Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: X5000 No Longer Booting OS4!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Given the price of the X5000, it should go without saying that the sales of the machine be coupled with top-notch service.

This machine was purchased from AOTL so that should be the first port of call for after-sales support.

Once we are back from Christmas holidays we can also help (we are taking some time off from work with our families).

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AcillClassics

As has been stated the strange part is also that morphos boots just fine, ...
Is there something (envar? in uboot) which morphos ignores or doesn't affect morphos? Something like aos4_ddr_controller (there probably isn't anything called that) do a printenv (you should be able to do it when booting to morphos)

Noticed that your log doesn't mention the ddr controller?

but the other logs mentioned states ddr controller is set to cache lines.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@AcillClassics
Is there a possibility that the hard drive is broken? If you boot to MorphOS , can you see hard drive's contents? This should be possible if it is formatted using SFS or FFS.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
AOS4.1 drive is formated NGFS, so no cant get to it under MorphOS, and I remove the 4.1 drive and replace it with a MorphOS drive.

As I said, I put it away for now and will revisit it after I get back February 6th from Australia.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
This machine was purchased from AOTL so that should be the first port of call for after-sales support.

Of course, whoever is responsible for the sale should provide the service.

Quote:
Once we are back from Christmas holidays we can also help (we are taking some time off from work with our families).

Christmastime is generally a bad time for your computer to choose to play up!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AcillClassics

Replace the dvd burner with the aos4.1 drive
Boot into morphos and check what tool mophos has for harddrives it should at least see the drive and see the partions (even if it states it can't read them), right?

and if both drives are in there which drive does it attempt to boot from, if you select to boot from aos4.1 but it boots morphos it is indictative thatbthe aos4 drive is in bad shape (me thinks)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@beanbandit

Drive shows up just fine to format it if I boot from MorphOS, I have said all along I can boot perfectly from MorphOS and the machine works as expected. Over on amiga.org someone recommended a Radeon HD 5450 card. I found a new one on Amazon and will try it, just cant now since it won't be delivered before I leave for my work trip to Australia on Jan 2nd.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So once again, by pure magic, it works again. I did nothing other than had it off for a couple of days. I just got my Radeon 5450 in and tried it, booted right up. Put my Polaris 11 card in again, booted right up. I just don't understand this machine sometimes?!

I am not joking, I did nothing other than power it off a couple of days, swap cards (keeping in mind I had been swapping cards before the 5450 came in), and Poof, it works.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AcillClassics

Makes me wonder if its heat related.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AcillClassics
As a fellow X5000 owner, I'm happy you got it working again!

Only once in 4 years time my X5000 shut down and that was on a very hot summer day,
so the MCU overheat warn works at least.

You said you had yours disconnected and then reconnected to mains and it didn't work right?
But then suddenly it works again makes me wonder too like @LiveForIt if something like a cold solder joint somewhere is the problem.

Edit: I understand that you bought it as a complete system and not just the motherboard to build it yourself right?
If I where you I would check that there isn't an "extra" standoff mounted in the case behind the board.
Just speculation, but I was extra carefull with that when I built my own X5000 since a friend of mine had done that mistake on his PC build.
And why I do suspect this is the change of gfx cards(push, pull).

Edited by khayoz on 2020/12/31 2:01:48
Edited by khayoz on 2020/12/31 2:08:51
1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Plenty of cooling in this system. It was also off before this, so no chance for it to overheat at all.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AcillClassics

I can relate a bit. I had my machine in storage for about a year. When I pulled it out it would either lock hard during the loading of OS4 or crash after a few minutes. I think... it was related to the video card as I pulled it cleaned excess dust around fan and heat sink.(The area I had stored some dip-shit contractors had cut tile before asking me so lots of dust, my Mustang convertible top was down 200$ to clean).

After cleaning video card no issues. I wonder if you pulling cards in and out might have cleaned up some dust or improved fans. Reason I suspect video is not sure if MorphOS uses same underlying mechanism and maybe the power consumption of the AmigaOS drivers caused more heat and the video card to fault forcing your reboot cycle. Seems was source of my issue.

Regards
Doug

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)