Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 20 »
Re: Qt 6 progress
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

AFAIK SIGPROF is not defined in either Linux(5.15) or Windows (VS2022, Windows 11 SDK) nor is the alarm signals
Unless they are hidden somewhere obscure. So you should probably check if Qt themselves defines them in some header somewhere.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trgswe

Well spotted! I have found this structure in crashpad/util/posix/signals.cc :

constexpr int kTerminateSignals[] = {

SIGALRM,

SIGHUP,

SIGINT,

SIGPIPE,

SIGPROF,

SIGTERM,

SIGUSR1,

SIGUSR2,

SIGVTALRM,
#if defined(SIGPWR)

SIGPWR,
#endif  // defined(SIGPWR)
#if defined(SIGSTKFLT)

SIGSTKFLT,
#endif  // defined(SIGSTKFLT)
#if defined(OS_APPLE)

SIGXCPU,

SIGXFSZ,
#endif  // defined(OS_APPLE)
#if defined(OS_LINUX) || defined(OS_CHROMEOS)

SIGIO,
#endif  // defined(OS_LINUX) || defined(OS_CHROMEOS)
};

I think my strategy so far is to turn off the flags leading to the crashpad (module responsible for crash reports). But it is nice to know, if I later need to turn it back on.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Noticed something in the qt code for 6.2, cygwin does not really support any of the posix signals either (no SIGPROF etc.) so one idea might be to look around for cygwin, android, and see if they make any workarounds. And you might want to compile STLPort with the extra C support library, which is meant to increase compatability to both C++ and ISO-C (posix), it contains lots of goodies (both thread, memory and (AFAIR) signals etc.) It was quite a few years ago I had to compile STLPort.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trgswe

I'm covered ;). And the body count is this:

Current counter

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Guys... I have come uppon this problem. It might be a killer. Please consult and confirm :

Quote:

In file included from ../../../../../src/3rdparty/chromium/v8/src/codegen/callable.h:8,
from ../../../../../src/3rdparty/chromium/v8/src/codegen/code-factory.h:8,
from ./../../../../../src/3rdparty/chromium/v8/src/codegen/code-factory.cc:5,
from gen/v8/v8_base_without_compiler_jumbo_6.cc:9:
../../../../../src/3rdparty/chromium/v8/src/codegen/interface-descriptors.h:475:18: error: expected identifier before ‘,’ token
475 | ##__VA_ARGS__, \
| ^

There is some problem with gcc and what appears to be a builtin trick in the compiler : ##__VA_ARGS__

If this proves to be an incompatibility with the current selection of gcc toolchain options for OS 4.1, then I am not going to continue with the build. Sorry. This is too much already. We might as well build something from scratch, then.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Well, meanwhile you'll wait to have such an important answer, you could take a break from that monster and try to port a STL 3D model viewer based on QT:
https://github.com/fstl-app/fstl

I have tested it on my PPC64 linux machine and they have provided a patch for big endian CPUs
https://github.com/fstl-app/fstl/issues/73

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

##__VA_ARGS__ should compile. At least it worked in a C project: https://github.com/capehill/glsnoop/bl ... 259/ogles2_module.c#L1295

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ferrels

Your tip helped, and I am now continuing. We are at < 1000 files.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Q : What am I to do with these?

Quote:

FAILED: obj/v8/v8_snapshot/embedded.o
ppc-amigaos-gcc -MMD -MF obj/v8/v8_snapshot/embedded.o.d -DOFFICIAL_BUILD -DTOOLKIT_QT -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=0 -DV8_TYPED_ARRAY_MAX_SIZE_IN_HEAP=64 -DENABLE_MINOR_MC -DV8_ATOMIC_OBJECT_FIELD_WRITES -DV8_ATOMIC_MARKING_STATE -DV8_ENABLE_LAZY_SOURCE_POSITIONS -DV8_SHARED_RO_HEAP -DV8_WIN64_UNWINDING_INFO -DV8_ENABLE_REGEXP_INTERPRETER_THREADED_DISPATCH -DV8_SNAPSHOT_COMPRESSION -DV8_ENABLE_WEBASSEMBLY -DV8_31BIT_SMIS_ON_64BIT_ARCH -DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS -DV8_TARGET_ARCH_PPC -DV8_TARGET_ARCH_PPC_LE -DDISABLE_UNTRUSTED_CODE_MITIGATIONS -DV8_31BIT_SMIS_ON_64BIT_ARCH -DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS -I. -Igen -I../../../../../src/3rdparty/chromium -I../../../../../src/3rdparty/chromium/v8 -I../../../../../src/3rdparty/chromium/v8/include -Igen/v8 -Igen/v8/include -g0 -c gen/v8/embedded.S -o obj/v8/v8_snapshot/embedded.o
gen/v8/embedded.S: Assembler messages:
gen/v8/embedded.S:49626: Error: reloc 1 not supported by object file format
gen/v8/embedded.S:49633: Error: reloc 1 not supported by object file format

This is the assembly :

Quote:

49625 v8_Default_embedded_blob_code_:
49626 .quad v8_Default_embedded_blob_code_data_

Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/15 16:10:04
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

I'm not 100% positive but you may need to add -fPIC to your compiler invocation. The PIC stands for position independent code (PIC) and refers to the generated machine code which is memory address agnostic, i.e. does not make any assumptions about where it gets loaded into RAM. Sounds like you've mixed some relocatable object code with non-relocatable.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ferrels

That is probably true. I can see, that -fPIC is used as flag in the build files, but unused for this build. I am aiming at a static build, so it is probably correct, that it is checked off. The assembly described here is autogenerated by some executable as part of the build. I am unsure, if I should go any more into it. I have replaced .quad by .long and hope, that it will not break too many things.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@thread

Guys... I need help. I have built the entire chrome source base necessary for creating libQt6WebEngineCore.a. But there is some problem with the build system. Instead of being 256 MB large, it only comes out 900 kb, so obviously something has been left out. I am looking at the build files and ... it is quite complicated, because it uses a combination of CMake and the google build tool 'gn'.

If someone has the time to look at the repos and just give some kind of preliminary evaluation of what could go wrong with such a build. I am hair-raisingly close to being, ehm, tired. It would be so good to at least have a complete build before taking a break.

EDIT : This file should be responsible for the coupling between the two build systems :

CMakeLists.txt

Make sure to notice, that the chromium base is in submodule inside src/3rdparty.

EDIT : I think, maybe, that the Ninja is the problem. What do you think ?

Quote:

add_gn_command(
CMAKE_TARGET WebEngineCore
NINJA_TARGETS QtWebEngineCore convert_dict
GN_TARGET ${buildGn}
GN_ARGS "${gnArgArg}"
BUILDDIR ${buildDir}/${config}/${arch}
MODULE core
)

Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/16 14:45:52
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/16 15:16:34
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

I Personally never used Ninja, I used Makefile for Linux and Windows, but 900 Kb vs 256 Mbyte? Have you done a check on what functions is compiled in? If it is .a link library use ar to see which objects are in there and roughly how big, then you get a indication what object probably failed. My gut feeling that all more or less as compiled but only as stubs more or less. to get more controll over cmake, download cmake-gui (it's a separate download).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

I can't help with the code, but I really appreciate your
efforts on this project and am hopeful for its success.

OTOH, I can help otherwise... But Oddity no longer works
in PayPal. :(

I contributed for your work on Qt6 (and an Amiga browser)
with droid. :/

Please keep up the great work! The TextEdit app was
really impressive.

THANKS,

PJS

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@pjs

Thank you Pj's! It is highly appreciated.

At this point, I think it best to take a break from the webengine and do some tricks with the actual Qt codebase instead. I will be aiming for some kind of preliminary release and a stream event within the next few weeks. Stay put!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Very impressive work, did you say ... chrome!?!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

I also can`t help you with the Code...but a donation is send!
Keep up your great work.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Skateman

Thank you very much!

@spotUP

Yes. It is quite large, you know... And lot's of potential loose ends. Like big endian not being supported in the renderer and the v8 bytecode generator. But hey, if we just dive in, it might end up in our ball park...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@virgola

Quote:

Well, meanwhile you'll wait to have such an important answer, you could take a break from that monster and try to port a STL 3D model viewer based on QT:

This is interesting. I definetely want to work out some more of the 3D bindings offered by Qt. I am watching this at the moment :

QtQuick3D

Only caveat is that Qt really wants to use the EGL layering libraries. It is quite rudimentary what we have in os4 ogles2, and that means doing a lot of stuff by hand, that ends up being quite complicated and work consuming. That, and the fact, that there seems to be bugs preventing workability (see earlier posts regarding ogles2).

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 20 »