Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Re: VIM the editor
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Finally, scrollbars. There's no end to the number of scrollbars if you do a lot of window splitting. It's probably the most scrollbar intensive application on Amiga

The vertical ones are enabled by default. If you'd like an horizontal one as well enter 'set go+=b' (or use the menu, but that's not very vimmy).

A test build can be found here:

https://github.com/sodero/MUI-Vim/releases/tag/8.2.2121

Still some AROS/Zune quirks to sort out before it ends up on Aminet. Seems to work great on OS4 though.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sTix

Oh cool! Tested! Scrollbars work for sure but probably have some moments (if I got it right).

To reproduce what I mean :

1). open any text. All fine, scrollbar here, works.
2). open a new tab and open any text in it.

Now, it is expected IMHO, that scrollbar will be only one visibly for the only the active tab. But instead, we have 2 scrollbars, for each tab, even if active only one.

Even if you drag the scrollbar of the invisible tab, it then jumps back to the original position once you switch to the previously inactive tab.

In other words, IMHO, the only scrollbar of the active tab should be visibly, not all of them. See what I mean (press open in new tab for full-size):

Resized Image

PS. Native MUI tabs will be very cool as well :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for reporting this! I haven't noticed this since I never use tabs. I'll look into it. It's not the MUI part that decides what to show / hide. The behavior is a bit strange though, I must make sure that the GUI 'obeys' orders. I'll compare with gvim on some other platform and see what I come up with. If it works for them it should work for us

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Yep, it works as expected (in the desired way that you described above) on Windows. I'll do some digging.

Edited by sTix on 2020/12/10 8:41:56
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok, it could be that I need to implement tabs as well to make this work as expected. I'm going back into the dark pits of the Win32 GUI to try to understand how this is supposed to work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sTix
I am not in coding that much, but as far as I remember TABS for mui4 and up to something more or less easily from the code side. Thore in aos4 distribution made a tests case with source code included as far as I remember, and he always open to any questions about :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

The MUI part is straight forward. The challenge is Vim itself

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Finally tabs are working. It was a bit more work than I expected. I haven't done the MUI tabs yet though but this is a good start. You can find a build on GitHub, it's also in the Aminet upload queue.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sTix

Tried that one which 8.2.2148, sorry being dumb but didn't see any differences with the previous one :) The same look of tabs, same many scrollbars on one screen :)

Maybe 8.2.2148 is the wrong one?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

2148 is definitely the right one. Are you sure that you're not running the old one by mistake? What does it say if you go <esc>:version? I need to double check that the 8.2.2148 archive really is what it says it is.

I tested it on a vanilla 4.1FE configuration. Are you using something else?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sTix
Rechecked, and I downloaded Vim 8.2.2121 instead! Strange, I was sure I got from SourceForge right one :)

Anyway, grab one from Aminet, and this time is the correct one.

And yes, tabs definitely works now as expected: every tab have its own scroll bar :) Now only to put MUI tabs instead ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Indeed, the Sourceforge link pointed to the wrong release for some reason. I don't know why. It could be because I messed around deleting tags a.s.o. Nevertheless, great that it works for you. MUI tabs next, it won't be next week though :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sTix
Only now noticed that you deal also with plain-shell "vi" colors, so the shell version now also the best one, and I can no use any older versions of vi in the shell as well, thanks!

Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

You're welcome.

Go to top

Register To Post