Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Halfing icon size horizontally?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
How could I change the size of an icon in OS4? I would just like to half the width of some OS3 originating icons,,, I did not find such function from the IconEditor included with OS4.1.

(I already tried to save the icon pictures, edit then in ImageFX, and reload them into IconEdit, but I was not able to get what I wanted. Iconedit behaves totally illogically...)

Go to top
Re: Halfing icon size horizontally?
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
If you have SketchBlock, you can use that to load the icon and do the changes you need, and then save it back.

You can also try iconeditor (http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... s/iconedit/iconeditor.lha), but I am not sure if it has a resize feature.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
>If you have SketchBlock, you can use that to load the icon and do the changes you need, and then save it back.

I tested the v. 2.6 from OSDepot but did not find any way to load icons to it...

>You can also try iconeditor (http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... s/iconedit/iconeditor.lha), but I am not sure if it has a resize feature.

This does not run in my system... The program does not seem to 'match' with it's own icon file (shown separately in program's drawer), and trying to run it from cli gives just error messages.

But I found a first-aid from Aminet: an ancient program named 'IconDeluxe'. It does not work with OS4.1 but I was able to run it in E-UAE.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gregor

Quote:

>If you have SketchBlock, you can use that to load the icon and do the changes you need, and then save it back.

I tested the v. 2.6 from OSDepot but did not find any way to load icons to it...

You would need SketchBlock Pro with the import / export plugin API to load and save icons directly.

You can get SB Pro from amistore or from myself directly (email andy@broad.ology.org.uk)

With the 2.6 you have to do in steps.

Use RAWBinfo to save out the icons images. Load in to SB, resize, export as ILBM and load back into RAWBinfo.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gregor

it will look better if double the height, insted of downszieing the width.

be nice if was made into a icon tool argument.
(hires icon)

(old icons are pretty small already downsizing, will make the icons even smaller.)

Edited by LiveForIt on 2021/10/17 12:43:08
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gregor

I'm using IconEditor from PEB for a long time now for all my icon needs.

Give it a shot, it' a great program and Paul is eager to hear about feature reuqests and bugs...

/me waves at Paul...Hi Paul

edit: I should read the whole thread next time

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post