Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: [SAM] AmigaOS4.1 & DVPlayer
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Phantom

afxgroup is talking about the libdvd plugin, not DvPlayer.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Quote:
that's strange. because it doesn't happens to all people.. By the way, today i've compiled a working version of mplayer that correct that bug. hope also the plugin is not affected anymore by that bug.
By the way you have to wait some time because i want to release also a new version of mplayer.

That's really cool !

Please Andrea if possible can you take a look at the recent Fab's addition regarding a MorphOS GUI interface for MPlayer ?

You can find here:

http://fabportnawak.free.fr/mplayer/

This GUI is off course open source as the player itself, i'm quite sure that Fab can send you the proper source too

Edit
Just see that the GUI is MUI based, don't know maybe is it possible to revert it in Reaction ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Phantom
MPlayer works for me, but I do get mild video corruption (brief yellow strips) when playing any format.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79

sorry, i've already ask him for the sources vie email, but i've get no response..

I prefer to stop all here

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Mmmm it's very strange Andrea, when I ask him he seems very open and kindly, please send me a PM, I want to talk with you

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

ahum... The last email I received from you was in 19th july 2006, about integrating amigaos/morphos changes to mplayer svn (which I think isn't a good idea when they are intrusive). And since I have no spam filter at ISP level, I highly doubt I could have missed a mail if you really sent it.

Just for your information and to stop weird rumours you seem to spread, the sources are obviously available (at least on request, if they aren't uploaded to my website), since I usually avoid to violate licenses.
June version (no GUI in this one) was available at: http://fabportnawak.free.fr/mplayer-svn-20.06.2008-src.tar.gz
Current versions (including the one with GUI module) are available at: http://fabportnawak.free.fr/src/

That said, it would need more than a mere recompilation to make it compile or work: some MUI4 bits would have to be removed (for the GUI), and for MPlayer core/drivers, some MorphOS Blanker, Process, Dos64, Intuition, CgxVideo and CGX extensions are used, so it would require some adaptations there too (if possible).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Don't get that myself.
What version of mplayer are you using?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fab

sorry Fab. I've sent an email to you a week (or two) oago, since spotUp told me to contact you for join the projects.
I've send (and you should know) a lot of patches to mplayer mailing list.
Maybe we can send both all our patches to mplayer developers.
I think this could be a way to let people know that amiga is not dead as many people think..

by the way, the /src is a 404 here with my mac and Firefox. i'll take a look at other sources even if iirc i've just seen them in the past

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fab

ok, thank you. What do you think to prepare a small patches to send to mplayer dev?
configure file exists and is ready to be used with morphos/amigaos.
Actually my changes to main svn are few. I've also sent patches to libdvdcss developer to put dvd read also into that lib. but i'm wait for a response

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

While it can make sense to integrate a few changes, I generally prefer to avoid that, because it just gives more work to mplayer team to validate and "maintain" them (even if they can't really maintain anyway since they can't test this target). And in my case, I also have more important changes (cache2, dvdcss with cache support in mind, a few changes to make it easier to hook a gui) or new internal commands that only really apply for the morphos port. If I were responsible of the MPlayer project, I'm not sure I would accept intrusive changes.

And since I work on a svn local copy, It's really easy for me to merge changes, so IMO, it's not worth the trouble. But anyway, feel free to submit some changes if you wish. :)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fab

Check the mail..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife
I'm using MPlayer 1.0pre7.005, according to the version command, although the docs mention "pre8". The file size is 5,983,592 bytes.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

This is the latest version

http://www.amigasoft.net/downloads/MPlayer.lha.lzh

Will play FLV formats as well (Youtube)

Us this with Ibrowse and getvideo.

http://aminet.net/comm/www/getvideo.lha

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
hope i can release a new version soon.. i'm waiting for Cobra.. need an answer from him.. and then i'll release it (plus dvd plugin for DVPlayer)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Great work. Looking forward to this.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

So it is possible to add a GUI from Fab's works in a reasonable time ?
Maybe not for this release (very near as I understand from your words) but for the next ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Thread

Strange, I can no longer play commercial DVDs.
Could previously.
No idea what's changed.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:
hope i can release a new version soon.. i'm waiting for Cobra.. need an answer from him.. and then i'll release it (plus dvd plugin for DVPlayer)

have you had a reply yet!!

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Swoop

He is busy at moment (and me too..) hope we can release something soon..

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »