Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 110

walkero, ddni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: 1.16 is Available with Support for Downloading and Uploading
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
downloading mimetype=application/zip
could not open 'Temp:Downloads'!
Fixed.

@afxgroup
I was right that ASL doesn't guarantie that fr_Drawer ends with a ':' or '/' and the extra + 1 for the length is required, it works without on RAM:, SFS, etc., but not on FFS partitions.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@joerg

doh! i'm doing this right now.. strange mimeType...

bah..

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

was right that ASL doesn't guarantie that fr_Drawer ends with a ':' or '/' and the extra + 1 for the length is required, it works without on RAM:, SFS, etc., but not on FFS partitions.

@joerg

uh.. so it depends from the file system and not from ASL??

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg and AfxGroup

I get many Grim Reapers with this version. Try these two sites:

http://www.clubic.com
http://www.jeuxvideo.fr

They were working correctly before version 1.16.

By the way, thanks to both of you guys, excellent work

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
I get many Grim Reapers with this version. Try these two sites:

http://www.clubic.com
http://www.jeuxvideo.fr

They were working correctly before version 1.16.
No idea why 1.14 and 1.15 didn't need it, they were build with GCC 4.2.3 already as well and for 1.14 I checked that the new version isn't required, but 1.16 needs the new GCC 4.2.3 version of libgcc.so, using it fixes the crash on http://www.clubic.com/
I didn't check the other site, but it's very likely the same problem. The new version is included in the OWB 1.17 archive, you can copy it to SOBJS:, but that shouldn't be required since shared objects are searched in the program directory as well.

Edited by joerg on 2008/3/6 20:37:53
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PEB

Interesting glich in version 1.16. In Yahoo groups. after reading messages in a group if i click the "my groups" link it returns me to the group listing an da download requestor asking to download file * appears. Happens every time.
Now with downloads I'm going tohave less need to boot up IBrowse or Aweb.

renoir

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PEB

Problem posting from OWB and using Yahoo Groups. In Yahoo groups If afeter reading messages in a group I click the "my groups" link a down load window appears after I'm returned to the groups menu.
Trying to post to Amigans from owb A download requestor pop up and messages cannot be posted. REquestor also pops up when clicking on "preview"

Renoir

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

thanks very much for making these efforts to a very cool web browser for the amiga coumminty.

l am running version 1.4 as read where in furture relases need more ram.

my blizzard ppc classic install has only 128 meg ram which goes down to 96 megs at start.

so far owb worked great it does stop afterawhile l put that down to running out ram.

again thank you
joerg .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@actungbaby44

Quote:

l am running version 1.4 as read where in furture relases need more ram.

Did you also read that from v1.16 on:

o When resizing a page, incl. the updates while loading, it now frees the old one before allocating the new one. Should make it usable on Amigas with only 128 MB RAM again for a lot of pages.

?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@joerg

Hmm, a new libgcc version. This is turning out to be a mess. There need to be some order when it comes to sobjs, not have them randomly included with application archives. Users will have no idea where to find them. "Ohh that one is in an archive of that app". "Sorry that version does not work, you need to download application xyz that happens to include one with a bugfix".

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:
Hmm, a new libgcc version. This is turning out to be a mess. There need to be some order when it comes to sobjs, not have them randomly included with application archives. Users will have no idea where to find them. "Ohh that one is in an archive of that app". "Sorry that version does not work, you need to download application xyz that happens to include one with a bugfix".
I'ts not a bug fix in this case, just a new version required for programs build with GCC 4.2.x. It's compatible to the older versions, it just has new functions.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@joerg

Which doesn't make it less of a mess.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:
@joerg

As long as we don't have something like dpkg or rpm on AmigaOS there is nothing which can be done, AmiUpdate doesn't support dependencies.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@joerg

Well, why not make a list and separate downloads of them. Help me keep sobjs.os4depot.net updated. help other devs find and use them. Anything is better than developers making them randomly all over the place and including them in several different archives. OWB depends on sobjs from 3 different archives at this point which isn't exactly ideal. (owb.lha,libicu and sobjs.lha)

If the sobjs aren't treated as a part of the global user and developer space then there's no point in using them as .so files and just use them as .a files instead since noone else is going to vacuum the net to find out if an .so already exists if they are hidden in different archives.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:
If the sobjs aren't treated as a part of the global user and developer space then there's no point in using them as .so files and just use them as .a files instead
It's not possible to use a static libgcc.a in OWB, you can't mix shared and static libraries.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@orgin

Quote:
@joerg

As long as we don't have something like dpkg or rpm on AmigaOS there is nothing which can be done, AmiUpdate doesn't support dependencies.

If AmiUpdate also monitors updates to libgcc.so, then it won't matter for AmiUpdate users.

Hans

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@joerg

Whichever. But why are you so against (I'm assuming that you are since you are seemingly ignoring those parts of my messages) keeping some kind of order amongst OS4 .so files? There's nothing to be gained from creating a mess of it all.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
If AmiUpdate also monitors updates to libgcc.so, then it won't matter for AmiUpdate users.
With the current AmiUpdate it's probably not possible, it would have to check for example the MD5Sum since it doesn't include a version string.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:
Whichever. But why are you so against (I'm assuming that you are since you are seemingly ignoring those parts of my messages) keeping some kind of order amongst OS4 .so files? There's nothing to be gained from creating a mess of it all.
I currently don't have the time to create usable distribution archives for them (except for libgcc.so at least 2 for each shared object are required, one for users and one for developers, and a 3rd one with the sources for example for LGPL libraries), if someone else wants to do it (installer scripts, etc.) I can upload the required files.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)