Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 89

flash, walkero, samo79, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 13 »
Re: MediaVault releases
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

The latest version no longer opens up AmiAmp.
No error, just brings up the station avatar and then nothing else.

The update check doesn't work either, suggests checking my network connection.
The older version is working fine still.

Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

It's working as described with the new changes. Thanks!

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@TiredOfLife
When you select a radio station the play button under the avatar should be enabled. You have to click on that to listen to the radio station starting AmigaAmp. Does that wor for you?

@Paul
I am glad it works well for you. Have fun with it.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

I don't see a play button but it is there.
If I click in the blank space below the avatar, I hit the button and AmiAmp launches.

Is this using MUI?
I ask because I'm having problems with that since the last update.

P.S The error with the update function has gone away today and the app confirms I have the latest version.

Cheers

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@TiredOfLife
No, it is not using MUI. It's plain reaction based.
If you don't see the icon, can you please confirm if you see the menu icons and if you have latest AISS installed (http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=graphics/aiss/aiss.lha)?

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

I reinstalled AISS and can now see the button.
Everything now good.

Cheers

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@TiredOfLife
That's awesome. Have fun with it.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Now that I am more confident that I can develop in MediaVault new features, I would like to introduce you a way to support it's development.

At my page at https://ko-fi.com/walkero I will set every time a goal of a new feature or improvements, described the best way I can, which you can help to achieve. As soon as this goal is fulifilled I will start working on it, and create the next one and let you know about it.

With your donations, not only you support MediaVault development, but 50% of the monthly/goal money will be donated to an other project, and 5% are donated to the ko-fi platform.

MediaVault will remain free for everyone to use and open source.

I hope you like this model of support and you will be happy with the results. Feel free to share with me your thoughts or if you agree or disagree.

Thank you all in advance for your support.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Sorry, can't open that page with Odyssey, it just sets up one of those captcha monstrosities which cannot be responded to its satisfaction.

Anyway, I just finally got around to installing and trying the program. Nice work indeed!

I really don't use online radio much, especially not on the Amiga (we do have a separate internet radio box in the kitchen and a tuner in the HiFi stack which can also receive them), but for the rare occasion where I do, it looks like a nice and simple to use tool.

Just one little remark: Why is Denmark not in the country chooser? If I search for Danish language stations, I do get a list with Denmark (and a few with Greenland) as country as expected.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@nbache
Thanks Niels so much for your kind words. Unfortunately, at the countries and languages select boxes I have a specific number of entries I can have shown, otherwise the list gets really long.

This is something I need to revisit at some point.

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

You could shorten the list and gather countries to Scandinavian, Benelux or even reduce it to continents?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

I see, I thought it might be something like that.

Yes, I'd like to see an improvement in that respect some time in the future when you get a chance.

Maybe you could have one of the options say "Others..." and then show a window with perhaps a list-tree kind of display with either the continents as top layer or the initial letters?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thanks guys for your proposals.
What I am thinking to do is to create a select box that will be able to have scroll bar or something else. But I prefer first to add some other features and then enhance the current ones.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Just a small update on the current development of the next version of MediaVault.

I managed to get my first API results from the Podcastindex.org online service. It was a little bit tricky, because I needed to find a way to encrypt some text, and get the current system time, and also work with UTC offsets, things that I never did before.

This service has a database of more than 4.2 million podcasts available for you to listen to, and looks like an awesome candidate for MediaVault. With so many episodes to choose from, I am sure you will never get bored.

Resized Image

The development continues because there is a goal to catch at my https://ko-fi.com/walkero. I would like to thank the people who already started supporting the further development of MediaVault, and donated.

And also to thank TSK and Andy Broad who helped me figure out some date issues at os4coding.net and IRC.

Thank you all so much. I am happy that MediaVault gets better and better so fast.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
MediaVault podcast support is one step closer.

I just managed to fill the list up with matching podcasts, based on the search term at the top. This means that I already managed to get the necessary data from PodcastIndex.org, parse them and show them in the list.

Next steps? A lot of work still to be done, like create a list of the podcast episodes, show podcast avatar at the right sidebar and make the selected episode to play with the audio player.

Interesting stuff ahead.

If you like what you see, and you want to help me succeed on my goal, you can support me at https://ko-fi.com/walkero

Resized Image

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Walkero, I downloaded 1.3.0 and have put it to use today playiing streams such as BBC and jazz stations. Works fine here on my X1000 and AmigaAmp.

Looking forward to podcast support. Your work is appreciated.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@mbrantley
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am also looking forward to complete the work on podcasts, because I love listening podcasts, and don't want to use other devices for that. Unless I am on the road :D

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

MV1.3.0

MediaVault error
There was an error with the returned data.
Please try again or check your network.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Start MV
2) Type "Piraat" into the name field (doesn't matter actually, but it won't take as long as only one station will come up)
3) Click once on the station
4) When the play button becomes available, click on it to start AmigaAmp and the radio
5) Wait until the stream plays and now click on either "Trending" or Popular"

It will *always* trigger this error which makes me belivee this is a bug.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Raziel
Thank you so much for this information. I will check this out and try to fix it.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
The development of the next version of MediaVault is going well and I hope it will be released by the time AmiWest will happen. Today I finished a big part of the required work on Podcasts support.

You can have a look of that new feature in a preview video at https://ko-fi.com/post/MediaVault-1-4-0-preview-I3I66EAUZ

I would like once more to thank all these people who support me and help me get that goal done.

Follow me on
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 13 »