Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 »
Re: Company<->User communication...Is it still a thing today?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

Quote:

And if they can get permission to include it (or the necessary parts) with their product, then end-users have no problems.

Think as 3d party dev: you want to write some program, you choose what classes to use, choice AEON ones, boring to register/download, ok, done that. Then you wrote the program, and you need to TOUCH WITH MATTEW! Who for any reasons not very often (or often not) answering. You need to write a few times, maybe do phone calls, etc. And, it's not 100% clear then will they agree to distribute their classes with your program or not. One more boss at the top :) And they will think if agree or not to use those classes in your apps :) Some devs will not works like this, 100%.

But maybe this is done to avoid Hyperion include AEON's classes into OS4 for example, or make a protect so Hyperion's OS4 components will not use them in any way as well.

And in the case of Hyperion's SDK, we have one single site with everything tied to Hyperion where we download everything. But in the case of AEON, how many sites there? 10? AEON one, amispehere, amistore, amiwhatelse, for every program different sub-site with a different name. Personally, I lost long ago what and where I register and what my accounts for and is :)

Maybe there just no way to fix that mess better than that, dunno.

But surely, if things should be getting from the official site of AEON, then this part should be easy as possible: there should be just one single AEON site, with everything on it, without any amistories, amisphere,amicremies. But...

Anyway, don't want to be one who is whining all the time and not **banana** :) Hope I wrong and there will be devs who will happily use those classes.

At least two already will as far as i know.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

First thank you for supporting community, this Enhancer Core was really a nice surpise.

I have Enhancer packages already, but just wanted to check the AmiSphere login for a while - when I login I get empty page with A-EON top bar telling my username: xxxxxx and nickname: and edit profile-link and some credits that I have at AmiStore... but I just cannot see anything to download.

Maybe a small note to users that 'please register the product to see it under downloads' might help, I actually had to open the PC as I thought my x5000 Odyssey had issues - but no it was just stupid user issue :)

Anyway as I had AmiSphere open I tried once again register my Personal Paint (I ordered few years back from AmigaKit) - but serial just doesn't work - whom I should contact to get updates for this PPaint CD - version? I've got one response so far just telling 'please login and register the product', but that just doesn't work...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache:
As far as i remind, you can download the SDK from Hyperion Site without registration there.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
But in the case of AEON, how many sites there? 10? AEON one, amispehere, amistore, amiwhatelse, for every program different sub-site with a different name. Personally, I lost long ago what and where I register and what my accounts for and is :)

I am sorry, this is sensationalist and inaccurate. Your post will cause confusion by writing this.

There is one login system for A-EON's downloads: it is AmiSphere. The very same login works with AmiStore, A-EON, AmiSphere.com and the Updater tool. All of them use the AmiSphere Server where the files are stored. So as a user you just need to remember your AmiSphere username and password.

@TearsOfMe

The vast majority of active OS4 users now login to AmiSphere regularly and have an account so it is no problem so login to download software. Registration can mean that the http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php?title=Updater tool can keep user's hard drive up to date with the latest classes as we release them.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Tohe

Send an email to support@amisphere.com

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

So, since nothing really important was posted after AmiWest, i assume nothing really important went on there.

Just the usual, probably, talks, plans, announcements of upcoming announcements and more hot air?

No one relized that was their last chance to show something for the last remaining user(s)?

I guess that was it then...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel
Why not watch the stream before, which you obviously didn't, to inform yourself instead of "assuming" and ranting?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daytona675x

Agree, although understanding exactly what was said is not that easy as not everyone understands spoken Amerikan-english

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

Yeah, thanks that's what i was looking for

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I was actually quite happy about the announcements, the Enhancer Core available immediately gives me hope that 2.0 release will also come in promised schedule...

A1222, well - everyone expects to see it as soon as possible...

Thanks everyone involved - at least I'm excited for the next few months...(again) :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The official Amiga Developer Twitter account is now open:

www.twitter.com/amigadeveloper

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@amigakit
That's awesome. Thanks for opening one more channel for communication.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit

Nice! Will follow on Twitter!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Following!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Has A-Eon ever asked Hyperion to buy os4?

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Quote:
Has A-Eon ever asked Hyperion to buy os4?

AFAIK Hyperion does not own OS4, so A-EON cannot possibly buy it from them.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Trixie
Interesting on what parts OS4 splits.

I mean, what components exactly coming to Hyperion? As of late, they got rights to "Reaction", but it just a name probably or just some set of classes coming by default with os4.

Then p96 I remember too. But as of late, it ditched anyway, and keeping only for backward compatibility inside of graphics.library.

There is also: Workbench, DOS, graphics, set of modules to load (drivers and stuff), Sirion for USB, AmiDock, AmigaInput, lot of other components anyway, with authors of which there probably some agreement for a long period and which they can't sell for time being.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Trevor (or A-Eon don't remember) bought also Warp3D

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

A-EON Technology Ltd is the owner of Warp3D - hence using the name for later, more advanced version such as Warp3D Nova.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 »