Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOS 4 Gaming Highscores Online - Competitions etc.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everyone,

Would any of you be interested in a page/site showing highscores for some selected AmigaOS 4 games?

Perhaps a monthly gaming competition?

I see that they do such things on EAB, as well as Amigos Podcast having a high-score challenge for classic on their Discord.

Would be fun if we could do something similar for AmigaOS 4.

We could have a thread here where we could vote for "Game of the Month" for example, and then people submit their scores here or directly on a webpage if that is possible. I can make a section for this on my "Gaming on AmigaOS 4" blog for example. :) Would be a cool project to work.

So, anyone interested in this? I think it would be fun and a good way to promote AmigaOS 4 too.

First suggestions for games from my side:

Dodge These Balls (freeware)

1941 Extreme Deluxe

TechnoballZ

Breakers (Arkanoid)

GemGem

- These are free to download and fun to play. They don't take much time getting into, so the threshold to participate is not high.

Thanks for reading and hope some of you would be interested. :)

Go to top
Re: AmigaOS 4 Gaming Highscores Online - Competitions etc.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

great idea! I vote for Blastaway & Huenison by Retream both games made on Amiga OS4.1 👍 and the great games by AmiBoing...Mace, Spencer, Bubble Shooter, Jewels, Balance Blox, River Raid

Edited by 328gts on 2020/11/3 2:32:54
mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Excellent idea! Games doesn't have to be free - anyway some of the games that 328gts mentioned are at AMIStore only few euros...

Maybe this will also motivate developers to develop some games for NG platforms (OS4/MorphOS)...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback and suggestions! :) Definitely agree with having non-free titles to play as well.

Have started working on the project now and have a page up and running here.

Think this will develop over time. Most important is to get everything up and running and then we can add additional features, better graphics, awards etc.

Right now I have a page ready with very basic high-score listings for two games, some information about the leaderboards and a header logo I made. Later on we should have Game of the Month competitions and more. That will be fun. :)

Thanks again for the positive comments. I will make a separate thread here where people can submit their scores for inclusion in the highscore tables. We should later on make a thread about Game of the Month too.

PS: The page is now up and running in basic form here:

https://amigaos4gaming.wordpress.com/amigaos-4-gaming-leaderboards/

Go to top

Register To Post