Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 100

MartinW, kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: ZitaFTP Server user experience
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Is anyone who bough Zita, tried to swap gfx card at all ? To new one, or to just some other one, etc ?:) Just have some issues with, want to know if i am alone.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I can't download the latest ZitaFTP (v1.16 dated Dec7-20) update via AmiUpdate.
Checked the au.;og in Ram and supposedly issue is "Failed to receive HTTP header file..."

anyone else have this issue?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Yes, I downloaded from OS4 Depot instead.

Cheers

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I use ZITA for the real since 1.7 version (and still use this one), for all my remote work with my x5k. And should say it was worth it in end. All the older 68k variants were always kind of pain and have issues. At least now I can just work with. I use it from my windows10 laptop via the latest total-commander (SSL/TLS enabled, but also passive mode enabled too).

I setup zita-launcher via an icon in the main amidock panel where I just launch stuff, but also create a different appdocky dock which placed not so close to the tray dock (where I have keymap switcher, mixer, CPU/gfx/mem dockie/net dockies) and point out to place appdockies inside of that appdocky dock. So visually when I double-click on zita icon in laucnher panel, I have a tasty small dockie at the top in the correct place showing me that things working and/or receive/send data.

Not sure, if the move to the "configuration from the web" were the right one (maybe in terms of making versions for other platforms is right, dunno), but on x5k I mostly prefer text config files and manual editing, in comparison with have necessary to run a web browser to just setup and/or control my ftpd. But just maybe me, and that why I still stick on the 1.7 version.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Not sure, if the move to the "configuration from the web" were the right one

I can report that when I upgraded Zita to the latest version and the web configurator told me to promote the existing user to administrator status, NetSurf couldn't do it and always reset the form. I had to use Odyssey instead. (Just a heads-up for NetSurf users.)

Apart from this little hitch, Zita is really great and just like you, I now use it for all my file sharing.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

v1.16 Configuration can still be adjusted manually using the text config file .
You just have to locate the ZitaFTP.config file in SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive/KeaSigmaDelta/ZitaFTP/ .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife

thanks,,OS4depot update download worked

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'd really like to share files with my Win10 computer. .So much so that I bought a license for Zita last night.
Trouble is, after installation, when the window pops up to configure the server, after clicking OK, I get the following message:

Opening TLS certificate failed:
ENVARC:KeaSigmaDelta/ZitaFTP/server.pem. Error: system lib

Latest AMISSL was already installed. I thought the readme said a TLS cert wouold be generated upon completion of the configuration. But I can't get there because of the error message.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have bought ZitaFTP server the moment it was released by Hans. The latest version works great, and i love the webbased configuration part. I did had to setup my HTTP handler correctly to let the installer call Odyssey for the configuration part. Its great to transfer data from my windows 10 systems using Filezilla to my X5000 using ZitaFTP.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Tried to install latest version from os4depot, and when installation finished, i removed all the tickboxes, click finish. Then dbl-click on icon to run, it ask me "want you configure? " i say yes. And then it bring me fatal window,with words "env:keasigmadelta/zitaftpserver/server.pem not found". I checked, and there is no such file, and it even didn't come with the archive.

I am the only one with ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Files
key.pem 12/09/2020
key.pem.bak 01/09/2020

so look like it was created or installed with earlier versions

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre
Yeah, looks like just in the latest archive they missed. Not that it anyhow important for me, as the 1.7 version works very well for me, just was in the hope maybe a new one fixes an issue when I connected via total-commander first time, it always drops the connection, and second time all ok.

I wrote to Hans with a bug-report anyway, just in case it will help others later.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I too cannot download 1.16 or 1.17 via AmiUpdate.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I can't finish the wizard, and when I run ZitaFTP afterwards I get this message: Could not create directory: Work:logs/ZitaFTP

I suspect it's a hardcoded path, because I don't have a partition named Work:.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@arfcarl

Hans uploads a new version yesterday, so maybe your first error is gone. But about hardcoded "WORK:" Hans says will fix it in the next release.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Version 1.17:

The hardcoded path was fixed with an assign.

Another bug: Wizard doesnt save a "virtual dir" name in the config file, so the wizard wants to start over every time I start the server. Solved by adding a name for the "virtual dir" manually in the config file.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Tried to update from my old 1.7 to new today's zita 1.18.

1). Amiupdate says it can't update automatically, so I should do it manually.

2). Once unpacked, run installing script this goes fine, and then I choose "run after installing". Not it brings me 2 windows

-- one with Zita ftp asking if I want to open configuration, I say yes, and then have an error in launch handler saying "Error: The protocol is no currently supported. WIZARD".

- second window Opening TSL certificate failed : ENVARC:KeasSigmaDelta/ZitaFTP/. Error: system lib.

Pressing on "ok" in that first window causes a crash in zitaftp.

So then I had to delete my old configuration file in ZitaFTP directory, reboot and tried to configure it again. All goes well this time, but it can't give me the ability to create my user again, seems it stored somewhere else, so keep an old one.

After that, it works. Through, should note, that "web-based configuration" is for real unnecessary complicated steps. Pure text file configs are much better to understand IMHO. But at least it still can be controlled from a text file as well.

Edited by kas1e on 2021/2/1 7:11:57
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
At least I still can control it by config file placed in env:KeaSigmaDelta/ZitaFTP/ZitaFTP.config

But there few questions:

Is it possible now to fully disable the opening of HTTP/HTTPS port numbers on a local machine for web-configurator (i don't need one). Set http/https to 0 only make it use random ports. Commenting them out make only use 1024 and 1025 port.

Is it possible in the "actual_path" have not something like "work:" or "system:", but, something more general, on the level up, so once I connect I can see all the volumes?

PS. TotalCommander connection start to be better: before when you connect it often disconnects from the first try, and then the second one ok. Now with 1.18, all seems fine all the time.

Edited by kas1e on 2021/2/1 7:41:57
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
For your second question, do any of those old 'ROOT:' fake filesystems work on OS4? That would solve that for you.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)