Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 »
Re: OS4 UPDAAAATEE !!! BANANA !!
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@salass00

Thanks for that, I thought I was going mad:)

It's now fixed in the database, so the recurring update should not happen any more.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@CassQuote:
After a while it froze and when I tried to use the second tab, showed the same text on both tabs (issues regarding the console buffer, DOS functions or else?).

That sounds more like the console has locked up and is not updating the gfx.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cass

Quote:
2. The mouse pointer is jerky and stalls (should never happen and be responsive) when things happen (like delete/copy files, opening tabs in Odyssey etc).

Woah!!!

I got that using a PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard on my MicroA1. I opened a tab in Odyssey which displays approx 8 panels on my screen. Mouse pointer was very jerky as I moved it over those panels. These appear to be my "topsites://" that I have visited recently with Odyssey.

Can't seem to make it happen again.

I'm currently back on Update2 kernal checking a few things.

So far no issues with my two USB devices ...
Lexar JumpDrive USB stick formatted for FFS2 (longnames)
Kinston DataTraveler USB stick formatted for FAT whatever.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Wow!!!

Just for the fun of it, I opened a New Window in Odyssey and my machine froze solid. No GrimReaper or any other messages. Only recourse was reset the machine. Lucky it still responded to Ctrl Alt Alt on my keyboard.

Of course, I couldn't duplicate that one either.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

I tried to post another reply with Odyssey. Submit button stuck in. Snowflakes falling. Tried to quit Odyssey and mouse froze again.

Reset. Trying to post this one again.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Getting a hard freeze when playing video files on fresh Update 2 install with only the X5000 ethernet driver and RadeonHD driver added. Does not produce any crash logs on debug kernel and debug RadeonHD driver via serial. The whole system just freezes and I have to restart.

Can someone test a video file in the Emotion player demo from os4depot, press lots of buttons and randomly skip around the video and see if they get the same?

X5000 with Radeon R270

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

My experiments are done. I have shut off my SWAP partition and moved back to Update1 kernal.

Running Udate1 kernal, at least all my web browsers have a chance to do what they are supposed to do.

Running Update2 kernal, only two of my six web browsers work properly.

AWeb 3.5.12 works fine for its age.
IBrowse 2.5.3 is currently my best web browser for Update2 kernal.

Perhaps, it is Amiga.org that sets up the other web browsers for failure. There is definately something wrong with Amiga.org ...

---
redfox

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@redfox

Jerky mouse pointer in NetSurf usually happens when bitmaps are being displayed or scaled or something (not entirely sure what the root cause is but it's graphics related). Setting "cache native versions" to "all" might help.

I've also seen it when graphics mem is very low.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I can confirm the network lockups reported earlier in the thread.

Sam 460ex using built in ethernet - if I try to load youtube, for example as a heavy website, in any browser, the transfer locks up around 500KB transferred and depending on the browser either times out or just leaves it hanging forever. From that moment on, all new network requests fail.

If, once that error has occurred, I do a ping 8.8.8.8, I get an error about a buffer being full. Similarly, If I try to tear down the network interface, for example with a "removenetinterface PPC460EX_ETH force" then that also locks up, rather than succeeds as it normally does. I then need to do a reboot, although at least the new soft 'restart amigaos' is sufficient to clear the problem.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Yes, setting "cache native versions" to "all" does help.

My system is a MicroA1. Onboard ATI Radeon 7000 graphics chip with 32 MB of graphics memory.

Yes, mouse pointer gets very jerky when graphics memory is very low.

Thanks so much for your help.

Removing my Workbench background picture provides some more graphics memory. Also changing screenmode from 32 bit colour to 16 bit colour helps a bit as well.

Results with above changes and Update2 kernal on my MicroA1 ...

NetSurf ... Avoid Amiga.org ... Amigaworld and Amigans are ok.
Odyssey ... ok now on all three websites, but watch graphics memory.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Cass

Quote:
2. The mouse pointer is jerky and stalls (should never happen and be responsive) when things happen (like delete/copy files, opening tabs in Odyssey etc).

same here under heavy CPU loading mostly Odyssey related or copying/unarchiving !
My USB mouse became unresponsive, slows down and jerky so I revert back to original kernel and all is fine again.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Thanks for your help Rigo!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

So I was working fairly well with Update2 kernal and some prefs changes, then I got the "hanging forbids" message of doom while copying from Multiview to NotePad.

So I rolled back to Update1 kernal, rebooted, launched Odyssey and got the "failed to allocate xxxx bytes" message of doom while typing this reply in Amigans.net

Rebooted again, same thing when I tried to post a reply in Odyssey on Amigans.net.

Powered off and on and now typing this reply now using IBrowse 2.5.3 ... no issues so far.

Is Odyssey having issues with those *&%^ snowflakes at Amigans.net ?

I don't really want to format my SYS: partition again.

---
redfox

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
I was told by Hyperion that I can share that news so:

Frederik (salas00) find out and fix the issue in the kernel which leads to all those disturbing issues of late, i.e. those as:

- freezing when using browsers
- mouse/stalls freezes
- networks stalls (especially on SAms)
- strange behaviors of simple mail when placing icons on wb
- issues with "priorities/tasks"
- hanging forbid on exit
- random lockups/crashes on running/exit apps
and so on.

That all will be available pretty soon in the hotfix update (i didn't know the exact date, but I assume few days or a week maximum). The hotfix will also contain some more fixes (not in the kernel area) in newlib, dox, text clip handling, etc, but the kernel one is one that is really important.

So for now those ones who have issues of such kind just switch back to the kernel from update1 and wait for a hotfix which should be out very soon.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is awesome news!

It's certainly me being thick but when you talk about reverting to the update 1 kernel, do you just mean overwriting the sys:Kickstart/kernel file with the one from update 1? Whenever I try this, I get stuck on the "AmigaOS 4.1 loading" screen.

cheers

billy

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
That all will be available pretty soon in the hotfix update

Fantastic! A small donation to Fredrik on the way.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@billyfish

Quote:
do you just mean overwriting the sys:Kickstart/kernel file with the one from update 1?

I overwrote all files in the Kickstart directory with the old ones. Worked well. As I'm on an X5000, I had to copy Kickstart files from both the OS4.1FE Pre-Release CD and the Update 1 archive.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@trixie
Have in mind that if you replaced all the Kickstart components with the old ones, if you apply the hotfix, you will need to copy again the newer kickstart components from the Update 2, because hotfix will not have all of them.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Sure thing

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
That seems like a hardware dependent thing, here with A1XE I haven't noticed anything wrong with just putting the update 1 kernel in.

Which makes sense if the "effects" for the last year kernel are varied, too.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 »