Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: python3.8 AmigaOS4 in development
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:

Regard the unix. What do you mean with /T one level up? can you write me an example using existing functions?

With path translation on /T is unix for T: with it off it's the equivalent of unixs ../T thus if you are writing an amigaos program rather than a port you generally do not want lib unix enabled. So it's important it not be the default.

WRT to patching configure file you'll need to do that anyway to support multiple c libraries.

I never did a port where at least some degree of tweeking was required for it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

Quote:

Since SObjs aren't shared why even bother to use instead os static link? Or write wrappers to turn them into proper .library ?

For languages like python, perl and guile they enable you to do run time loading of modules and will work in exactly the way that those languages expect (most significant being that symbols are visible to all other plugins / modules)

Back with my first very early port of perl to OS4 we had no shared objacts yet and I created a simple library based plugin system. I did a port of perl SDL but ti didn't work properly as when I created game like Bubbles it couldn't see the SDL lib so I had to compile it into the submodule. That doesn't happen with proper dynamicly linked plugins.

For other apps, yes I somewhat agree, blender is dynamicaly linked for the python parts but also has library based plugins and many libs are builtin too.

Not every library converts to an amiga style shared library as well I you might like, they have a habbit of chnage APIs and also sharing data, C++ support is also more tricky.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

well, with latest clib2 changes if i find something that is breaking the configure i'll try to fix it into clib2. Indeed with python i've just added amigaos4 because i was cross compile. But for almost all unix ports i didn't touch any line in configure. However at moment clib2 is just internal because it can't work with actual gcc
I've patched it to use a different crtbegin and crtend like newlib and compiled with -fPIC otherwise it won't work.
Another problem (don't know if it is a real problem) is that the destructors are never called even if call InitSHLibs with FALSE as parameter. while constructors are called correctly.
And however it is better always to use the static version if dlopen/dlsym is not needed. Just to avoid those problems

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

A bit OT, but is it possible to make Blender for Warp3D Nova?

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

Indeed a very interesting question.
Blender3D is on of my favorite 3D Programs under AmigaOS4.1.
Andy did a really awesome job!!! Big Thanks for that.
Python3 is essential for a port of more resent versions of Blender3D.
The new features are incredible compared. Hope Andy would love to see a newer port too 😅. Shaders would be WOW!!!!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@afxgroup

When python 3.8 is out, will some modules like TK be available ?

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Porting a GUI widgets layer whether TKinter, FLTK, WxWidgets, or any other is a bigger job than porting Python itself. Qt is the only one AFAIK anyone has even attempted to bring to Amiga natively. Heck, it's demonstrably less work to port x11 and then run the toolkits on top of that as AmiCygnix proves. So I'm afraid the answer is probably no.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

I'd really like to see a modern native wxWidgets port. I think there was an old 2.6 version, but I'm not sure how complete it was. There is something for it in AmiCygnix as well, but then we go through X11. wxPython would be cool.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Me too. But a lot of work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Very off topic yes.

Maybe if I had time to experiment with a build against gl4es instead of minigl.

How much beneft there would be from that I really don't know.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SinanSam460

Quote:

@afxgroup

When python 3.8 is out, will some modules like TK be available ?

If you want to build python scripts with GUIs then my ProAction is the best bet on AmigaOS4. It's free too.

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... ry/reaction/proaction.lha

Heck if your really really keen / insane you can actuall use blender a GUI system.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any news here?

@NinjaC0yborg
Is there any website where we could inform on the progress of developing Python 3 of the team...?

@afxgroup
Any current status information available about your approach?

Thanks!

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Unlucky i have no great time at moment (and also 40° doesn't help..). I have my clib2 fork that is working well (even if they needs to be tested deeply) but the project at moment is private.
I didn't recompile python3 recently but should compile it without any problem. BTW latest newlib changes should help its compilation a lot. So maybe it worth a try at least since newlib is more tested than my clib2

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@afxgroup

Where to get newlib changes? I thought that stuff is kept private for OS4 insiders clique only

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

they will be relased. I suppose. There are a lot of new interesting changes and fixes. But don't ask me when.. We are in the amigaland

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@afxgroup

Insiders only clique, exactly.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup
Thanks for the information!
Please keep on going. Python 3 would be really a great achievement. And tell us/me if we can anything do to encourage you so you are no longer tired...;)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

The big benefit would be the ability to use Rx cards with complex shaders etc. (unfortunately not radeons OpenCL - AFAIK ROCm ( I think they changed the name and where the source is located again!), opensource AMD claims but it really isn't- system) this would speed up stuff like previews and renders quite a bit...

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)