Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 96

walkero, MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 12 »
Re: OS4 UPDAAAATEE !!! BANANA !!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Update...

Originally, I simply applied the update directly to my existing system ...
AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1 + Enhancer Software v1.5

Clock and Format reverted back to OS4 versions plus changes to startup-sequence and kicklayout.

After some consideration, I decided to do a clean install to get rid of any zombies that might be lurking in my system.

Quick format of SYS: followed by install of FE followed by FE Update 1 followed by FE Update 2.

I had to update AmiSSL, NetInterface, startup-sequence, user-startup and my AmiDock config.

I will let the system soak for awhile before reintroducing any Enhancer Software.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

Do you have DDR_Boost enabled in your Sam460 UBoot settings ?

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@SinanSam460

Ddrboost = 0 in Ranger. Should mean disabled, I presume.

Edit: after reinstalling both Update 1 and Update 2 the machine seems stable.

Edit 2: uptime was over 4 hours, but after some browsing I got the Ethernet stall again. Reverted to Update 1 kernel.

Edited by arfcarl on 2020/12/24 21:20:19
Edited by arfcarl on 2020/12/24 21:59:54
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Having the ethernet stall now on Sam460ex.
Reverted the kernel to the update 1 version.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any PCI-E 1x NIC working in Sam460?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
X5K owner here... and yes have an Enhancer based X5K.

Update went overall good, so far.

As expected my clock came up huge... so if I want enhancer clock again I need to fix that.

Wookie Chat for me died... I may try to make a new copy and try it again but out of the shoot it gives me a GR.

Other than that, sound, internet, basic browsing, music, video playback... the basics I use are all OK so far.

Nicely done and happy to be up to date.

Maybe this will rekindle some excitement again for me with Amiga OS 4 as I have felt down about it for a good year plus now... and looking forward to good times again if that is in the cards.

TJ

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaSociety

I had the same issue with the Clock..
Run the Updater utility and find that there is a Clock update...and two others..

update and reboot.

issue fixed.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@arfcarl

What's wrong with the built in ethernet?

I am using an atheros5000 based 3Com wifi card but it's full length (but i have been looking at PCIE to PCI adapters since it's low profile) to see if I could put it in the PCIE slot.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Skateman
But to note, with an overwritten clock from OS by Enhancer one, you will have issues with Datetime dockie freezes if want to change time in. Not that it often needs to do, but just to show that there no big need to overwrite system components only because they may look better visually.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I think that the Update 2 overwrites the "Enhancer" clock...and by using the updater tool, it reverts back to the clock i was using "Enhancer". Same happened with two other components.

Anyway.. for now i will keep it this way. When problems occur i can always do a clean install.

Thanks for the tip!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Really I don"t kmow why enancher overwrite os4 apps.
With e bit of fantasy you can name enancher clock in "eclock" and so on..

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@flash
Probably they think that there will be no os4 updates released in the public anymore, so they try to pretend as successors. But that plain bad even if take that into account. Who they are, to name system components the same name, and more of it, using the same theme in versioning, to create a mess for everyone?

I mean what the problem to be creative and tactful to say at least, and call them "eformat", "eclock", "etime", just like you say. And use their own versioning schemes like v1.xx or something. But they use 53.x! Just like system ones and overwrite their components!

Even if take into account there will be no anymore any os4 updates, it still was bad and smells bad. And everyone in the beta team of the Enhancer says to Mattew it is wrong and bad. For me, it smells even a little bit rotten. Like you steal the original name, original version, and some other authors (who know how good they are) overwrite system components.

The bad thing is that does not matter what Mattew will continue that mess-fest with system components :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

What's wrong with the Sam460 built in ethernet is that it sooner or later locks up for me using Update 2 kernel. It's stable with Update 1 kernel.

Ping stops, after a while it outputs "No buffer space available, return -1". Solved by reboot of the machine (ctrl + alt + alt). Reboot of the OS (Ctrl + amiga + amiga) is not enough.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

Weren't you able to deal with the "copy+paste" bug? I mean was it CPU_Watcher for you as well, or issue still here?

Also about that "system lock up 50% of time initiating any delete with AsyncWB": can you use Serial debugging (so attach a serial cable to some PC with putty, and grab the output when crash).

Or better, can you spend some time, and find out some 100% reproducible way, so I can try to reproduce it on my side, and then create proper bug -reports, and then things will be fixed and _maybe_ if all well delivered via AmiUpdate?

And as the last one about those missing disks. The USB ones or internal HDD ones, and of which filesystem. That need to know as well, so to investigate more about, and find out the way to fix.

@All

There can be issues with a new kernel, of course. But also, there can be a lot of issues in all other components, which bugs arise now when the new kernel starts to have some good changes and rewrites.

Let's collect all the bugs/issues, we can then report them properly, and if all going well they may deliver fixes via AmiUpdate. While I do not know what their plans of course, but I do know that I can report bug reports to Bugzilla of os4 so they will be there and not forgotten.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Good Idea to collect bugs!

I found an issue with the notification system. Would be nice to check it on your systems (i just installed the update over my existing system).

If i remember right, the settings for the new notification should be placed in the GUI Prefs. But no setting found here. Would be nice to make it less ugly blue ;)

Note: Notification Prefs is available in Prefs but it is the old Ringhio one and does not work. So for future it also would be nice to remove it and the wbstartup entry for it too.

Beside this, the uptate works well on my X1000, thanks all involved for the release!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I wonder why the newest NGFileSystem was not included into the update.. afaik X1000/X5000 users have it since beginning so as a component i believe it isn't in beta anymore .. but it was never released for all machines .. (Sam4x0 users for example)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
On my Sam460Ex :

Got an error : When I open format tool, then I can't close the window because all my system crashes.

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Samo
NGFS wasn't released for all machines i do not know why, but it was discussed and it was done for reasson. NGFS will be later updated only for X5000 if i remember well.

@pesudaox
Quote:

Got an error : When I open format tool, then I can't close the window because all my system crashes.

Enchancer one or system's one coming with OS ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Just chiming in after a long disappearance to say Update 2 has been applied to my X1000 and so far so good, no issues. I did update on top of an Enhancer 1.5 install so no doubt the official OS programs overwrote any other programs that foolishly may have been given the exact same names and paths. If I decide to add back any of those (probably not) I will give them new names.

Not certain if it's a placebo effect, but it *seems* my X1000 is more stable after the update. But time will tell.

My Sam440ep in the sweet Relec case has been sitting idle for years now, but I think I will dust it off and do a clean install of OS4.1FE Update 2 onto it.

Thanks, guys, for the Christmas surprise.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
'Clocker' and 'Formater' (sic) lol

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 12 »