Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
47 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 47

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Emotion - the commercial version?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have tested the demo version of Emotion in my X5000, and it is far from perfect... It can run 720p videos slightly sluggishly but does not seem to work with any streams from net ('unknown format').

How does the commercial version differ from the demo? Are there any improvements in stability and speed? Can you run net streams (also live ones, and in m3u8 format)? What is the max video/stream resolution you can run smoothly and sound sync with picture in a X5000/20 equipped with a) r7 240 or b) HD 5450?

(Please do not advertise the RX cards as they are incompatible with PPC Linux and thus completely useless fo me!)

Go to top
Re: Emotion - the commercial version?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gregor

I have the commercial version and it works very well indeed, including with streams. However I should point out that the limitation for HD videos is the underlying graphics system, not Emotion. You need VA library support, and that is currently only for RadeonRX cards. With RadeonHD SI cards you get 480p in just about every supported codec, and some 720p videos, depending on code.

It does not seem to play MP3 streams, at least not for me. For that there is AmigaAMP3 or TuneNet.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Thank you for your answer!

> I have the commercial version and it works very well indeed, including with streams.

How does it behave with m3u8 multistreams? Does it just select automatically one resolution, or can you select it by yourself?

> However I should point out that the limitation for HD videos is the underlying graphics system, not Emotion.
> You need VA library support, and that is currently only for RadeonRX cards. With RadeonHD SI cards you get 480p
> in just about every supported codec, and some 720p videos, depending on code.

So, doesn't the graphics board and it's properties have ANY effect on the video performance? Do you get the exactly same performance from e.g. a HD 5450 with DDR3 and a R9 280X with GDDDR5, as neither of them has VA library support?

When looking at the performance test results for X5000 from HDRlab's pages, there seems to be only two categories what comes to the "Memcopy speed, RAM to VRAM", the lower group including all boards up to HD 6000 series, and the higher with HD 7000 and newer boards. Copying speed of the newer group (slightly over 500 MiB/s) is double of that of the older ones, independently what memory type is used on the boards. Doesn't even that difference have effect on the video performance?

> It does not seem to play MP3 streams, at least not for me. For that there is AmigaAMP3 or TuneNet.

Ok, that is not a big problem...

I noticed that Emotion can be purchased both via AmiStore and from Alinea. Is there any difference between those sources? Is the version the same, and can it be updated similarly if there will be newer versions? It would be easier to buy it from Alinea as AmiStore behaves sometimes unexpectedly, and I do not use Paypal...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I bought it directly from the devs as AmiStore never works properly

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
NinjaCyborg wrote:

Quote:
I bought it directly from the devs as AmiStore never works properly

worked for me back then? did you just try recently?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Could someone having the commercial version of Emotion please test whether 'Sportsdeutschland' videos and streams work with it...?

E.g. https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-e ... -meisterschaft-2021-tag-2

What resolution can you use smoothly with that site (X5000, with Radeon HD 5000/6000)? Does the link above work directly with Emotion, or do you have to dig someway the 'metalink' for it?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well that's a web page for a start so you'd be looking for the URL for the actual video stream, and the source is a blob stream which is a pain in the arse to rip so the answer probably is Odyssey with va.library might play it but emotion won't.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Gregor
As NinjaCyborg said, it is not possible for any player to play those videos based on the page url. It would need a script that takes that URL and finds the actual video URL, like what aiostreams do.

I had a look on that website, and seems doable to create such a script. The thing is that the videos are all 1080p, and without a Gfx card that supports va.library, it won't be able to play those videos in a good viewable speed.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
>s NinjaCyborg said, it is not possible for any player to play those videos based on the page url. It would need a script that takes that URL and
>finds the actual video URL, like what aiostreams do.

Hmm... I do not understand how those browsers which can show streams do the trick. Do they have a huge library of such scripts, hiding in some drawer?

>I had a look on that website, and seems doable to create such a script. The thing is that the videos are all 1080p, and without a Gfx card that
>supports va.library, it won't be able to play those videos in a good viewable speed.

Thank you for checking it! I tested also with Linux, and I was able to run a stream (https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-e ... belhorn-trophy-2021-tag-1 )in Spiderweb, but unfortunately the colors are wrong due to the endianess issue. BTW, are there nowadays any monitors which could 'fix' that problem by swapping colors, if needed?

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
> I do not understand how those browsers which can show streams do the trick.

The code of the website gives the necessary url to the embedded player they use. So, it is a matter of the website code to serve the video at the browser the right way.

External applications, like emotion need to have that url, but they do not have any connection with the webpage, nor they include browser capabilities to extract that url from the website code.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Indeed if you can extract the right link Emotion and VA.library can play.

https://cloudvodstreamer1.dosbnewmedia ... 092.json/index-v1-a1.m3u8

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
The URL for the video source is embedded in HTML5 video tags inside the web site HTML. The browser knows how to interpret these and send them to it's embedded player, on Windows, Mac etc. On Amiga there is much more limited embedded player, and it's generally better to play the stream directly in an embedded player, for which you need a script or to manually find the right URL. Good news for you is, Spectre660 has found the right URL

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Spectre660

>Indeed if you can extract the right link Emotion and VA.library can play.

>https://cloudvodstreamer1.dosbnewmedia ... 092.json/index-v1-a1.m3u8

Thanks... Unfortunately that was not the today's livestream from Nebelhorn Trophy but some older stream from Germany's Championships ;). How did you get it? There may have been a link for it on the Nebelhorn's page, if you just looked through the code.

But I tested it anyway with VLC in X5000 and it works... CPU load was smaller than I expected, even though it is 1080p.

I hope I can find the right link for Friday's stream... (https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-e ... belhorn-trophy-2021-tag-2)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gregor

View source, and search for the m3u8 URL

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor

Used "Replay Media Catcher 8" on Windows 10 to get the url.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

> View source, and search for the m3u8 URL

I already did, but there was not any m3u8 URLs visible. The code listing was wery short, BTW.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Spectre660

> Used "Replay Media Catcher 8" on Windows 10 to get the url.

Ah... That is no help for me as I don't use windows (never have ;). Is there a similar program for Linux?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Edited by Spectre660 on 2021/9/25 11:15:21
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Spectre660

Thank you very much!! No need to watch anymore the 'Vinean' version of Nebelhorn... ;). The stream works well with e.g. VLC 3.0.4 and 3.0.16 (but for some reason not with 3.0.12), and also with Mplayer of MintPPC.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor

Glad to be able to help.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »