Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 12 »
Re: OWB (1.17) oddities
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@anyone interested

Quote:

Does anyone know about getting REALLY long addresses to work in PEB's address book? I'm talking about address for eBay motors that span 4-6 lines when editing the addresses in Notepad. Even dnet won't work if I put in an address beyond the simple stats.dnet.com or whatever it is that gets us to the first page. If I try to use an address to take myself directly to the OGR page, or -worse yet- directly to my personal stats on the OGR page, it just sits there, like the address wasn't even entered.

I had Paul send me the problem URLs and found that the problem was not with the length of the URL, but in the use of the equals sign ("=")---ARexx does not like the use of this symbol in text strings. Thanks to some help from Chris Y., a work around has been found and is implemented in the new version on OS4 Depot (v. 1.3).

If anyone finds any addresses that do not work, let me know, and I'll try to find a way to get them working.

Go to top
Re: OWB (1.17) bugs and feature requests
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

Quote:
Feature request: Can you add the option to totally disable gif anims

There's a "DISABLEGIFANIMS" tooltype !

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

I know, I use it. But it still lets the gif anims play once before they stop. I want an option to not play them at all, because even when they play once and stop it takes a while for some forum pages to become usable. :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This webcam isn't properly updated past the second reload.
Dunno whats wrong here, works with AWeb quite fine.

PS: For all interested, yes, thats the author of YAM and lots
of other Amiga software and hes actually working

oh ... and bump

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Re: OWB (1.17) oddities
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@PEB

Actually, it's probably ReadArgs() rather than ARexx itself having problems with the equals sign.

If you specify the keyword, "=" and then the string in quotes maybe it will parse it properly?

eg. URL="http://www.amigans.net"

Just a thought that I didn't consider before.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
It's the same in the Linux version of OWB. The page is reloaded every 10 seconds by the META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh, but the image probably isn't because it's always the same URL (webcam.jpg).

Go to top
Re: OWB (1.18) bugs and feature requests
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I think I've posted this here and there but I don't remember any constructive reply.
This site doen't work well (try to click "login" in the top-right corner of the main page):
http://ae-www.technion.ac.il
Looks like it's OWB bug, not induced by the porting.
The links an input field that are not inside main frame do not resond to the mouse.
This happens instead: when mouse hovers over location inside the "inner" frame thet equal to locations of objects that belong to the upmost frame
(relative-to-top-left-of-the-upmost-frame) the objects in the upmost frame respond
(say location (x,y) is inside of "some button" in the upmost, click on the (x,y) inside the inner frame, means absolute location (x+inner_frame.x, y+inner_frame.y), will result in the "some button" to be clicked).

And a feature request:
mime-types handling to allow associating the filetypes with external programs.

Keep up the great work!
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@Raziel

Quote:
It's the same in the Linux version of OWB. The page is reloaded every 10 seconds by the META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh, but the image probably isn't because it's always the same URL (webcam.jpg).
Isn't this ticket #207 on http://www.sand-labs.org/owb/report/1 ?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

Quote:

Jack wrote:
I think I've posted this here and there but I don't remember any constructive reply.
This site doen't work well (try to click "login" in the top-right corner of the main page):
http://ae-www.technion.ac.il
Looks like it's OWB bug, not induced by the porting.
The links an input field that are not inside main frame do not resond to the mouse.

[...]
I saw this before, back when we didn't have the built-in navigation toolbar, and I used a page with a frameset where the top frame was a toolbar and an URL field, and the rest contained the loaded page. Loading my own page on http://nbache.dk and going to one of the subpages, which are in themselves framesets, led to the links in the largest frame not being usable, instead the ones on the left frame at the same Y-position were followed (IIRC).

It seemed to be a problem in the main OWB code (not this port specifically) which makes OWB confused on pages with framesets within framesets. I think someone was going to report it to the OWB team (J?rg? afxgroup?), but I'm not sure if that ever happened?

I had a quick look around in the ticket lists on sand-labs.org, but didn't find anything that looked like it.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
problem scroll page and pressing mouse button on ssl page.

www.youtube.com upload problem to button display pup list.

Resized Image

www.rapidshare.de and www.rapidshare.com download problem.

Edited by SKOLMAN_MWS on 2008/3/16 0:55:21
Edited by SKOLMAN_MWS on 2008/3/16 1:54:23
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
The vBulletin forum's "multiple reply" button doesn't work.

Well, I say it doesn't work, it toggles on/off on each post as it is supposed to, but clicking reply doesn't populate the reply box with the quotes.

Editing posts seems to crash quite a lot (see http://crashlog.os4depot.net/cl13)

Getting lots of these:
const WebCore::Cursor& WebCore::waitCursor() not implemented

On a not-entirely-different subject, cookies aren't being remembered across sessions, so I have to keep logging in to amigans.net etc as it won't remember who I am.

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Quote:

Loading my own page on http://nbache.dk and going to one of the subpages, which are in themselves framesets, led to the links in the largest frame not being usable, instead the ones on the left frame at the same Y-position were followed (IIRC).

Yes, same porblem as in your site. Looks like frame indices or smthing like this are mixed up when evaluating the button under the mouse.
Looked through tickets too (briefly), no avail.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Thanks to all involved, updated and bumped

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OWB Quit -> Crashlog_OWB_2008-03-18_07-33-48.txt

www.turboupload.com - problem button, upload, download

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
iGoogle seems to break OWB quite easily.
http://crashlog.os4depot.net/cl16

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
and another one...

URL and titlebar gets confused on some sites. One which shows the problem immediately is http://www.eurogamer.net (it starts showing the title and address of the ads)

The links get a bit confused on the same site - after scrolling down a bit the pointer seems to think it is over links that are above where it is pointing.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Posting on amiga.org doesn't work (the submit button just greys out)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
The links get a bit confused on the same site - after scrolling down a bit the pointer seems to think it is over links that are above where it is pointing.
That's probably a bug I've fixed (offsets, and therefore links, from wrong frames are used), but currently it doesn't make much sense to work on OWB and release new AmigaOS4 versions of it, the Sand-Labs/Pleyo developers are currently implementing a new OWBAL and a newer version of WebKit will be used for the next OWB milestone (Doduo), which will very likely fix a lot of bugs in OWB but will probably require larger changes in the AmigaOS4 parts as well.
Since changes in the current OWB (Blastoise) might have to be reimplemented for Doduo it's better to wait until that's finished, which should be very soon, and after the current AmigaOS4 parts are adapted to the new OWB version continue working on the AmigaOS4 parts with that one.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 12 »