Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Joystick/gamepad usable for os4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Capehill

Quote:

as soon as I touch the right stick, Z-Axis sliders drop from middle to bottom. They never set to middle again even after calibration.

I never experienced this. But i also had initially some problems which i could solve. I tested it successfully with Xbox One S, PS3 and a pair of Nintendo Switch Joycons. -> All Wireless <- You could try the following steps:

- When i write "delete" you (or someone else) should know where to obtain the files again or better backup them ;)

- Unplug ALL Game Devices
- Reboot

- Delete the following files from SYS:Libs/AmigaInput
- PCI_SoundCardHornet.driver
- PCI_Soundcard.driver
- PCI_sblive.pci
- PCI_GamePortHornet.driver
- PCI_GamePort.driver

- Delete all Files within SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys/AmigaInput/
- Reboot

- Plug the MAGIC-NS Stick into an USB Port (Don't connect your Gamepad via USB Cable - Bluetooth works perfect!)
- The MAGIC-NS Stick has a small Button, select "DINPUT" Mode (should be indicated by a blinking blue LED)
- When the MAGIC-NS LED blinks blue it is time to switch your Gamepad on

- IMPORTANT NOTE HERE - When you switch your wireless Gamepad on - ENSURE BOTH ANALOG STICKS ARE IN NORMAL POSITION

- Click the Button on the MAGIC-NS stick and the "Connect"-Button of your PS4 Pad
- If you successfully paired your MAGIC-NS Stick and Controller, the LED of the MAGIC-NS Stick should stop blinking and light constantly in blue
- Open AmigaInput, select USB, you should see MAGIC-NS whithin "Drivers" Tab
- Select it

- DON'T CALIBRATE YOUR GAMEPAD !!!

- It should work now perfectly
- Test it (only) by moving the sticks and pressing the Buttons
- Save

Edited by IamSONIC on 2020/10/24 23:23:17
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@IamSONIC

Thanks, I think that deleting the old prefs did the trick. The right stick started to behave normally after that and it was possible to finish SDL2 controllermap properly.

I did however calibrate the sticks - and they still work - because testing showed that there was almost no activity on axises.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Plexus

You are right, it seems that a wired PS4 controller works also (no adapter needed)! PS3 controller doesn't calibrate as Thematic wrote earlier.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
PS5 pad (wired) seems to work also. At least it's recognized and can be calibrated.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)