Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 12 »
Re: Company<->User communication...Is it still a thing today?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@asymetrix

Yes, path it will take if Hyperion does not update the TCP/IP stack or try improve on the OS. Sadly its not what I like spend time on, but app developer will have redirect effort to do what Hyperion or AEON should be doing.

Naturally AROS is a open source archive with lots of interesting stuff, that can be built on or ported over to AmigaOS4.1, as replacement for stuff is not updated or is buggy.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I think it's time to walk away and never look back.

I don't want to watch this farce anymore. I can wait a couple of days to AmiWest but if it's empty talk like before then I think it's over.

It doesn't matter who "wins" the court case. They will come out with an empty hand. The community have walked away and the last one have shut down the lights.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@OlafS3

Quote:
Ask yourself... you buy a product that is costly and needs constant updates to be useful, even only partly supported (missing drivers in this case).

I am unaware of any drivers that the X5000 is missing. Are you able to tell me what driver is omitted?

We bundle the Enhancer Software v1.5 with the X5000. This contains an advanced graphics sub system of 2D drivers, 3D driver system with shader support, ethernet driver and a lot more.

We do not leave customers with the standard OS4.1 install which contains graphics drivers which are 20 years old and completely unsuitable for a modern platform such as the X5000.

Quote:
no updates and not even any information

No updates? I have released a lot of regular downloadable updates through our Updater tool which is supplied with the Enhancer Software. The last batch of updates were just six weeks ago and news was posted here and Amigaworld.

No information? I spend many hours updating and maintaining our official Wiki for customers: http://wiki.amiga.org/enhancersoftware

Information about any file updated is maintained here: https://www.amisphere.com/updater

All of these resources are updated frequently throughout the year.

Quote:
And offer bugfixes as soon as possible and help the few developers out there left as much as you can

Bugfixes are identified and discussed in support tickets through our Mantis Bug Tracker. The bugfixes are offered as downloads through our Updater tool.

Edited by amigakit on 2020/10/14 2:15:18
Edited by amigakit on 2020/10/14 2:16:59
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mattew
Sadly you still ignore the questions peoples ask. Communication mean you talk honest, not repeat things we know. I.e ignored questions are:

1). Why accelerated video done year ago not released, and Amiboing guys do their work on emotion year ago, but as they explain they have no answer since from AEON. Because of that they pieced off a bit.

2). Why updated zzd10h dockies send you half of year ago not released too. It contain necessary bug fixes.

3). When will be the date on next Enhancer release (at least a planning dead line)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:

Bugfixes are identified and discussed in support tickets through our Mantis Bug Tracker

http://www.amiga.org/developer/bugreports/view.php?id=314

This is in the tracker since over two years.
I got ONE comment and nothing else since.

It's even assigend to some "sierratu", but does anyone care?
Obviously not.

It's a crash bug...still no one cares.

Actually, looking at the "bug tracker", the only real discussion is going on in bug items where developers are part of (broadblues, hans, capehill, daytona etc.), a mere user who burned his hard earned money for this, is left in the dark ... as always.

Really, you need to get your facts straight and not repeat what kas1e is telling you the whole time...you repeat the same * over and over again.

Also, you need to really get your "bug tracker" fixed.
I still don't get ANY email notifications on updates (i have it set up to do so, even marked ALL of my reports with CC) to my items (not that there are many, mind you)

Also, also, why keep f.e. CANDI as a product in the tracker AND for sale, when the creators clearly stated that they won't work on bugs (and there are DOZENS) because this was a one payment work?
See here
Quote:

Beside this, we have to focus on our own projects and want to stay independent. The first version of Candy was a nice project but from our side, we never had a plan to make a prefs (just click and start... what could be easyer?). But some Tabor images and sending two boards for payment was a trigger for us ;) A little mistake... We never do this again. So we had new depencies we never wanted and had to build the prefs thing no one really needs with functions we never wanted (Why notification on changing????).

and
Quote:

Wa don´t want to spend much time in Candi! It was a nice project to try what is possible but we can not spend more and more time in such small things.

and
Quote:

@Raziel+Candi: We hope you enjoyed it a bit but i am not shure if we find a problem. Maybe it is a bit waste of money but for us also a big waste of time because we have to focus a bit of new stuff (yes, it was a shitty year, last year ;) ).

Why are such facts not communicated with the people who bought it?
CANDI is obviously EOL...but you still sell it, is this what you call a business model?

OTOH if you try to remove the critical users by this, hey you are doing great...keep on and you'll sell your stuff to your family in a year, because no one else belives in anything you say anymore...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
The way I understand it, and please correct me if I am wrong, based on all the comments here, is that users and customers of all the companies are not happy, not because of the amount of releases, but because of the communication. Because for someone these might be enough, but for someone else these might be not enough.

If A-Eon needs to delay a product for X reasons, IMO, should communicate with the users about the reasons. We are all old and mature (I hope) enough to understand the reasons.

Matthew is right that he, and the AmigaDeveloper.com team, delivered updates and released software. And I am sure he and A-Eon have their reasons on anything they do and the way they do it. Even that they are here, they read our posts and take the time to respond, shows that they care.

But Matthew, have in mind that if the users are not informed about the releases A-Eon does, then it seems the way it was done was not enough. Maybe something needs to change on the way you do it.

All of us, and this discussion, as much as I understand, is not against A-Eon, Hyperion and AmigaKit. This discussion is happening to show you guys that there is a problem and that something needs to change. And we are here to discuss what might be a good next step, not to play the blame game, because this never ends.

In my opinion, if A-Eon had a blog that once per month, or more frequently, could have posts based on every project (Enhancer, X5000, A1222 etc), their status, why there are delays, and what is going to happen, this would be great. If it is possible to express yourselves in a way that can show how you think, this would solve peoples doubts, and they would not accuse anyone that they do not care. And the posts do not need to be huge. Two paragraphs are enough to express the above.

Even for historical reasons, there is a need for some information to be out there. For example, I remember an announcement about A-Eon and ACube cooperation, but I don't remember I heard at any time what happened with that and what came out of it. I do not ask you to tell us high confidential information, but A-Eon needs to write about things like that. It shows that A-Eon didn't do an announcement just for the announcement, but came back and informed people about it, and the outcome.

The time were the companies were not talking with the community passed so long ago. Even really huge brands right now they find it crucial to have a communication with their customers, because like that they talk also with their potential customers. That's the way to show how honest they are, that they have a plan and they communicate it.

If I were A-Eon or Hyperion or AmigaKit I would feel angry with myself if people compared me with an other group, accusing me that I am not as good as they are. I would look what I do wrong and I would try to become better.

So, Matthew, Trevor and anyone that might read it from Hyperion (which I doubt), instead of trying to defend yourselves, ask people what they want. Do not assume what they want. Ask them to propose how you can become better and get their feedback, evaluate it and change where you need to change. Don't go to the counter attack. You have to understand that if one person thinks something, then hundreds of people might think the same.

@all
Instead of accusing and blaming, maybe we should try to propose solutions and help those companies. That goes for me as well. No one here is perfect, but Amigans.net is much better than the other websites, don't you think. Let's show that.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel
"OTOH if you try to remove the critical users by this, hey you are doing great...keep on and you'll sell your stuff to your family in a year, because no one else belives in anything you say anymore..."

I'm sorry, but here there are other people that remove the critical users, but for education, I don't say names.
The critical users in AmigaOS4 always have bothered, only in the forums had to praise the things although these don't work or don't do well, for example charge for all updates like 4.1 FE when you have bough the 4.1, while MorphOS each update is free.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero
I'm not seeing a lot of that blame game in this thread (at least not from the users), but the tone-deaf answers from Matthew prove that the communication is currently not working. There is a reason why even the most loyal users are getting angry and in some case leave the scene for good.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I read some of the posts here and I understand that users are frustrated with Hyperion and the OS4.1 development and updates. I get that.

There is no Hyperion representative here because there is no-one left to do this in Hyperion any longer.

From an AmigaDeveloper.com Team pespective, I make myself available on forums and email on a weekly basis to help our customers and listen to feedback.

There seems to be confusion that A-EON is Hyperion and this is not the case. I have tried to highlight this in the thread: our software development is independent.

To that end, I will consider setting up a monthly blog for the Amiga Developer Team which brings together all the work we are doing in one place.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
I will consider setting up a monthly blog for the Amiga Developer Team which brings together all the work we are doing in one place.

We on the Amiga Developer Team may not have enough material or time to ensure regular(ish) blog posts. Instead, please talk to Trevor and consider what I suggested above in this thread. This is an "umbrella" solution that would get more people involved, making it easier to maintain sufficient information traffic.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
What @trixie proposed is, IMO, a good way to do it, without having the weight fall on one person only. But @trixie, I would like to see technical posts as well. For example, what are the problems that the new datatypes.library tries to solve? Will there be new features, i.e. streaming capabilities? Why for A-Eon this is more crucial than something else?

This way not only A-Eon will inform people on what they are doing, but also why, and a more in depth overview on how they work. There is a plethora of topics that could be covered.

I enjoy a lot Trevor's blog posts and I would love to keep reading them, without change anything.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@BSzilli
Quote:
I'm not seeing a lot of that blame game in this thread (at least not from the users),

I am so happy to hear that, because it is true we have a healthy community at Amigans.net.

Quote:
but the tone-deaf answers from Matthew prove that the communication is currently not working.

That's what we need to communicate with him and anyone else if we want things to change. That's what we ask to change.

Personally I am glad that Matthew and Trevor spend time to sit down, read and reply to our posts. That means that they do care, and that's the first step to fix anything that doesn't work. And it is an opportunity for us to express ourselves and find solutions. We should not waste it. The benefit will be on both sides. Don't you agree?

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

>I am unaware of any drivers that the X5000 is missing. Are
>you able to tell me what driver is omitted?

The 'lsi53c8xx.device' driver module is broken and totally useless in X5000!

See here:
https://forum.hyperion-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3768

Have been waiting for over three years for the fix to be published, in order to get access to my SCSI disks and use the data stored on them!

So, as Hyperion is not willing to publish a working driver, when will A-Eon include a replacement module in the Enhancer software?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor

As was stated in the thread back then, it has been fixed in beta.

Like all the other fixes made in OS4 over the last years, it awaits that Hyperion decide to release them.

I'd rather see that happen than have yet another system component re-implemented by a third party.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

If never going to be released then I guess, we have no option then port something from Linux or AORS, and spend time on that. more wasted time.

If no one is going to fix the bug, free the source code, so some one can.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Fine that AmiKit answers but...wait...i read only blah blah blah Hyperion.blah...blah..Hyperion. Clearly understandable.
And i truly appreciate that you take time to answer.

But what about to answer kas1e questions?

Also again:

@Mattew
Sadly you still ignore the questions peoples ask. Communication mean you talk honest, not repeat things we know. I.e ignored questions are:

1). Why accelerated video done year ago not released, and Amiboing guys do their work on emotion year ago, but as they explain they have no answer since from AEON. Because of that they pieced off a bit.

2). Why updated zzd10h dockies send you half of year ago not released too. It contain necessary bug fixes.

3). When will be the date on next Enhancer release (at least a planning dead line)

......so...?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

thanks for you answers, but..

Bundle, any news about rest of items? They really doesn't matter to me, but would like to get update. All explanations / delays would be accepted.

I bought it just to get A1222 and when I registered my interest, I didn't get any confirmation mail about it. Should there be one?

What is Hyperion situation? Any light?

@all this is a hobby, not a general computing platform.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@utri007

Quote:
this is a hobby, not a general computing platform

I quite agree. But if people plan on charging for software and hardware, and act as though they are normal businesses, then they can't just show utter contempt for their customers and not expect a negative reaction.

All people want is a blasted update, the occasional screenshot, an indication that things haven't died completely. Sending email after email and being ignored; posts on forums, Facebook, and elsewhere, and being ignored; even whole, in-person meetings of developers and testers ignored!

It's enough already.

Clearly Hyperion is guilty of this behavior, but they aren't the only ones. And more and more people leave, usually silently, month after month as a result.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@eliyahu

Quote:
more and more people leave, usually silently, month after month as a result.

Yes, the situation is most alarming! And it is highly ironic that the Tabor project was meant to cause the opposite: an influx of new users who previously wouldn't buy and AmigaOS4 system due to the prohibitive cost. Unfortunately, the project got delayed like everything else, and the communication was apparently not good enough (as this thread shows), which in the end only contributed to the user frustration already fuelled by the inactive Hyperion.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
deleted post

Quote:
I think it's time to walk away and never look back.

I don't want to watch this farce anymore. I can wait a couple of days to AmiWest but if it's empty talk like before then I think it's over.

It doesn't matter who "wins" the court case. They will come out with an empty hand. The community have walked away and the last one have shut down the lights.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 12 »