Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Pixy new pixel editor for amigaos4
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo

Have you tried renaming that ominous SYS:Storage/Hollywood directory?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

didn't notice such drawer existed :-O

Deleted full drawer and run again pixy and got the same crash/GR

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

Maybe the solution :
Edit the "user-startup" file at the end of the file delete the empty lines, save and reboot amiga.

It's strange but that corrects a lot of stability problem with me and with pseudaxos

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

I am not 100% sure but having looked at this a bit I think the Hollywood directory under storage is dynamically created during the runtime of the Hollywood App. Here are my current sys:storage dir:

11.System:Storage/Hollywood> dir
hollywood.FYQCZV (dir)
hollywood.HHUREE (dir)
hollywood.NRNZYW (dir)
hollywood.NYUQUX (dir)
hollywood.RAWCOF (dir)
hollywood.ROHQXX (dir)
hollywood.UWOBVX (dir)

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sinisrus

I tried this on my X5000 and had no luck with the crash on startup.

Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tekmage

Maybe this is ripe for a bug report to airsoft?

Hollywood shouldn't place temporary files onto the system partition, that's what T: is for imo

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
Maybe this is ripe for a bug report to airsoft?

Hollywood shouldn't place temporary files onto the system partition, that's what T: is for imo

Absolutely!

Since it creates a new folder everytime and stores MUIRoyale.hwp and ZIP.hwp in it and deletes them but not the folder on exit of the app,
if the app crashes the plugins is still there in the folder.

So yes this belongs in T: not in Storage:

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sinisrus

A little request! Is it possible you can add popup menus(right mouse button) in the project draw window?

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

I just noticed something on my x5K with Pixy. When I open and close the latest Odyssey then launch Pixy, Pixy does not crash.

Can anyone confirm this on an X5K?

Thanks,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tekmage

Sounds like a bug in Odyssey, maybe a memory leek. Allocating few extra bytes, that’s not freed on exit, as result the next program is not overwriting something impotent.

WebKIT is known for being bad, Chrome also uses WebKIT and it has major memory leek problems.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sinisrus

Just picked up the latest alpha on OS4Depot and still getting same crash on my X5000 that many have also experienced:

Symbol info:
Instruction pointer 0x01A9A310 belongs to module "newlib.library.kmod" (HUNK/Kickstart)

Stack trace:

native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x00036410
    LIBS
:codesets.library:LIB_CodesetsConvertStrA()+0x178 (section 1 0x85FC)

module SYS:Storage/Hollywood/hollywood.BGGGVJ/MUIRoyale.hwp at 0x7F703F74 (section 0 0x9F50)

module SYS:Storage/Hollywood/hollywood.BGGGVJ/MUIRoyale.hwp at 0x7F719280 (section 0 0x1F25C)

module SYS:Storage/Hollywood/hollywood.BGGGVJ/MUIRoyale.hwp at 0x7F71B244 (section 0 0x21220)

module SYS:Storage/Hollywood/hollywood.BGGGVJ/MUIRoyale.hwp at 0x7F71C1EC (section 0 0x221C8)

module SYS:Storage/Hollywood/hollywood.BGGGVJ/MUIRoyale.hwp at 0x7F71E430 (section 0 0x2440C)

module SYS:Storage/Hollywood/hollywood.BGGGVJ/MUIRoyale.hwp at 0x7F7133D0 (section 0 0x193AC)

module SYS:Storage/Hollywood/hollywood.BGGGVJ/MUIRoyale.hwp at 0x7F7035B4 (section 0 0x9590)

module SYS:Storage/Hollywood/hollywood.BGGGVJ/MUIRoyale.hwp at 0x7F7099F8 (section 0 0xF9D4)

module Pixy at 0x7F862B94 (section 0 0x109B70)

module Pixy at 0x7F869C40 (section 0 0x110C1C)

module Pixy at 0x7F86324C (section 0 0x10A228)

module Pixy at 0x7F85FF88 (section 0 0x106F64)

module Pixy at 0x7F862150 (section 0 0x10912C)

module Pixy at 0x7F86223C (section 0 0x109218)

module Pixy at 0x7F85FC78 (section 0 0x106C54)

module Pixy at 0x7F77B05C (section 0 0x22038)

module Pixy at 0x7F8EC9BC (section 0 0x193998)

module Pixy at 0x7F761CE0 (section 0 0x8CBC)

module Pixy at 0x7F8E6B68 (section 0 0x18DB44)

module Pixy at 0x7F99EEE8 (section 0 0x245EC4)

module Pixy at 0x7F9A1A30 (section 0 0x248A0C)

Any updates on root cause and/or a solution? I am running with the latest public codesets.library and latest newlib.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
tekmage wrote:@Raziel

I am not 100% sure but having looked at this a bit I think the Hollywood directory under storage is dynamically created during the runtime of the Hollywood App. Here are my current sys:storage dir:

Hollywood used to create these temp files if a 3rd party application was compiled to link plugins in the executable (this is why I didn't link plugins in my programs but included them in the progdir). Hollywood cleared these temp files when you quitted the program, but files were left there if you rebooted or crashed without quitting the program.

This has improved in Hollywood 9.0 and you can avoid temp files creation even when linking plugins. This is the changelog entry:
Quote:
- New [OS3/OS4/MorphOS]: Linked plugins will now be loaded directly from the executable or applet without
using temporary files; note that this only works for uncompressed executables or applets; if you activate
compression, temporary files will be created

Quote:
eliyahu wrote:@sinisrus

Just picked up the latest alpha on OS4Depot and still getting same crash on my X5000 that many have also experienced

This looks a bit like the issue I have with mui.CreateObject with Hollywood on OS4, I don't know if the same function is used in Pixy. Anyway if you do dynamic runtime object creation on OS4, it seems to be a problem. This doesn't happen on any other platforms, but only on OS4.. so probably codesets.library or OS4's MUI implementation issue. Here's more information about my findings: link

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jPV

Thank you for sharing your experience. I created a thread on OS4 coding to see if someone could take on codesets library. I've looked at the source code, and we just need a debug build to pinpoint the input causing the problem.

The fun part about this situation is it only happens on X5000s. Other OS4 platforms don't have this crash!

Thanks,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tekmageQuote:
tekmage wrote:@jPV

The fun part about this situation is it only happens on X5000s. Other OS4 platforms don't have this crash!

I bet the actual bug happens on all setups, but it might be just pure luck if it becomes a visible/fatal issue. For example, if it trashes memory, it trashes it every time, but how it shows up depends on what contents it trashed. Maybe X5000 just happens to have some crucial data (drivers or so) on the affected area more likely than some other setup.

The bug I reported is reproducible on both WinUAE and X5000, but at least on WinUAE it's random and you'll have to try to trigger it a bit more before it actually crashes.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tekmage

I have x1000 and it crash here too.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I have a finding today on that crash we hunt for so long. I used the new IvoRSS that was just released, and that crashes on my system as well, but it has its source available, so it is a good candidate to experiment.

I am not aware of how Hollywood works, as I bought it a few weeks ago.
What I found so far is that in some places IvoRSS uses something like

Local p XMLParser.New({StartElement StartElementEndElement=EndElementCharacterData CharacterData})
p:setencoding("UTF-8")

If I remove the setencoding calls, then the program never crashes. If I add just the first one, it crashes complaining at the LIB_CodesetsConvertStrA(), as mentioned before.

The thing is that I put some DebugPrints here and there, and when it crashes, they are not printed, so to see where it crashes, but it happens as soon as the application is built. Now, I don't know how Hollywood builds the app on the fly.

I will investigate more on what this method does and will try to build IvoRSS and try this out. I will also contact its developer and see what is his opinion.

I am sure JPV has also a lot of knowledge on the matter and he might be able to help us.

update:
It seems this is not the issue, and I am still hunting it! It seems that it has to do with the MUIRoyale as well.
Does anyone know if it is possible to have debug versions of the hollywood plugins and a way to find were exactly it crashes? Is there a way to build the app with something like gstabs, as we have with GCC?

Edited by walkero on 2022/7/29 23:31:59
Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)