 2 have the same error but the second especially wasnt readable on my dvd burner too but yes on dvd burner from my girl-fiend and its was reall weird for me why the buner that crates it have problem with it?
However FryingPan(demo as cant contact Thomas yet), give me some strange problem when trying to use close disk...
Any problem with philips burners too?

EDIT:

I also cant burn DVDs at at more than 1/2x... why? I selected 4x but it go only at 1x (sometime at 2x)...

EDIT2:

When AmiDVD encounter errors on filesystem it locks and dvd was unreadable... was possible to simply skip that errors so only the errored file will be written wrong?

Edited by Tuxedo on 2008/11/30 22:10:07
Edited by Tuxedo on 2008/11/30 22:18:17
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

AmiDVD works for me, but I have a problem with it. I have a TV series of avi files that I'm burning to DVDs, 65 files in one directory. If I open the directory, no files show to pick, I need to accept the whold directory to add the files to burn. This gives me a size count that won't fit on 1 DVD, so I need to delete all that won't fit, a real pain. They do burn & play ok after, but it would be nice to see the files in a directory & to pick & choose which ones to burn.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

After further investigations I discovered that:

1 - A DVD-R(verbatim as the others) recorded with FryingPan demo suffer of the same problem that the one recorde with AmiDVD(loaded only from burners)

2 - Looking on discs with NeroDiscSpeed I got the same no dvd reader reading it but only recorders....

3 - I tryed also with an old magnex DVD-RW 2x getting same problem...

4 - NeroDiscSpeed tell me that the cd recored that burned the CDs was a Philips SPD6005T for the Verbatim DVD-R and a Pioneer DVD-R DVR-106D for the DVD-RW...Why? The -RW and 2 of the -R was all recorded with AmiDVD...weird...

Any idea?

Tnx!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ALL

Hi there!
I've tryed changing the DVD burner with a HP burner (from my girlfriend) and get this on mastering startup:

SCSI command 54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 failed
sense: 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Than masterized at 3x (the previous with philips about 1,5x) so speed seems better than before but I've selected 6x...and I thinl 6c was really posssible with A1SE hw...(8115KB/s not seems so much to me...)...

The "only burner can view the cd" was still here...
And I cant copy more than one file at one othervise I got a system lock...and have to reset...

I dunno if some hw/os4 compatibility problem was here...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sundown

Quote:
I have a TV series of avi files that I'm burning to DVDs, 65 files in one directory. If I open the directory, no files show to pick, I need to accept the whold directory to add the files to burn. This gives me a size count that won't fit on 1 DVD, so I need to delete all that won't fit, a real pain. They do burn & play ok after, but it would be nice to see the files in a directory & to pick & choose which ones to burn.
I am not quite sure what you mean by "cannot open directory". I have just started AmiDVD and selected my media partition, and on the first tab "1. Create Image" all files & directories are shown, and the total size (also shown) is 6,261mb. I can do the following to select the files to burn:-
1. I can select directories in the right hand window and select remove.
2. If I select a directory in the left window the contents are shown in the right window, and again I can select & remove for any files I don't want.

OK, that is not the same way that MakeCD does it, but AmiDVD is not supposed to be a full blown burning app.
AmiDVD will resolve soft-links, so it is possible to create the image you want, with files you want, by using soft links. It requires a bit of work, but so does selecting the individual file/directories in makeCD.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

What I was trying to say is AmiDVD will only show drawers, but not the contents of a drawer in the file requester. I can delete the files that I don't want, but not drag/shift select any files that I do want to burn. If I have a drawer with 20gb of avi files, I can only add the whole directory & 20gb just won't fit on one dvd, so I have to delete all that won't fit. Be much easier if I could see the contents & drag select the files that will fit.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@Swoop

What I was trying to say is AmiDVD will only show drawers, but not the contents of a drawer in the file requester. I can delete the files that I don't want, but not drag/shift select any files that I do want to burn. If I have a drawer with 20gb of avi files, I can only add the whole directory & 20gb just won't fit on one dvd, so I have to delete all that won't fit. Be much easier if I could see the contents & drag select the files that will fit.

mind reading the doc ? it is clearly stated so it is not a bug, it is just lack of time...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tuxedo

Quote:
I've tryed changing the DVD burner with a HP burner (from my girlfriend) and get this on mastering startup:

Instead of returning success the command returned error with error code "no error" ...
I though I disabled the output for that already, but it seems I overlooked something.

Quote:
Than masterized at 3x (the previous with philips about 1,5x) so speed seems better than before but I've selected 6x...and I thinl 6c was really posssible with A1SE hw...(8115KB/s not seems so much to me...)...
It's twice that much, it has to read the data it burns from a HD first
But if you used an image file and the HD with it and DVD burner are on different IDE ports, and you enabled UDMA for both, faster speeds should be possible.

Quote:
The "only burner can view the cd" was still here...
Which drive exactly can't read the DVD?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

Which drive exactly can't read the DVD?

All the two burners but not the reader...

EDIT: the burner was connected to the Sil680 card with a normal 40 wires ide cable, was ok o better to get a 80 wires?

EDIT: these evening I got that error from AmiDVD output:

SCSI command 2a 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 20 00 failed
sense: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 0c 00 00 00 00 00

Any help?

Edited by Tuxedo on 2008/12/6 0:55:43
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Tuxedo

I've tryed DVDs that I burned and they works on my DVD/DIVX/MP3 player so all seems ok now...
Fianlly I can burn DVDs without problems...

SOLVED the problem of burning with slow speed and errors:

see that topic on AmigaWorld:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... =20&viewmode=flat&order=0

from post #29 an more...

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top

Register To Post