Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 110

davec555, TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
DVPlayer 54.4 minor bugs and other info
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
First, it's fantastic that more work is beiing done on this program. Of course I had to go out and puchase it right away from AmiStore.

In playing around with it I did notice a couple of minor bugs. I'll submit them to the bug tracker but I thought I would post here to see if others have the same issues.

1. The tooltypes for the icon has no tooltypes listed. Not a big deal as you can manually enter them, or copy them over from an older installation of DVPlayer.

2. In the Project menu there are two entries for Play DVD/VCD and Append DVD/VCD.

3. The keyboard shortcut for one of the Play DVD/VCD items has the same shortcut as the Change Skin item. Probably related to number 2.

I'll keep trying it and see if I can find more issues, but it's great to have an update.

Update!
Items 2 an 3 above were my fault. I had inadvertantly copied the plugin directory of the old version of DvPlayer to the new DvPlayer directory.
They are not a defect in the new DvPlayer.

Edited by ktadd on 2021/10/19 18:29:50
Edited by ktadd on 2021/10/20 20:21:43
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: DVPlayer 54.4 minor bugs
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@ktadd
Can you please clarify if with DV Player you get va and video necessary libraries for Radeon HD? What other libraries come with this version?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero
Quote:
Can you please clarify if with DV Player you get va and video necessary libraries for Radeon HD? What other libraries come with this version?

Would be best if an AEON developer could answer but I'll do the best I can.
Don't count on me being 100% accurate.

The VA library comes in the Enhancer 2.1 package. Looks like it might be just for RX cards, but don't hold me to that.

DVPlayer comes with the following libraries.
acvodec2.library
avdevice2.library
avfilter2.library
avformat2.library
avutil2.library
swresample2.library
swscale2.library

But waht everybody really wants to know is how fast does it play videos.
See the next post in this thread.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all
Ok, so what about the speed of DVPlayer?

Testing done on an X1000 with a ATI Radeon HD 7550 card.

Well, it's miles ahead of the old DVPlayer, that's for sure.

Unless I'm missing something it looks to me like the speedup comes from using yuv as the output format. This is the same as MPlayer and I believe Emotion.

In my testing of playing the same files of variing resolutions from 1280x720, 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 the new DVPlayer is about as fast as mickjt's mplayer. Emotion seemed to be a little bit slower but not much.

I used the following versions:(all purchased if required)

CPU Usage with a 1920x1080 mp4 video. 2801 bitrate. Not very demanding ===========================================================
MPlayer mickjT-1.01/1.20 ===> 51%
DVPlayer v54.4 ==========> 51%
Emotion v1.9 ===========> 58%

Summary:
Not the kind of performance as demonstrated with the A1222 with an RX card. On par with the best of the current video players.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
A quick test (only 3 films) done by one of the users showed DVPlayer is unable to play 4K vids ("unable to display") while Emotion play them OK.
My SAM440/HD7750 is waiting. 720p is OK for my needs but why RX owners gets more for the buck than SI owners? And why a bundle VA.lib with DVPlayer. If I'm forced to buy this library I prefer to buy it separately and then the Emotion...
...and in 2022, System54 (a new name for ES3.0 IMO;)) with the same library and DVPlayer,again.
Anyway, at least there is a confirmation, UVD for SI is in the works because pobably, we won't be able to use RXs in our little SAMs.

BTW. I'm a registered user of a previous DVplayer.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mr2

RadeonHD (SI) cards can only do hardware decoding up to 2K.
RadeonRX cards can do hardware decoding up to 4K.

The latest DVPlayer V54.x can playback 4K videos with a RadeonRX card and the Libs:va.library & Libs:VA/RadeonRX_drv_video.library driver .

DVPlayer V54.x is new work so a paid upgrade,either stand alone via AMIStore or possible as part of Enhancer v54.

Trevor has announced that purchasers of DVPlayer V54.x will be able to download the required xxx_drv_video.library driver
for RadeonHD (SI) cards .(Once it is ready for a public release I would expect)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mr2

VA Lib is an integral part of the Enhancer Software V2 and forthcoming V54 distribution. DvPlayer is part of V54 and the same ecosystem. To operate they all rely on the many years of work put into Warp3D Nova. As you can imagine, this software is costly to develop so thank you for purchasing DvPlayer and supporting development.

The UVD Southern Islands driver for VA Lib is working and we are beta testing to iron out the bugs. As soon as it is available, we will put it out on Updater utility.

On another side subject, did the InfoWB Polish catalogs work ? InfoWB now supports Shift+click and should be fully localised for Polish users.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Thank you for your purchase.

The team is working on more incremental DvPlayer updates which will be pushed out in due course on Updater utility.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@amigakit
Quote:
The UVD Southern Islands driver for VA Lib is working and we are beta testing to iron out the bugs. As soon as it is available, we will put it out on Updater utility.

The UVD Southern Islands driver is going to be as an update that comes with Enhancer 2 or with DVPlayer? So, who is going to get it? Can you please elaborate on this?

If the DVPlayer comes with V54, those who will buy it now, are they going to get a discount when V54 is available or they will for it again?

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero
Quote:
The UVD Southern Islands driver is going to be as an update that comes with Enhancer 2 or with DVPlayer? So, who is going to get it? Can you please elaborate on this?

I'm not Amigakit but I have updated to enhancer 2.1 and bought the new DVPlayer and here is what I observe from what has been said and looking at my system.

1. VA.library comes with Enhancer and requires a driver library that workd with specific famalies of graphics cards.

2. The "RadeonRX_drv_video.library" comes with Enhancer 2 and not DVPlayer.

3. Given the above I'm prettyu sure the "RadeonHD_drv_video.library" will be part of enhancer 2 and not come bundled with DVPlayer.

Quote:
If the DVPlayer comes with V54, those who will buy it now, are they going to get a discount when V54 is available or they will for it again?

4. It's unclear to me if DVPlayer will be bundled with System 54 in the future.

To me it doesn't matter if it comes with System 54 or not. I bought it now because I can see all the working going into develpment and I want to support it. Plus, it works a lot better than the old DVPlayer and is very usable as is. Having said that, I can't wait for the driver library to be released so it will make playing HD videos on our systems a non-issue anymore!

I'm pretty sure they aren't making huge sums of money, if any at this point, given that at least some of the development is paid development.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Spectre660

Quote:
The latest DVPlayer V54.x can playback 4K videos with a RadeonRX card and the Libs:va.library & Libs:VA/RadeonRX_drv_video.library driver

Could you give a link to even only one 4K movie that works with DVPlayer?

I tested about 10 films, e.g. this:

https://4kmedia.org/sony-fireworks-uhd-4k-demo/

I always have a result as in the picture. Dvplayer can not play it, although Emotion has no problems.

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mufa

Sam460ex + Radeon Rx550.

My favorite 4k test video is "Big Buck Bunny".
My dropbox link below .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8v ... 60p_30fps_normal.mp4?dl=0

Check to see if you have the following in your Libs: directory

acvodec2.library
avdevice2.library
avfilter2.library
avformat2.library
avutil2.library
swresample2.library
swscale2.library

Emotion uses these same files but they are in the Emotion directory for Emotion not Libs:

Edited by Spectre660 on 2021/10/19 22:33:52
Go to top
Re: DVPlayer 54.4 minor bugs and other info
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Quote:

Check to see if you have the following in you Libs: directory

acvodec2.library
avdevice2.library
avfilter2.library
avformat2.library
avutil2.library
swresample2.library
swscale2.library

If you those files in you Libs: folder, then possible Emotion is going to use them as well. This is because of the way AmigaOS search for the necessary libraries.

This might be a reason for possible fails of Emotion. Especially if there are serious differences on the ones that DVPlayer brings.

In my opinion, these files should be in DVPlayer folder, so to respect other programs, like Emotion.

Just have that in mind.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Preferably, they should all be located only in Libs:, and both programs should be able to use whatever is the latest version.

These are regular Amiga shared libraries, not those dumb .so libs.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Indeed.
The two sets of library files are currently identical.
Emotion works ok with them in Libs: .

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Spectre660
What do you mean they are identical? Same size, version and checksum?

@nbache
I agree and disagree with you. The AmigaOS way, in my opinion, is not "copy everything on libs, classes etc.". If the specific libs are released only with the specific software, and they are not available for anyone else to use them, nor they have available documentation for developers, then they should be only under the application they come with. Otherwise there are going to be conflicts and unknown situations with the software.

I don't blame anyone here.
That's at least my perspective, and I might be wrong.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

Under AmigaOS (at least < 4.0) and Windows (but not linux/unix and mac they have to have application specific path programmed into the application), OpenLibrary() handles it something like this.

If PROGDIR:libs exists then use the .libray files in there over those in Libs:, the system should consider the local .library files as specifik for the application (version has to be taken in consideration too), this is unless AmigaOS 4.x has f**ked up, it's for beta testning etc. Don't know how it is with sobjs but I assume it behaves in the same way. BTW: should work the same way with classes and gadgets too, uncertain about device.

... IMHO ....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trgswe
@walkero
@nbache

wrt sobjs (sorry for OT)

Since this dyncast related bug fix not long ago, (with the help of a foreign platform dev from the scummvm project, I might add - thanks goes to @lephilousophe once more) it became possible again to provide local builds of really big projects.

I was sceptical and reluctant to use the shared objects solution too, but it's a really smart way to use them actually, IF you keep following the rules.
Most importantly every dynamically build binary HAS to provide their own SOBJS directory with every shared object in it, that is used by the binary.
You won't ever have problems with error messages, we all know so well from early dynamically build apps, again.

I wrote a short arexx script to automate the installation of those shared libraries. It's part of scummvm, freely available for everyone to use, if anyone needs it.

For some projects, due to the OS' shortcomings regarding RAM, it's mandatory nowadays to use SOBJS and I'm glad to have it available, otherwise I would probably have switched to linux already and for good.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Yes.
Same size, version and checksum

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Spectre660
Wow... That's great. Then I guess there is no problem at all to have them in Libs.

Follow me on
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »