Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 »
Re: Company<->User communication...Is it still a thing today?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

I have today published another article on the Amiga Developer Blog: Introducing Enhancer Software Core V1.1

http://blog.amigadeveloper.com

This article explains how to download, register and install the new Enhancer Software Core V1.1 as well as an overview of the files contained inside it.

Regards

Matthew

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

I don't think that aynone waits your to do a "lot" or a start weekly report etc. Just few words time to time.

Waiting A1222 has been very silent process. :(

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@utri007Quote:
@amigakit I don't think that aynone waits your to do a "lot" or a start weekly report etc. Just few words time to time. Waiting A1222 has been very silent process. :(

I agree with this. Somewhat between two weeks or a monthly report would be more than sufficient.

@amigakit
I noticed the "Info window" displaying the agreement during the installation of the EnhancerCore, allows text to be selected (I was trying to select the e-mail address to send a report), but it can not be copied: "RAmiga-C" activates the "Cancel" button below the text area.

This might very well be an issue with ReAction as a whole, (RAWBInfo is another example) but Shortcut keypresses should be filtered from the such combined with a meta key (at least RAmiga and LAmiga). System-wide. At the moment, I can not think of an exception where it would make sense not to.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:
I noticed the "Info window" displaying the agreement during the installation of the EnhancerCore, allows text to be selected (I was trying to select the e-mail address to send a report), but it can not be copied: "RAmiga-C" activates the "Cancel" button below the text area.

This might as well be an issue at the infowindow.class level. I'll look into it ASAP.

EDIT:
The Cancel button is triggered because it has the "C" key set as a keyboard shortcut. This functionality is provided by the button.gadget, which triggers the shortcut even if the key is pressed together with an Amiga key (but not Alt or Ctrl). So it looks like a button.gadget bug to me...

EDIT2:
Or maybe it's window.class that handles the button shortcuts? Don't know.

Edited by trixie on 2020/11/1 21:41:38
Edited by trixie on 2020/11/2 7:58:30
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

nice blog :)

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

I have suggestions to improve communication making it simpler. Today I tried again to purchase software from the AMIStore app. First I tried to pay with credit card using Odyssey, what failed confirming payment. Then I tried with Netsurf (that was in the choices after I clicked on the checkout button in AMIStore) but it was said this browser was not recommended. I also tried with Paypal but that failed to send me a code on the phone. Maybe our browsers are too old but in this case .. how people use AMIStore?

Seeing that AMIStore opened a page of the amisphere.com website, I went to it, this time using Firefox on Linux. Once logged in, I only have a single page (download) but no shopping bag or products (except Enhancer Software Core that is the fourth flavour).

I go to amistore.net and found "Recent updates on AMIStore" with:
1/ broken links
2/ a product name "Enhancer Software Plus V2 (OS4) (2.0B36)" ... that I did not find in the AMIStore app.

On amisphere.com I didn't find any contact info. And while writing this post and trying again many things, I finally found a contact form on amistore.net in "Account/Contact us".

I think all that is too complicated. Differences between flavours of Enhancer Software should be clearer. For example, within AMIStore, it is difficult to compare Standard and Plus editions. In the Standard edition, there are RadeonHD drivers V1 ... What is the difference with V2? Is it still necessary to provide V1? There is also V3 mentioned in "Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade". Does it only contain RadeonHD drivers? What do they bring in addition to extending the memory limit above 256 MB?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@corto

V.2 has the composited video feature which speed up video playback on all Radeon HD cards and beyond.

https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Graphics_Composited_Video

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rob

V2 of what? Of RadeonHD? Of ESP? You see how all this is not clear?

PS : nice from the modo who has deleted my previous post explaining why I decided to change my operating system regarding all this.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rob

Yuv support is not was shown in A1222 video, we have had yuv support for a where long time (2015), what was shown in A1222 presentation was hardware decompression, so they releasing something they already have released.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rob

The graphic card can technically do a lot, that is now done by the OS, deblocking (a technique the smooth out the video removing artifacts from the video after decompression process), gamma correction / illumination, I believe there is something called IPC, there is lot stuff that has to happen to the image before its being presented. Supporting YUV is just the last thing in that chain.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php?title=Enhancer_Software

Releases

The following releases of the Enhancer Software have been made:
Current

Version 1.5 released on 30th June 2019 for OS4 platform.

Editions

There are three editions of the Enhancer Software:

Special Edition: this edition contains all files except the RadeonHD graphics driver, Warp3D Nova and CANDI.

Standard Edition: this edition features all files including the version 1 series RadeonHD driver.

Plus Edition: this edition features all files including the version 2 series RadeonHD driver.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade on AMIStore

https://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8282

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Spectre660

Thanks for explaining the differences between the three editions of the Enhancer Software.

I purchased the Special Edition for my MicroA1 system.

The MicroA1 motherboard includes onboard Radeon 7000 chip and 32 MB of grahics memory, and cannot be upgraded to HD graphics, so, I did not require RadeonHD graphics driver, Warp3D Nova or CANDI.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
V2 of what? Of RadeonHD? Of ESP? You see how all this is not clear?

The RadeonHD driver.

@LiveForIt

Quote:
Yuv support is not was shown in A1222 video, we have had yuv support for a where long time (2015), what was shown in A1222 presentation was hardware decompression, so they releasing something they already have released.

I made no reference to the video showing hardware decoding on the A1222.

At the bottom of the wiki page I linked to.

This page was last edited on 7 October 2015, at 04:28.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Spectre660

Quote:

Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade on AMIStore

https://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8282

I learned reading your link that "Enhancer Software version 1.x required". What I missed reading its description in AMIStore. And with which variant(s)?

Anyway, another thing that's not logical to me is "Everyone that orders this package will receive a licence for the forthcoming Enhancer Software 2 release". The graphics drivers and libraries can be acquired with the Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade, that can be seen as a subset of the Enhancer Pack ... that will allow a future update of the pack in which it is contained.

I understood the difference between the content of the 3 flavours of the Enhancer Packs. I just think there are too many variants. And the "Core" version in addition to that!

And about the terminology, I never know if the Special pack is better or cheaper than the Standard pack, if I don't read their description.

My comments and suggestions were not restricted to these Enhancer Packs.

Note: OMG! Your answer made me looking again at the Enhancer Packs content and I just understand that "Warp3DN_SI.library" is Warp3D Nova! My first idea was to buy Warp3D for Radeon SI and thought I will get it with the Enhancer pack! That's not new but reusing the term Warp3D brought confusion.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@corto

Enhancer V2.x may probably have fewer variants than V1.x .
There is an option to get the Enhancer V2.0 2D and 3D Graphics drivers in advance basically by paying for V2.0 but only getting the Graphics card 2D and 3D drivers initially until the the rest of the Package is released.
The versions of the 3D drivers included with Enhancer V2.0 are
* RadeonHD version 3.x driver
* RadeonRX version 1.x driver
* Warp3D Nova 3D Driver for RadeonRX

Not part of this pre purchase bundle but announced as due to be released with the Final Enhancer V2.0 package is the Video Acceleration Library for Polaris video cards .

Warp3D Nova 3D is a different driver to Warp3D SI .
Warp3D SI is an implementation for Radeon Southern Island cards that allows you to run MiniGL programs .
It is not compatible with the Polaris cards.
Warp3D SI is not included with any of the Enhancer packages. It is available for purchase separately via Amistore .

Note that the X1000 currently will not boot with a Polaris Card. CFE probably needs to be updated to support them.
X1000 CFE source is now apparently in the hands of the ExecSG kernel team .

Edited by Spectre660 on 2020/11/18 0:04:44
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Direct cut an paste from the Wiki so no stress.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Spectre660

Quote:
Enhancer V2.x may probably have fewer variants than V1.x .
There is an option to get the Enhancer V2.0 2D and 3D Graphics drivers in advance basically by paying for V2.0 but only getting the Graphics card 2D and 3D drivers initially until the the rest of the Package is released.
The versions of the 3D drivers included with Enhancer V2.0 are
* RadeonHD version 3.x driver
* RadeonRX version 1.x driver
* Warp3D Nova 3D Driver for RadeonRX

Not part of this pre purchase bundle but announced as due to be released with the Final Enhancer V2.0 package is the Video Acceleration Library for Polaris video cards .

Warp3D Nova 3D is a different driver to Warp3D SI .
Warp3D SI is an implementation for Radeon Southern Island cards that allows you to run MiniGL programs .
It is not compatible with the Polaris cards.
Warp3D SI is not included with any of the Enhancer packages. It is available for purchase separately via Amistore .

Note that the X1000 currently will not boot with a Polaris Card. CFE probably needs to be updated to support them.
X1000 CFE source is now apparently in the hands of the ExecSG kernel team .

How simple it is, isn't it (sarcasm inside)...

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Spectre660

Thank you for your explanation. I really appreciate. But even if that clarifies some things ... that should be simple by default.

We have to admit users are confused and that harms our small market and companies that aim to sell more and make users satisfied.

Things have to be simple. I insist on this point because there are some actions to take about that to improve communication (our topic here).

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 »