Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Blog And Video About SketchBlock
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hi all,

Been a while since I did a SketchBlock Video, this time I've done a real time one, rather than a timelapse, occasionally people have asked for this so now you have 43 minutes of me painting some sweet peas to watch

Read about it and watch it here:

https://webplus.broad.ology.org.uk/blo ... enuyear=2021&menumonth=07

If you like what you see SketchBlock pro 3.4 is available from AmiStore or direct from myself (send me an email...)

Go to top
Re: Blog And Video About SketchBlock
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
The video is awesome... I wish I had half of your talent on drawing.
Well done Andy.

I wonder though, if you want to print it, how this can be done? Especially if you want to send a draw to a company to print it on canvas. Have you tried that?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

Actually I have sent images for printing. Here is one I got done last year.Resized Image

There is a postscript print in the Project Menu. The window that opens offers Postscript EPS or PDF

PDF is what I use to send of images to CD packaging printers etc , and also what I use to print directly via ftp on my hp m251n laser printer.

The page is set for default A4 portrait size (in points) but can be changed.

For the case of the picture aboth the website allowed up loading of a jpeg. I think I needed to use Chrome on an alternate OS to do it though.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I just checked the Postscript Print choice... This looks interesting. May I ask when this is exported what is the amount of dpi used? I don't see any way to change it, nor when I create a new image.

If I am am not wrong, when you need to print something, it would be great to export it in 300dpi and above. Is it possible to be set in SketchBlock?

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

In the first instance you should set your project size according to the number of pixels you need. You can never get more 'dots per inch' than this.

As an aside the number of people that have asked me for a 300DPI image without specifying the number of inchs make me despair.

SketchBlock prints out raw postscript or eps at maximum resolution. No pixels are discarded at thsi stage. Though it is downconverted from floating point to 32bit The resulting file is nearly allways too big for my Laser Printers memory!

The GUI script that wraps this functionailty uses ghostscript to convert to PDF with the /prepress option. This is the highest resolution "standard" PDF format and impliess 300dpi for colour and greyscale and 1200DPI for mono (not really relavent here).

The full command will look like

Ghostscript:gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite "-sOutputFile=RAM Disk:test.pdf" -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=842 -dQUIET -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -q T:sbps_58126

If you want to vary from this you can ofcourse save to Postscript and run your own tweeked version of the command.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Amazing! Such talent.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thank you Andy for taking time to explain it to me. Such info is always useful for me to understand how things are working. Much appreciated.

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Every few weeks i stumble into here and see a post from you and wonder what you can NOT do.

I never got kissed by a muse, must be because they all went to your place when you was a baby

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

This is awesome Andy. Thanks for sharing.

---
redfox

Go to top

Register To Post