Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

rjd324, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Odyssey has become unstable!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
For some reason, Odyssey (the latest beta) has become extremely unstable in my X5000. It freezes regularly when loading pages, even the trivial Amiga sites. Sometimes it freezes already when loading the home page which is a html file on my hard disk (this cannot be related to the net connection).

I have not done any changes in my system lately. Netsurf does not seem to have similar problems, neither Wayfarer (MOS) or Linux browsers. The certificates are fresh.

Any idea what is wrong....? Odyssey is now too unreliable to use, have to reboot every minute .

Go to top
Re: Odyssey has become unstable!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Any idea what is wrong....?

Can be HDD or fucked filesystem, or bad cable (on halfway to die), etc.

If other browsers didn't give that, then fresh reinstall to some new directory may help (if, of course, is not HDD/cable guilty)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Any chance of getting a new build based on the latest sources and dependant libs?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:

Any chance of getting a new build based on the latest sources and dependant libs?

Do you mean a new build based on the latest sources of dependant libs like curl, OpenSSL, and stuff? Hope soon enough, yeah

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes and of course from the latest Odyssey sources...sweet

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Replacing HD cable did not have any effect but reinstalling Odyssey helped! Thank you for the tip .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Maybe its just me, but in the latest version, spoofing has been removed?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@daveyw

According to this, it still works fine...for me.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@daveyw

Whjat version.revison are you using? the one form os4depot is "old"

kas1e has the latest ver.revision/beta on his site:

https://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta07.lha

Odyssey 1.23 r5_beta07 - AmigaOS4

-- Fixed bug in Cairo library caused skippable DSI on some sites in cairo_clip_intersect_rectangle_box() by adding related patches from the latest version of Cairo.
-- Replaced old, statically linked, Pixman library v0.32.4 by newer v0.36.0 from Salas00: https://github.com/salass00/pixman_lib
Salas00's version is a real amiga native shared library and has AOS4 native TLS (thread-local storage) implementation, which means that rendering done now not from the same thread, but from different ones => things can be faster.
New pixman-1.library coming with release archive in the LIBS directory, so no action needs, all continue to works out of the box. Thanks Salas00!
-- Media player: when we in accelerated full-window playback, and mouse cursor over the video, then after 2 seconds of inactivity we hide mouse pointer. Moving mouse or clicking mouse buttons made cursor be visibly again. I.e. mimic usual video-players behavior.
-- Media player: when we in accelerated full-window playback, then we disable screen blankers and enable them back once we exit from full-window playback.
-- Fixed nasty bug with missing TAG_DONE in the Dtpic object creation. Before it working by pure luck: If the memory following the unterminated tag list contains 'lucky' or invalid tag values then nothing bad happens.
But a single 'unlucky' (but valid and possibly dangerous if not used correctly) tag value may cause unpredictable havoc (c) Thore.
-- Rewritten DoSuperNew() function to use DoSuperMethodA() directly instead of DoSuperMethod(), as the later internally do call the same DoSuperMethodA(). So we skip that step to make DoSuperNew() be more efficient with less stack space in use.
Thanks to Thore for hint and Oliver for explaining.
-- Added support for 4th and 5th mouse buttons for stepping backward (4th) and forward (5th) through the browser history. I.e same as in IBrowse.
-- Major improvements in spoofing area by Javier: new Spoofing preferences. Together with inbuild (and not editable) default Odyssey's user-agent, you can now add/edit your own ones.
You also can choose what user agents you want to show on the menu and which didn't. All the user-agents saves in the 'useragents.prefs' placed in Conf , just like 'userscripts.prefs' or 'searchengines.prefs'.
The work which spends on was big, so there can be issues so plz check it carefully and report all bugs and suggestions. Everything localized as well, see bottom of OWB.cd. Thanks Javier!
-- Notification titles are now localized as well, see OWB.cd for MSG_NOTIFY_DL_COMPLETED, MSG_NOTIFY_DL_CANCELLED and MSG_NOTIFY_DL_FAILED (c) Javier.
-- Updated Italian catalog by samo79 and new Danish catalog by NBache.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gregor

I've long found that it's best to run oddity from a clean
install. It seems to collect a lot of debris each time
it runs.

To that end, I usually use a script that copy it to a
directory on the ram disk, run it there and then clean out
the detritus after it quits.

Good luck,

PJS

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jabirulo

Yes, that is the version that I have, and that seems to be the version where spoofing, at least from the front end, has been removed.

Under Settings --> Spoof as, I only have 2 options, Odyssey Web Browser and Default Settings. Previous versions have a series of different spoorfing options here.

Also, when I go to URL Settings and try to select a Spoof As setting for a specific site, the only option is Odyssey Web Browser.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@daveyw

So, the thing you are missing is "useragents.prefs" from Odyssey/conf

Probably deleted it by accident at some point.

Not sure if this will work (as Multiviewer claims it's binary), but c&p the below to a file called "useragents.prefs", place it in Odyssey/conf/ and try again.

4Firefox 3.6 (Windows)Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1Win64x64rv:25.0Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
4Firefox 25 
(Windows)Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1rv:1.9.2Gecko/20100101 Firefox/3.6
4Firefox 74 
(Windows)Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1WOW64rv:54.0Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0
4Internet Explorer 6Mozilla
/4.0 (compatibleMSIE 6.0Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
4Internet Explorer 8Mozilla/4.0 (compatibleMSIE 8.0Windows NT 5.1Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
4Internet Explorer 10Mozilla/5.0 (compatibleMSIE 10.0Windows NT 6.1WOW64Trident/6.0)
4Internet Explorer 11Mozilla/5.0 (compatibleMSIE 11Windows NT 6.3Trident/7.0rv:11.0like Gecko
4Edge 80 
(Windows)Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0Win64x64AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTMLlike GeckoChrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36 Edg/80.0.361.62
4Opera 12.14 
(Windows)Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1UenPresto/2.12.388 Version/12.14
4Opera 12.16 
(Mac)Opera/9.80 (MacintoshIntel Mac OS X 10.14.1Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.16
4Opera 67 
(Mac)Mozilla/5.0 (MacintoshIntel Mac OS X 10_14_5AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTMLlike GeckoChrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36 OPR/67.0.3575.53
4Safari 6.0.2 
(Mac)Mozilla/5.0 (MacintoshIntel Mac OS X 10_8_2AppleWebKit/536.26.17 (KHTMLlike GeckoVersion/6.0.2 Safari/536.26.17
4Safari 13 
(Mac)Mozilla/5.0 (MacintoshIntel Mac OS X 10_13_6AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTMLlike GeckoVersion/13.0 Safari/605.1.15
4Chrome 32 
(Windows)Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2Win64x64AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTMLlike GeckoChrome/32.0.1667.0 Safari/537.36
4Chrome 80 
(Windows)Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0Win64x64AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTMLlike GeckoChrome/80.0.3987.132 Safari/537.36
4Nintendo WiiUMozilla
/5.0 (Nintendo WiiUAppleWebKit/536.30 (KHTMLlike GeckoNX/3.0.4.2.13 NintendoBrowser/4.3.2.11274.US
4IPhone 6.0Mozilla
/5.0 (iPhoneCPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS XAppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTMLlike GeckoVersion/6.0 Mobile/10A5376e Safari/8536.25
4IPhone 12.4Mozilla
/5.0 (iPhoneCPU iPhone OS 12_4 like Mac OS XAppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTMLlike GeckoMobile 15E148 KAKAOTALK 8.7.8
4IPhone 13.0Mozilla
/5.0 (iPhoneCPU iPhone OS 13_0 like Mac OS XAppleWebKit/602.1.38 (KHTMLlike GeckoVersion/66.6 Mobile/14A5297c Safari/602.1
4IPad 6.1Mozilla
/5.0 (iPadUCPU OS 6_1 like Mac OS Xen-usAppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTMLlike GeckoVersion/6.0 Mobile/10B141 Safari/8536.25
4IPad 13.2.3Mozilla
/5.0 (iPadCPU OS 13_2_3 like Mac OS XAppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTMLlike GeckoVersion/13.0.3 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
4Odyssey 
(AmigaOS)Mozilla/5.0 (AmigaOS4.1FEu2PowerPCAmigaONEX1000Odyssey Web Browser 1.23 r5_beta07Mobilerv:47.0AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTMLlike GeckoChrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36
4BlackberryMozilla
/5.0 (BB10TouchAppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTMLlike GeckoVersion/10.1.0.2342 Mobile Safari/537.10+

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@raziel

yep it's "almost" a plain text file it uses 0x01 as "separator" IIRC, so multiview(er) think is a binary file.

So just unpacking odyssey archive and copying useragents.prefs file should be enough to see all spoofing entries again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@daveyw

Also go to the new section (which you may have missed?) in the Settings dialog:

Menu Settings->Settings->Spoofing

- and make sure all the user agents you want to use are enabled.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Ah, turns out I had an incomplete installation. :(

Go to top

Register To Post