Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

turtle.py ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I tried to play with Turtle.py on Christmas. Didn't get far because of this module -- TKinter. There's a TKinter.py, but I didn't know how to use it. Is there a TKinter.so or does have to created? Or? Is there a python doctor in the house?

The last time I played with turle graphics was on the C64 with PILOT -- 20 years ago!!

Anyone else playing with python and getting bit?

Go to top
Re: turtle.py ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

TKinter does not work on AmigaOS 4.0 (assuming that you do mean the AmigaOS 4 version). It would require TK, which is an X GUI toolkit.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Rogue

OK, thanks. It's a shame TKinter was the 'defacto' GUI for Python. Searching for other GUI(frameworks), I found -- rope and xrope:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xrope

xRope is an IDE for Python development and a Graphical GUI Builder: It uses Python, Tkinter, tk_happy, and Pmw. xRope's editor is "rope" by aligrudi (also a sourceforge project). xRope is to rope what xEmacs is to Emacs. Author: Serge Hulne.

I'm not a programmer/developer, but Can 'rope' or 'xrope' be used for refactoring a tkinter module or some workable GUI module?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

I don't know xrope, but I have my doubts. You would need to port the TKinter module, and as with most GUI toolkits it pulls in a whole bunch of other dependencies.

I never liked Tk either... Reminds me too much of Motif *shudders*

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top

Register To Post