Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

daveyw, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AOS4.1 Dual Boot
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
OK... This might have been asked before... I didn't have much time to spend on Amiga Forums for quite some times...

Is it possible to Dual Boot AOS4.0 and AOS4.1 ?

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Re: AOS4.1 Dual Boot
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiGame

You need to create 2 kickstarts with kicklayout and load them with 2 partitions. Myabe i'm wrong, but im not sure OS4 loads with 4.1 kickstart.

I created a kickstart2 dir in main partition and i created in kicklayout both OS4 and OS4.1 file list.
Hold both mouse button after kickstart and it let you choose which partition to boot.

So 2 step: load the right kick, load the right patition.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes. It's possible. I have a dual boot OS4.0/OS4.1 on my MicroA1.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks ikir and Murakami,

Then when I have a bit more time I will buy AOS4.1 ! Currently I didn't as I wouldn't have time to even install it !

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiGame

Yes like when I got the A1 there was a debugger and then the normal os4.

A bit off topic: Installed os4.1 fine and did the normal things like commenting out unnecessary things from kicklayout...
Well the PCI-Graphics.kicklayout is necessary and the A1 is timed 0 at waiting. I got it to stop in U-Boot but not anymore for choosing boot from cd.

Any suggestions for this accident?

Should I move the hd to another port or is there a way and get the menu.

This stops at kicklayout saying about the commented-out pci-graphics so that PIV cannot find it. Stupid me.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PR1

Have you tried to disable the primary IDE bus in U-Boot and then boot from the CD? If this don't work, change the CD jumper from Slave to Master and try again.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@drHirudo
Yes if I could get to U-Boot. Thanks for the advice, I'll try to change the slave to master from the cd drive.

Edit: After work I cleaned all A1 interior with a vacuum cleaner at slow speed, there was a lot of dust! Please do that now if own an A1 as 5 years old at least. Then I put some CRC for the fans and let it dry after cleaning with minimum moisture cloth. Who does that ever? ;) ..

Well the CD Boots like should but as I took the "thingie" from the hd so it does not recognize it. Must try more pins after the Vette&Mustang meeting. Se You.

Edit: Now changing the whole hd and installing again, hope to get all my stuff back;)

Uboot tells : error "menuboot-cmd" not defined

Ideas? Thanks.

Edited by PR1 on 2008/9/19 13:32:48
Edited by PR1 on 2008/9/22 13:16:35
Edited by PR1 on 2008/9/25 14:47:15
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PR1

Bumps for me...

Changed the battery and did all stuff. Got the cd actually to boot! After ten tries I got fed up when installing. Formatted the hd and lost all data from five years, my own decision. Partitioned ok but the installer does not recognize it when in installer/where to install. A load of manhours wasted. Maybe the hd is broken or OS4,1 was a waste of money?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@PR1

What kinda A1 you got? sil controller? how many hds?

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

A1-XE with Sil680. Now I got it too boot from HD but Only the first partition is seen, others are partitioned as JFX and SWAP.
Didn't go to Net yet but I have the OS4.0 backup at least to copy configuration. The HD is 320GB split to five parts which does not find SLB even whan seen and installed it with Media Toolbox.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiGame

Quote:
OK... This might have been asked before... I didn't have much time to spend on Amiga Forums for quite some times...

Is it possible to Dual Boot AOS4.0 and AOS4.1 ?

Jerry

Hava a look at this thread on AmigaWorld.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top

Register To Post