Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Do we have decent ZX-Spectrum emulator for amigaos4 ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Topic says it all because those ones which I tried on os4depot, doesn't look good enough. I mean, is there some emulator which can open the chosen size of the window, not just small original ones, but big sizes. Together with having those scaling algos which most emulators have usually? Also fullscreen and stuff. I mean, something of the level of "unreal" emulator.

If we didn't, is there any decent opensource zx-spectrum emulator where no assembler involved, so we can easily port it? The best if it will be SDL2 of course.

Edited by kas1e on 2020/9/16 15:12:37
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Do we have decent ZX-Spectrum emulator for amigaos4 ?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

ASp is my favourite. It runs lovely on OS4 although hasn't been updated for a long time so doesn't have all the bells and whistles it could have (you can choose window size I think but it definitely doesn't do TV effects - it does run full screen which is how I always use it)

Other than that, port a newer version of FUSE. I ported it many years ago but it has been updated since then - my old version should have everything you want though, if you can put up with the clunky built-in SDL interface. There may already be a newer port of FUSE for OS4, not sure.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Fuse works very well, I played lots of Spectrum games without problems even homebrew games

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
There were more or less new port of FUSE from amigablitter when work on SDL2 port start to happens in full : http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... on/misc/fuse_emulator.zip

But it simple crashes when trying to save config file, which point out that port wasn't very well tested.

Also, as far as i know FUSE didn't support new Spectrum NEXT, so maybe something else need to be ported .. I see there is actively developed "zesarux" : https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux/tree/master/src , and as i see it may use SDL1/SDL2 for audio/video, so maybe that one can be good candidate for newer port.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

( OT: SDL2-based Amstrad CPC emulator would be nice too... )

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Yeah, zesarux supports the Next, I think there's another one that does too. I have a Next so emulating it isn't that interesting to me It also plays Spectrum games better than an emulator so not fussed about that either!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Coincidentally I just saw this comment from SevenFFF in the Discord:

Quote:
One of the two Next emulators only runs at full speed on a high end Ryzen. The other one will run at full speed on a Pi 4, but not on other Pis. Neither emulator is accurate

So you can probably forget about emulating a Next on an Amiga.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Talking about emulators, how hard would it be to emulate the Nintendo Gamecube? PPC 485Mhz, ATI(AMD) GPU.

There is an OLD src archive of Dolphin(GC emu) for Linux PPC somewhere on the net and on one of my hdd's.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top

Register To Post