Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

[SAM] GLQuakeWOS Beta 10 and Amiga OS 4.1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Everyone :
I've installed new Joerg update for WarpOSEmu and now GLQuakeWOS start ...
But now it bugs:
- Only enemies, weapons are available, background/walls/ceils/sky are not here (only black)
- Available 3D objects appear in non textured mode (only colored to grey)
- double buffer isn't cleared so objects appear several times ...

it running on a SAM440EP ...

does someone have any clue ?

Go to top
Re: [SAM] GLQuakeWOS Beta 10 and Amiga OS 4.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@freddix

At the Moment there is a problem in the 3D drivers for sam, is a known problem and the Friedens are working on it

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre
Ok
Thank you for the information.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

That doesn't have anything to do with the SAM. There are general incompatibilities with WOS programs and Radeons. But plainly, for the few WOS programs around where there is no AmigaOS 4.x native version, I am not going to bother with these.

The problems on the SAM regarding Warp3D programs will manifest itself in false colors (greenish tint etc).

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@freddix

How much up to date is this QW client?
Can you join a "normal" QW server with it today?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@freddix

Why doesn't use you the OS4 version of GLQuake?
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... file=game/fps/glquake.lha

AmigaOne XE G3 750FX 800Mhz/2 GB Ram + Radeon 9000PRO 128MB +AmigaOS4.1
A4000T CyberstormPPC 604e-200Mhz/060/128MB+CybervisionPPC 8MB +AmigaOS4
and anymore other Amigas...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaPapst

Because it is all green

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:
That doesn't have anything to do with the SAM. There are general incompatibilities with WOS programs and Radeons.
No only Radeons, although for example hardware 3D in Heretic II worked correctly with 2 or 3 beta versions of the OS4 Voodoo3 Warp3D driver it doesn't with the release versions.
Shogo doesn't work correctly with hardware 3D on Voodoo3 either.
FreeSpace does, but only after changing some of the default settings (en-/disabling some 3D gfx options).

Quote:
But plainly, for the few WOS programs around where there is no AmigaOS 4.x native version, I am not going to bother with these.
AFAIK the only Warp3D game without software 3D support is WipeOut2097 and that one is working (the 3D gfx parts, not everything else of it). On Voodoo3 without any problems, and IIRC only very minor gfx errors were reported on Radeon cards.
The other 3D games support software rendering, and since they were written for A1200/A4000 with slow CPUs (150-200 MHz 603/604), slow 3D gfx cards (Permedia2) and WarpOS which slowed everything down even more with it's m68k<>PPC context switches they are probably faster with software rendering on a SAM440 than they were with hardware 3D on the classic Amigas.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rogue

Quote:
But plainly, for the few WOS programs around where there is no AmigaOS 4.x native version, I am not going to bother with these.

There's no AOS4 verson of all hyperion games (Shogo,HereticII,Freespace..) or am i wrong?

The only Game, I'm aware of which comes in a AOS4 version is Quake. But in Quake AOS4, textures are missing, so you can't play it. GlQuake_AOS4 works, but has strang drops in the framerates, such that GLQuakeWOS on AOS4.0 classics works better then GLQuake_AOS4 on SAM & AOS4.1.
Also, the AddOn-Pack Malice doesn't work with any AOS4-Quake-version.

So, for games WOS is still a must.

@joerg

Quote:
AFAIK the only Warp3D game without software 3D support is WipeOut2097 and that one is working (the 3D gfx parts, not everything else of it). On Voodoo3 without any problems, and IIRC only very minor gfx errors were reported on Radeon cards.

True, on AOS4.0 and Voodoo 4500 it works great. On AOS4.1 & Sam it works amazingly fast and only minor gfx errors are there. But on Sam & AOS4.1 it crashes very soon. There seem to be a cruial differnce between warposemu on AOS4.0classic&A4000/Voodoo and AOS4.1&SAM.

nexus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

The problems on the Radeon are due to color keying. When Sam Jordan ported Wipeout, he added chroma keying to the Warp3D API but did it in a way that only works well for Permedia cards, and cannot be reliably reproduced for Radeons.

I had intended to look into a workaround, but never got the time for it.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

Quote:
There's no AOS4 verson of all hyperion games (Shogo,HereticII,Freespace..) or am i wrong?

There is a version of Freespace, but without 3D hardware support, which isn't too much of a problem since the game already ran in software mode on the 604, and works fast enough on any next-gen hardware.

Quote:

Are you talking about Quake I or II? I am quite sure that there is a new version of Quake II. No idea about Quake I, I somewhat given up on brown castles and brown sewers.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@nexus

Quote:

There is a version of Freespace, but without 3D hardware support, which isn't too much of a problem since the game already ran in software mode on the 604, and works fast enough on any next-gen hardware.

Thanks for that hint. I'll give it a try!

Quote:

Quote:

Are you talking about Quake I or II? I am quite sure that there is a new version of Quake II. No idea about Quake I, I somewhat given up on brown castles and brown sewers.

Yes, Quake I. The Quake-AddON MALICE is the greatest quake-game ever . It does not work with Quake_AOS4 (with or without gl on SAM or A4000. A GreamReaper appears and the game crashes). But MALICE does work with GLQuakeWOS on AOS4.0/A4000/Voodoo4500.

QuakeII, I still have to give it a chance

nexus.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @joerg
No only Radeons
GLQuake with the new WOS library runs fine, except the sound is more rawer. There is no green problem. My Quake 1 source is from 'ClickBoom'. Oh, I have a PowerColor 7000 gfx card. I don't think this card was coded by ATI.

Go to top

Register To Post