Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 121

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

FPSE OS4.0 How to get it working?-SOLVED-
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi!

With the last version of FPSE I have problems to run games.
I have tons of PSX games but at the moment I can only see a
5 seconds sequence and after this my machine freezes?!

What a hell of a problem!I cannot run my PSX games I think,but is there a solution to this?

I need HELP.

Thanks.

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2008/2/13 21:03:32
Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: FPSE OS4.0 How to get it working?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Have you configured it and selected the right plug in ??

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Yes I put all I think is right to make it work.
For example:

BIOS emu:off
CD to cdrom
Fullscreen

And the rest I think is all right

Can anybody post here his/her configuration to see the difference between my configuration and yours?

Thanks.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Wait, in the plug in section have you selected the right plug in and configured them right ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok have a look a this and tell me if it work :

Quote:

In the CPU tab from the Top to the Bottom :

ON
ON
Color
ON
ON

In Bios

ON
OFF
File : bios/scph1001.bin

In CD

Europe /* if Japanese games set Japan */
On
On
On

In MCD

Let the default setup

Plugin

GPU gpupeops.dll
SPU spuwave.dll
JOY0 joykey.dll
JOY1 joykey.dll
CD cdrom.dll
PAR parnull.dll

GPU Configuration:

Fullscreen ON
Resolution 640x480
ScreenMode idem 640x480 32bit
PostProcess None
Scale ON
FrameSkip 1
SpeedLimit ON
HidePointer ON

Configurazione JOY0/1 as you wish

CD Configuration:

set the device, I use sii0680ide.device unit 2.
Readmode, insert a PSX CD and press Autodetect ReadMode, then press OK

Save and press Start CD

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I've tried to set sensible defaults. Just start with a fresh install, select gpupeops, cdrom or cdimage and joykey for joy0. If using cdrom you need to set correct device and unit, but other than that, don't change any settings (other than maybe disabling the BIOS emulation if you have a BIOS dump).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

I have done this steps of configuration and the only thing I see is the logo but cannot play any PSX game.

It locks my AmigaOne completely so...

Could it be a problem concerning about the code or is it the autor working on a better more efficient version?

At least the GUI window is exitable after using it not as the previous version.

Any ideas?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I have mine set up as in nubechecorres post all works great here and damn fast even on my radeon 9000 its full speed here
i suspect its something else
ram or gfx card it would help if we knew your sys specs

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

check your ram or try replacing it,

FPE work whit out any problems on my system,

if your computer crashes, try a worm reboot, and the flowing line in shell consoll:

c:DumpDebugBuffer

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiDog

The savestate thingy is GREAT !

I do have another issue besides ainput bug : sound interruption when using the original CDs (in cutscenes of Driver2) although SPU sync, CDDA to SPU are set to off. I even reduced the CDROM speed to 2x.

I will test if an image file would help but otherwise, what would you suggest to prevent this (on A1G4@800) ?

EDIT: well it seems running from a CD image is MUCH better concerning cutscenes and sound interruption. could it be because the CDROM and HD are on the same device (but not on the same channel) ?

Edited by Lio on 2008/2/9 0:19:39
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lio

The cdrom plugin isn't very clever (yet). There is no read-ahead buffer in there, and when streaming audio from the CD it doesn't take much before the audio buffer runs empty and the audio begins to stutter.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiDog

is it hard to implement the read ahead buffer ? would be nice to have

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiDog

ok thanks for the answer !

will fpse supports in the future dual shock like usb pads ? mine is having motors but are of no use and it is not clear if it is because the OS4 USB stack does not support them or if it is the application

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Lio

I guess this is down to AmiInput to support it first, and I'm not sure it actually does.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lio

There's do dual shock support in FPSE currently. It might be easy to add to the PSX Port plugin (OS3 only currently).

I don't remember if there's any support in AmigaInput yet.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiDog

I think we don't have AmiaInput on OS 4.0 July update right now,no?

Maybe will have it on the next of Hyperion updates?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiDog

Quote:

AmiDog wrote:
@Lio

There's do dual shock support in FPSE currently. It might be easy to add to the PSX Port plugin (OS3 only currently).

I don't remember if there's any support in AmigaInput yet.

ok thanks for the answer.

does the hat work ? right now, only the cross is working and the button to select analog vs digital does not seem to be recognized during joyai configuration.
I dont believe it is ainput or usb because I play Dynamite with the hat (on amigaone).
or a bad configuration ?? I am no expert in playstation although I have one (but not for long)...

here is the config part :

[JOYAI_0]
ID=4096
Up=3,4,76
Down=3,4,77
Left=3,4,79
Right=3,4,78
Start=1,14,68
Select=1,13,66
Triangle=1,6,18
Cross=1,7,50
Square=1,5,33
Circle=1,8,35
L1=1,9,16
L2=1,10,17
R1=1,11,19
R2=1,12,20
Analog=0,0,-1
LeftAnalogUp=2,1,22
LeftAnalogDown=2,1,54
LeftAnalogLeft=2,0,37
LeftAnalogRight=2,0,39
LeftAnalogPress=1,15,38
RightAnalogUp=2,2,26
RightAnalogDown=2,2,58
RightAnalogLeft=2,2,41
RightAnalogRight=2,2,43
RightAnalogPress=1,16,42

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lio

The config contains the IDs reported by AmigaInput, so it's not possible for me to tell if there's something wrong there or not.

As for the analog/digital switch, it's probably not recognized by AmigaInput and thus can't be used by joyai, so you need to use a button on the keyboard instead. (This button is used to change the type of PAD reported from the plugin to the PSX game.)

If I remember correctly, when I set my USB pad in analog mode, the digital pad will end up being treated like a hat by AmigaInput.

One thing is for sure though, you must always keep your USB pad in the same mode when configuring as when playing, you can not switch between analog/digital mode as that will change the IDs reported by AmigaInput for the very same button on the pad, which will confuse the plugin.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiDog

Can you help me to configure AmigaInput on July update?

I haven't tried AmigaInput since update#4 and it would be cool to use it on FPSE and others.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiDog

Quote:

AmiDog wrote:
@Lio

The config contains the IDs reported by AmigaInput, so it's not possible for me to tell if there's something wrong there or not.

As for the analog/digital switch, it's probably not recognized by AmigaInput and thus can't be used by joyai, so you need to use a button on the keyboard instead. (This button is used to change the type of PAD reported from the plugin to the PSX game.)

If I remember correctly, when I set my USB pad in analog mode, the digital pad will end up being treated like a hat by AmigaInput.

One thing is for sure though, you must always keep your USB pad in the same mode when configuring as when playing, you can not switch between analog/digital mode as that will change the IDs reported by AmigaInput for the very same button on the pad, which will confuse the plugin.

well spotted, thank you ! if I use keyboard key for analog/digital button setup, I can use the hat (but no way back like you said)

Go to top

Register To Post