Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Re: One more bounty to loan HW for amiga developer
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

i reply on your post on hyperion forum about booting on os4 on pegasos

*long command line is: (just because i dont like write Morphos on AmigaOS support forum)

boot ide:0 boot.img bootdevice dh(your partition name)
and will make morphos boot without problems.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey hey hey, I finally got it working! :P Thanks to everyone who made this possible. I'm posting this from the freshly installed OS4.
@tlosm
Thanks, I'll try to set up the dual booting later. Currently I have two machines to run MorphOS on, and I'm just happy that I FINALLY got AmigaOS4 up and running... Geez!

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

remember to do the 5 updates from (3 to 6) and after to run Amiupdate will be 60 more cominig in download :P
dont forgot to install the sdk ;) ;)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I just checked out the updates, and it turns out that the stock Peg2 OS4 install CD shipped with a buggy peg2ide.device. This explains the random write errors I got during installation. Now the Update1 disc doesn't have this problem, and it requires a full reinstall. I wish someone have warned me about this.. oh well I'm going to have an up to date system soon, and then I can start playing with it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

sorry i didnt know i start using the pegasos with 4.1.2 :P

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've done it again... The RAM arrived, I put it in, and it didn't work well. I've read at many places that older Pega2 revs are fine with 2x512 MB, if I use the same exact brand, type, etc. Nevertheless I got the usual memory corruptuon problems, crashes, random transfer errors, graphic glitches. Mind you both modules work fine by themselves.
Now I'm left with a slightly corrupted SFS system partition, and 512 MB RAM. I might try SFSDoctor on MorphOS. I know OS4 and MOS SFS are not exactly compatible, but I have to reinstall OS4 anyway, so I have nothing to lose. I have two questions regarding my little venture:

1) Does anybody have a Pegasos II Rev 2B3 compatible 1024MB DDR module lying around? I don't have the money and fortitude to weed though all the 128x4 high density junk on the net

2) What FS has the best revovery tools I could use for my system partition? FFS2?

edit: Meanwhile I tried SFSDoctor 1.1, and it fixed the block read error. Fortunately I used SFS\00 which seems to be compatible enough.

Edited by BSzili on 2013/12/7 13:09:59
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Epic thread necro time! Since I'm not really active in the OS4 scene anymore, I decided to sell the Pegasos II. If you have contributed to the funds, please send me a PM with your PayPal address and the amount, so I can refund you after I sold the machine.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
My one can be skipped like a small donation to your past work on dopus5 and game ports

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Thank you, that's way too generous. Of course it's up to the individual, but I prefer things to be transparent.

@Raziel
This doesn't mean I won't lurk here anymore, I just plan to sell the machine I no longer use. For many years when I had to test something on OS4 I used WinUAE, and this option will still be there.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

I happily donated and grateful for your many contributions & regular visits here with us crazy Amiga guys ! I understand why you sold the system and appreciate your honesty

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)