Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 12 »
Re: OS4 UPDAAAATEE !!! BANANA !!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@NinjaCyborg
Quote:

but did anyone bother to test it? In first half an hour of usage:

Of course, no one test it. We just pack the files and upload them without testing. That what you think for real ?:)

Quote:

1) system lock up when pasting from CLI to clipboard
2) system lock up 50% of time initiating any delete with asyncWB

Please, can you make a proper bug report so any of us can reproduce it? You can be sure I use shell a lot, especially copy+paste from shell to clipboard back and forth in all directions.

By proper bug report, I mean saying how exactly to reproduce a problem. Saying "it's all bad, not works, lockup" is not a proper bug report and will not help.

Quote:

3) on bootup, often a random one of my disks will be missing. need to reboot, or rather, restart amigaos, to make it come back

Are they USB? Real HDD? What filesystems? That can happen for sure, depend on X/Y, but need more info.

Quote:

4) Ami Update is still a piece of shit

Didn't you mess it with Updater? :)

And anyway, why you so harsh? Don't you think we all spend a gazillion of our time to make all this, test and release?

And it's in end quite usual thing, that once updates out ppls found some issues, dealing with new stuff, etc, but after a while, everything comes to be good again.

@PEB
Quote:

If I let the system boot up normally, all network connections are lost (I'm guessing that DEVS:NetInterfaces is failing) after about a minute. I can get the network to work again only if I do a hard reset (even a soft reset doesn't help), but then it's gone again in about a minute.

I didn't have that of course but be sure that:

1). you test all without installed Enhancer first
2). you didn't modify before startup-sequence (but if you did, there were new startup-sequence, check for backup one in the same directory, and add missing bits in)

@sTix
Quote:

I'm still a bit confused by how the enhancer pack fits into the picture though. Is there anything in the enhancer pack that adds value / doesn't break things? Can I trust the enhancer pack installer for cherry-picking or do I need to do this manually?

I go for manually of course. Because if install it automatically, it will mean replacing some system components and adding some really bad components (like logviewer.datatype, which slow viewing of some files A LOT), or like replaced sound, which will make then you lose initial sound settings. Or like installing clipviewer/etc, which you may not need, and which may in one in another way cause new issues.

So firstly clean install of update2, then check/test everything for some days/week and only then, component by component install manually things from Enhancer and only those which you need. I can recommend installing for sure those ones: RadeonHD or RadeonRX (depend on what one you have) Warp3DNova, Ogles2.library, Exchanger, Multiviewer and Multiview & network onboard driver. Maybe you can also play with X-Dock, but AmiDock is better IMHO. For sake of fun CANDI can be installed too, but not that of important, maybe have some issues. Tunenet is buggy quite much still (quite often just freezes and crashes). AmiPDF was a bit updated, but really a bit, VPDF port from morphos is far better by the support of PDF and speed. But that me and IMHO :)

Edited by kas1e on 2020/12/24 6:03:38
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
THANK YOU to all involved and have a very nice and Healthy Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Spectre660

system was perfectly stable under update 1. now i can't even delete files in workbench without fearing a lockup.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yesterday i downloaded update 2 i ran into problems having also installed Enhancer 1.5 but this is not a problem i will do a clean install again.
Even if I use winuae I just wanted to ask this because in the changelog I didn't find anything in the "device" section
It seems that G-REX is no longer supported if I select G-REX as PCI no more "sb128" audio is detected and even the RTL8029-PCI network.
But if I use MEDIATOR everything works.
Not a problem this I just wanted to know if G-REX is no longer supported.
I did a clean install with MEDIATOR and everything works

do you know if G-REX is no longer supported because I didn't find anything in the changelog?
Thanks

separate note:
with update 1 G-Rex it worked

SOLVED
sorry i solved,
the startup-sequence is modified by update 2
it was enough to add again:
C: BootLoader COMMANDLINE = "Grex NoRamPager NoDiskPager"

Edited by white on 2020/12/24 9:16:32
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
HOLY LORD miracles do happen at Christmas !!!

.....wait...we're not even close to April so wowy wow thanks to all invloved for this great Christmas surprise gift

btw, can we please move away from this Update 1, 2 etc stuff.....OS4.2 much cleaner and easier eh

Edited by 328gts on 2020/12/26 15:25:18
mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just updated my AmigaOS4 Final Update1 with enhancer installed. One thing I noticed is my custom additions to the workbench context menues were gone. Had to copy the ContextMenu.cfg file from my back over to SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive directory.

Odyssey seems to be very unstable on amigans but I think that's more due to the animated snowflakes than the update. If I disable Javascript it's not as unstable.

@NinjaCyborg
I tried replicating some of the issue you mentioned you were having, at least as best I could from your description, and I didn't see any of the problems you were describing. If you could give some step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem I could try again.

I'm running on an X1000.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@white
I am really not sure about GRex support. I will try to get some info on this for you and be right back.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero
thank you very much,
I solved
the startup-sequence is modified by update 2
it was enough to add again:
C: BootLoader COMMANDLINE = "Grex NoRamPager NoDiskPager"
now everything works

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Or maybe its enough to just improve diskimage device, so it can have ability to "repack" to the ISO. Or maybe some programm based around diskimage device which will give ability to create ISOs.

mkisofs will create ISOs without too much trouble. I have a script for creating rescue disks with it.

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... =utility/misc/mkisofs.lha

It probably wouldn't be too hard to create a front end with ProAction / python or REXX.

The bigger issue is writing them to disk. MakeCD works and is free.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks alot! I'll start with a clean install + graphics drivers and then I'll be very picky about what I cherry-pick.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sTix
If you have Radeon RX you may have hard times: there no RadeonRX lite driver in the OS4. So you need to modify install ISO to add Radeon RX driver + add kick layout line.

If RadeonHD, then all fine, you will have a lite driver (limited to 1024x768), which you can replace just by copying RadeonHD 3.7 driver over old lite on in sys: kickstart/ and reboot (then screen mode, check 1920x1080 here, if not, choose "detect automatically" or add mode manually, all in screen mode prefs).

After that warp3dnova, warp3d SI (for old warp3d/minilg, not part of Enhancer), and ogles2.library, and so on.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

An OS update can put extra stress on your machine and components . Especially one with an updated kernel.
If no one else seems to have this problem then it is likely that the issue is being cased by some factor in your configuration. Either hardware or software .

From personal experience the following issues have caused my Sam460ex to experience instability at one time:

(1)Filesystem Maxtransfer setting incorrect.
(2)CPU fan disconnected .
(3)Graphics Card not properly seated.
(4)Defective power supply .

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I updated, but it was barely usable.
I put
Quote:
kernel 53.89 (28.11.16)
AmigaOne version

back. Now it multitasks more like I prefer it, either respecting priorities better or however.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic
Quote:

I updated, but it was barely usable.

More information and step-by-step reports need it, so I can report it back to kernel devs. As well as what hardware and co

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

So I noticed with "v54" that any music playback was cu-t when browsing with Odyssey. Eventually I noticed simply loading this thread and pressing home/end in the context was more than enough. - The first time I thought I was running low on RAM, that's how weird this is. So the music would resume after a split second.

750FX CPU, 512 MB RAM, these:

Quote:

> pciscan
## Vendor Device Vendor name Description
01 0x10CC 0x0660 Mai Logic Incorporated Articia S Host Bridge
02 0x10CC 0x0661 Mai Logic Incorporated Articia S PCI Bridge
03 0x10B7 0x9200 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado]
04 0x1106 0x0686 VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South]
05 0x1106 0x0571 VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE
06 0x1106 0x3038 VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller
07 0x1106 0x3038 VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller
08 0x1106 0x3057 VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI]
09 0x1106 0x3058 VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 AC97 Audio Controller
10 0x1106 0x3068 VIA Technologies, Inc. AC'97 Modem Controller
11 0x1095 0x3112 Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3112 [SATALink/SATARaid] Serial ATA Controller
12 0x1319 0x0801 Fortemedia, Inc Xwave QS3000A [FM801]
13 0x1319 0x0802 Fortemedia, Inc Xwave QS3000A [FM801 game port]
14 0x1002 0x5961 Advanced Micro Devices, RV280 [Radeon 9200]
15 0x1002 0x5941 Advanced Micro Devices, RV280 [Radeon 9200] (Secondary)

PS/2 keyboard (right now) and some USB hub where the "actual" keyboard is attached. Mouse in rear USB port.
edit: playback on FM801, AC97 untested.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

Just just had a lock up with a copy and paste operation so looks like you may be correct about the update having possible issues.

Edit : Cant duplicate when booting with a clean AmigaOS FE Update 2 with no 3 party programs loaded.

Edited by Spectre660 on 2020/12/24 14:47:33
Edited by Spectre660 on 2020/12/24 14:48:18
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

Tracked down my issue with text copy in the shell to a third party program called CPU_Watcher version 0.7 .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre
I am sure NinjaCyborg says he install everything on absolutly clean setup without 3d party apps :)

@NinjaCyborg
Are it indeed was fully clean setup in your tests, i.e. format system, then FE, then update1, then update2 ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

I have a Sam460ex (1,15 GHz) with similar problem(s); the network interface freezes after a while. No proplems with disk activity or the whole machine freezing though.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@arfcarl
Try to revert kernel to the update1 version to see if it cure the problems (and if so, then bug reports time to the kernel)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 12 »