Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
YAM 2.9p crap installation of graphic files
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello Amigans¡¡¡

After about 3 years I come back to this Amigans forums.

I have AmigaOS 3.9 installed on my emulated Amiga 1200 with 68040 Accelerator on WinUAE.

The question is that I need and want YAM to send some message to AmigaKit in order that they can re-stablish my Amiga 1200 Tower system.I want to ask so they can bring me back the Amiga 1200 to Spain.I really need this AMiga 1200 that I want to play games and later if possible install a new Vampire 1200 accelerator card.And maybe some productivity.

OK,about YAM.I have installed about 3-4 times last days and it givs me the error that it must not load the images files.These files are crucial for the dirs of email received,pendant,etc...and in the configuration window too.

And when I want to send mail it is unable too.

I really don't know nothing,you?

Thank you

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: YAM 2.9p crap installation of graphic files
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

What is the exact error message?

YAM seems to start (since you stated you also couldn't send mails from it), so you should be able to use a different set of images from within YAM's settings (again, iirc i was using AISS back when YAM was still developed).

edit:

oh and welcome back

Edited by Raziel on 2021/9/29 13:04:17
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

The queston is: What version do you try to install?
YAM 2.9p1 or the latest NightlyBuild (which is highly recommended)?
https://github.com/jens-maus/yam/releases/tag/nightly-builds

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
OK I tried yesterday with Sgrab but no luck again

As the program needed jpeg library I downloaded but no luck anyway after installing the library.

What can I say? I really don't know

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Hello

Don't know really,how can I post a picture?

Thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Primax

My version is the one called YAM 2.9p

Apart from this I don't know how to attach or post a picture

Does anybody know this?

Thanks in advance

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

You could copy and paste the error message (but I guess there's a window coming up not able to c&p).

If SGrab is not working, you can try SnapIt...great program.

To embed pictures in your post you first need a place to have them stored online, either your own server/cloud or some online service, like PostImage.io

Then, once you have the url from your picture, you simply add this to your post:
[ img]url-to-your-pic[/img ] (drop the spaces)
See below:
Resized Image

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Sorry but I tried with postimage and I don't see any options to upload my grab

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Yeah, probably not very amiga browser friendly.

Try here instead

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

First of all thanks for the link,even if that doesn't work at first,I'm sure it could be fruitful in the future to share my pics or anyone interested.

My grab is IFF that's why I cannot upload I think at first glance.

Sgrab I believe it doesn't seem to operate well with JPEG or PNG fies.That's the reason why I choosen the IFF format

Any more ideas?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Have you tried SnapIt?

See my second previous post for the link.
If you get a png/jpeg out of that you could try to upload it to amigans.net (see my previous post).

If all of that fails you could do a photo from your screen and send it to me privately.
I'll try to help then and/or upload and post it myself.

Sorry for the hassle

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello again

Now that I have a correct jpeg file of YAM windows in spanish it seems I cannot or musn't post.

Sorry,I am stuck here

Any ideas why this uploading negative behavior?

I know it can be my fault but I don't know

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

See your PM

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Resized Image

Here is your picture.

Ok, the first thing i can see, is that no pictures are load at all from within yam.

Btw: the problem is not the incoming folder, it's just the last error shown.
You can see in the top window border that there are 50 errors (which I'm certain are all image loading faults)

I'm not on my miggy, so can't check what kind of images yam uses, but I take a wild guess and say they are png.

Could you follow the path that is shown in the error message and confirm they are?

The image loading is datatype based, which means, if you don't have a png descriptor/datatype installed, they will always fail to load.

You can try installing a png datatype from os4depot, either
http://www.os4depot.net/?function=sho ... datatype/image/jng_dt.lha
or
http://www.os4depot.net/?function=sho ... atype/image/warppngdt.lha
and see if that fixes your image problems.

EDIT:
Oh wait, you are using os3...you should go to ambient.net then and look for png datatypes.

Edited by Raziel on 2021/10/3 23:51:03
Edited by Raziel on 2021/10/4 19:43:07
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@MamePPCA1
If I am not wrong, AmigaOS 3.9 includes datatype for png. Please check it under devs/datatypes.

The emulated Amiga you use, it seems it doesn't use an RTG card, right? How much chip ram you have available? Is there a possibility that when you load Yam, the chip ram is too low, so the system cannot load the PNG images and fails?

If you open yam preferences, there is a themes section, where you can select to use lighter theme with smaller images. Maybe that helps as well.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Yes AmigaOS as you say may come with PNG datatype,but I had to install one from Aminet manually.

About the Chip RAM you asked it has 4 MB of Chip RAM+16 MB 32-bit Chip RAM.20 MB in total.And yes I don't use RTG on it but I want one RTG card but at this time I musn't be able to configure.To not see for example my backfrop so pixelated,that it sees great anyway.

Yes I will check the theme options on YAM configuration to test other themes that maybe suits my needs.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

As I see on my pirated AmigaOS 3.9 CD (I have the original buyed on 2015) there is no PNG datatype on the Amiga OS 3.9 CD.

About AmiSSL I have installed the latest 4.10 version that I downloaded some days ago and the previous worked this one I think not at least for the moment.

Any help is apreciated

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
> but I had to install one from Aminet manually.

Which one did you install? Do PNG images load using MultiView?

> About the Chip RAM you asked it has 4 MB of Chip RAM+16 MB 32-bit Chip RAM.20 MB in total

It doesn't matter how much you have in total. The chip ram is responsible for anything that is displayed. You have to check how much free chip ram you have when you open Yam. Although, if you don't have separate screens open and many apps loaded, I expect 4MB to be enough. I run Yam on my classic Amiga 1200 with 2MB of Chip RAM just fine, which you can see it working at https://youtu.be/BpKY32EOhrM?t=5230

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Nice to see my picture there above this post.

You managed to do it

Congratulations

EDIT: Doesn`seem too small for the users to see?

Can you posta link for the people to see on a larger size?

Thank you Raziel

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Sure, edited the post

Sorry about that.
Was posting from the smartphone and didn't realise the image being so small.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »